• Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Sounds like he’s the next Gaither.
    Way more upside
    just an injury risk
    Maybe playing behind a qb that can throw it on time can help keep him healthy
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I absolutely agree with you on a vet minimum guy and UDFA. That does nothing! I think they bring in 3 Dlinemen, that’s including edge via free agency plus a high draft pick. I hope it’s along the lines of.

Free Agents
      DT BJ Hill
      DT Tim Settle
      OLB/DE Dorance Armstrong

Draft
      NT Jordan Davis
      OLB/DE Sam Williams

FA wish list atm....

RB Ronald Jones,
      D’Ernest Johnson, WR Cedrick Wilson, TE Mike Gesicki, RT Morgan Moses, NT Danny Shelton, 4T BJ Hill, ED Dorance Armstrong, CB Levi Wallace, K Younghoe Koo

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Reunited and it feels so good....
        peaches n' herb?

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

LOL.
          Refreshing honesty from TT.
          It's a contract year.
          ok.... dear John,

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

A lot of what TT said is music to my ears. The problem is that he’s not a new GM and has been with us for 9 years. There’s been some good, but too many bad IMO. This is his last year barring a deep run next season.
          if I had my druthers, and.... somehow JoJo Wooden gets hired away from here.... would hire DJ as Asst. GM and have a little convo w/his pal Tom and explain to him that as of next year and per his next contract, he will then be the VP of Football Ops, second in command to young John himself, and.... this next year will be devoted to letting DJ cut his teeth in our FO, and learn the staff there, and so that when he takes over as GM next year in 2023, that he will know of which staff he chooses to retain, and of those which is long overdue for them to be bid adieu....

would also have a convo w/my HC, and explain to him, that even tho it makes no sense, that eye would like him to name Joe Brady as his STs coach, and.... I know that is blasphemy, and just as much as what I'm about to proffer, as really think we could again fall short of expectations next season.... in part to Telesco's/team Tommy John's middling efforts in personnel, and in part due to Staley's high strung persona, that am just not convinced is sustaining.... either he slows his roll some and takes things down a notch/gear, or just think his high voltage act could really short circuit if there's a short(fall/coming) somehow ??

know that such a thought may seem preposterous, and.... am feeling rather wary 'bout next season, and.... very hesitant to resign TT as GM going forward.

ps. so yes, am in favor of bringing in DJ as our future GM, and Joe Brady as our future HC, and to make TT our VP of Football Ops, and.... still wingman to young John.
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Pass We need younger on the OL, not older. We’re already older.
            I think for RT -- Telesco should use the draft. Its fine for depth to sign a veteran for cheap like the Packers did with Kelly. Granted, I think Pipkins as your back up OT with a guy like Norton behind him. So the OL would look something like this if you bring back Aboushi

Slater, Feiler, Linsley, Aboushi or Jaimes, and Rookie RT
            backups: Q'berry, Pipkins, Aboushi or Jaimes and Norton

that might be a start but I think a younger RT drafted by Round 3 is the way to go

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I absolutely agree with you on a vet minimum guy and UDFA. That does nothing! I think they bring in 3 Dlinemen, that’s including edge via free agency plus a high draft pick. I hope it’s along the lines of.

Free Agents
              DT BJ Hill
              DT Tim Settle
              OLB/DE Dorance Armstrong

Draft
              NT Jordan Davis
              OLB/DE Sam Williams

I like some of those names - I would add from the NFL Sebastian DayJoseph, Maliek Collins for depth, maybe Austin Johnson, - purely for veteran depth Akiem Hicks

Phidarian M from Alabama is a draft pick I like so far

Comment

• Parcells
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                Adderley’s progress is what you often see when you draft a guy from Delaware, or Western Missouri Valley, or South Colorado A&M. small school running against slow untalented competition. I think if we give up on him now we’ll be watching a good FS playing somewhere else in another year.
                Adderly just came off his best season and did a nice job staying healthy. Once upon a time I taught test prep for Kaplan. Students naturally prefer to spend time studying the stuff they’re better at. But you have to teach them that there is more room to gain points in the areas they’re weaker at. We should be spending resources in other areas where we are weaker. Adderly is not an overwhelming position of strength, but he’s absolutely a solid player who had a decent season. If anything, he’s a feather in the cap of Brandon Staley and our coaching staff as he is another guy who had his best season under Staley. Plus, add some quality to the D-line and have them put more pressure on opposing QBs and I’m sure he will look even better next year.

I would like to see us lock him up with an extension sooner rather than later because if he has another solid season I bet his price tag goes up.

Comment

• Parcells
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

People keep talking about Akiem Hicks and using the term “veteran depth.” If you brought back everybody and added Akiem Hicks, Hicks is instantly our best interior D-lineman. PFF graded him a 72. Our best interior D-lineman was Jones at a 63.

I really want Hicks, and I think it is a really strong possibility. But when we get him, know that he is going to be one of the starters. I think he’d be a great addition, and I like the fact that he has the connection to Staley (so if we pass perhaps Staley didn’t like him from a locker room fit or a style of play fit).

Now, between injuries and fatigue, I think we need more than just two solid interior D-lineman. I’d like to resign Jones, add Hicks, and then look for somebody in the draft. Then know that Tillery does have value in passing situations and as a piece to spell the starters.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                    People keep talking about Akiem Hicks and using the term “veteran depth.” If you brought back everybody and added Akiem Hicks, Hicks is instantly our best interior D-lineman. PFF graded him a 72. Our best interior D-lineman was Jones at a 63.

I really want Hicks, and I think it is a really strong possibility. But when we get him, know that he is going to be one of the starters. I think he’d be a great addition, and I like the fact that he has the connection to Staley (so if we pass perhaps Staley didn’t like him from a locker room fit or a style of play fit).

Now, between injuries and fatigue, I think we need more than just two solid interior D-lineman. I’d like to resign Jones, add Hicks, and then look for somebody in the draft. Then know that Tillery does have value in passing situations and as a piece to spell the starters.
                    He is also going to be 33 years old in the middle of the season and Father Time beats everybody. With the idea they sign Justin Jones back, I have no problem bringing in Hicks, but they also need to add somebody like, SebDayJoe or BJ HIll as well. Tillery, Gaziano, Fehoko are now your depth behind those three plus probably a draft pick. I can work with that.

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I wouldn’t give Hicks anything longer than a two year deal. The point about age is a very relevant point. But he’s still clearly got something left in the tank. Ndamukong Suh was 34 last year and a meaningful starter for Tampa Bay when they won the Super Bowl. If Chicago has the cap space and was close to being a contender, I think they’d bring him back.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                        I wouldn’t give Hicks anything longer than a two year deal. The point about age is a very relevant point. But he’s still clearly got something left in the tank. Ndamukong Suh was 34 last year and a meaningful starter for Tampa Bay when they won the Super Bowl. If Chicago has the cap space and was close to being a contender, I think they’d bring him back.
                        The data is out there that percentage of snaps by age makes a difference when using history as a guide. Now, Tampa this year might be an exception.

So Hicks - if is your third guy - meaning Jones and DayJoe are your "starts" but he becomes depth, that would be solid. Now of course injuries play a factor. But if you are older - more likely to get injured and Linval really wore down after COVID

Harris, Joseph and Cook were the three oldest players that played significant minutes

But Hicks as a rotational depth player for IDL would be excellent addition

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The data is out there that percentage of snaps by age makes a difference when using history as a guide. Now, Tampa this year might be an exception.

So Hicks - if is your third guy - meaning Jones and DayJoe are your "starts" but he becomes depth, that would be solid. Now of course injuries play a factor. But if you are older - more likely to get injured and Linval really wore down after COVID

Harris, Joseph and Cook were the three oldest players that played significant minutes

But Hicks as a rotational depth player for IDL would be excellent addition
                          Hicks played 9 games as in 2021, missed 8. Anyone know why? Father Time, line 1?

I think signing another value priced aged vet DL will get us more of exactly what we’ve had the last 5 years. TT has tried that for years here - Mebane, Joseph, rinse and repeat. Its time to invest #1 in a perky plump true Beast of the future and stop trying to wring the last drop of milk out of yet another pair of old sagging tits.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X