• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parcells
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    Sean Peyton's retirement could signal a rebuild/firesell in Gnawlins if they can't hire a legitimate coach and attract a QB

Ramczyk for pennys on the dollar?
    He just signed a massive extension which includes major bonus money. They would take a massive cap hit to trade him. They’d want a huge haul because since they’d have eaten his bonus he’d actually be a very cap friendly number.

Comment

• Parcells
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

What did you think of Dennis Allen during his interim game as HC this season? It's hard to get a read on the Saints cause they place a heavy, heavy bet on Jameis Winston. They lost, and while I love what Taysom Hill bring to the position, *94% of time Taysom keeps the ball on the option, cause it's the only time he gets in the game.

*Taysom is a ball-hog. I do not know the analytics, full disclosure. I love the guy, that still does not preclude him from being called out as ball-hog.

Question for Mickey Loomis: How does one rebuild the Saints? Loomis hires Dennis Allen, which inspires no one if I am reading my audience right, or he hires a bright young coach, (Joe Brady?) to take over the program. Loomis + Brady could really have a serious discussion about their QB hires and how they would approach the next QB candidate.

IMO, Loomis fared little better with Teddy Bridgewater prior, now, Mickey has GOT to get the HC position right, then that dynamic gets the QB choice, right.
      My plan would be to get through salary cap hell, tank, and try to get a new franchise QB.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

What did you think of Dennis Allen during his interim game as HC this season? It's hard to get a read on the Saints cause they place a heavy, heavy bet on Jameis Winston. They lost, and while I love what Taysom Hill bring to the position, *94% of time Taysom keeps the ball on the option, cause it's the only time he gets in the game.

*Taysom is a ball-hog. I do not know the analytics, full disclosure. I love the guy, that still does not preclude him from being called out as ball-hog.

Question for Mickey Loomis: How does one rebuild the Saints? Loomis hires Dennis Allen, which inspires no one if I am reading my audience right, or he hires a bright young coach, (Joe Brady?) to take over the program. Loomis + Brady could really have a serious discussion about their QB hires and how they would approach the next QB candidate.

IMO, Loomis fared little better with Teddy Bridgewater prior, now, Mickey has GOT to get the HC position right, then that dynamic gets the QB choice, right.
        Taysom Hill isn't a good NFL QB and they paid him too much to be slash.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

True but the plays are called based on the defense and what the defense is giving them. Usually, the plays have a #1 option and Herbert or the QB will go through their progression from there. So, you are correct in that he throws those outs a lot, he definitely has the arm for it but I would be willing to bet that those are designed plays with that being the #1 option and based on his pre snap read he is going there most of the time.
          Have you watched any of Kurt Warner's QB breakdowns on youtube? He gives examples of how the route order changes depending on defensive alignment, leverage, etc. A couple times he highlights Herbert throwing the out when he should throw further downfield. Great QBs read the defense too, especially vs zone.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

My plan would be to get through salary cap hell, tank, and try to get a new franchise QB.
            If I am the Saints, my plan would be to do as much to get as much dead older cap off the books as possible either this year or next year. The problem is they are so far over the cap they will have to make some moves

But players like Kamara, Lattimore, Ryan R - aren't going anywhere though

I applaud the Saints for trying pretty hard to win when BRees was QB. It didn't work out but they gave it a helluva go (I don't get the Taysom HIll love though - that never made sense)

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Maybe Carson Wentz is ready to take on a qb2 role here and get coached up Lombardi
              we can then sell to the Saints if they intend to run the same offense in 2023.
              Or anyone else
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Sean Peyton's retirement could signal a rebuild/firesell in Gnawlins if they can't hire a legitimate coach and attract a QB

Ramczyk for pennys on the dollar?
                I’m sure they’ll try to keep their core trench guys like Ramczyk and Cam Jordan. Others that are injury prone like MichaelThomas or Armstrad might be for sale.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Maybe Carson Wentz is ready to take on a qb2 role here and get coached up Lombardi
                  we can then sell to the Saints if they intend to run the same offense in 2023.
                  Or anyone else
                  Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Honestly I didn't see Allen's interim game
                    agree that he doesn't inspire much hope, but he can be a nice bridge coach if that's a thing, partly to show that Loomis values internal hiring.
                    I think Sean's retirement is a great opportunity for a full and complete rebuild, so I don't see them attracting a good HC before they get their QB
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I’m sure they’ll try to keep their core trench guys like Ramczyk and Cam Jordan. Others that are injury prone like MichaelThomas or Armstrad might be for sale.
                      Armstead isn't even signed for 2022 - he just has voidable years on his deal left. Maybe they sign him and kick the voidable years down the road

Michael Thomas - he has a big dead cap number if released or traded pre June 1

I almost wish I could with with their cap guy - I mean he had to have a plan a year ago so this isn't news to him. But still - interesting to see what happens and what bargains could be had

I will say this - of all the names, and I am not sure how he fits the Staley scheme, But David Onyemata, IDL would be the first person I might look at to help with their cap via trade

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

It will be not J. Cook.
                        Zach Ertz

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Zach Ertz
                          thats a good name... I think he goes back to AZ - but if he makes to free agency... not the highest need but good name at TE

Comment

Working...
                          X