• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
    I know I’ve been banging the table for BJ Hill. Just not sure if Cincy will let him walk. So my alternative is SJD and either Fatukasi or Tim Settle on top of resigning Justin Jones and Nwosu. Then draft Travon Walker at 17. Then in 2023, sign DT Daron Payne. There, your Dline is completely fortified after 2 years. Your welcome!!!! ;} ;} ;}
    I'd like to sign Hill and SJD this year. Wouldn't mind Hicks either but he is 32. Joseph likely not coming back and I wouldn't resign Covington so I can see 2 DTs.

We need to fix the IDL and get some help at Edge.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      Some of Herbert's preferences for out routes may be the lack of talent inside. Rivers threw a lot more outside after Gates retired. I expect Herbert would throw more inside if we had better slot and TE players running those routes.
      It will be not J. Cook.

Comment

• Parcells
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am not sure if the Chargers sign multiple free agents with the money saved from not signing Mike Williams, they would get a comp pick for Williams. Its a tricky formula
        We should be getting zero comp picks in 2023. We have loads of cap space and should be aggressive in free agency.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I can see bringing in one FA NT not two the second should be a draft pick like the UCLA kid. I can see signing a FA NT and 3/4 DE but not two NT's.
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Some of Herbert's preferences for out routes may be the lack of talent inside. Rivers threw a lot more outside after Gates retired. I expect Herbert would throw more inside if we had better slot and TE players running those routes.
            Maybe Herbert is testing shorter routes, to set-up double moves, in the second half. My flip suggestion says he is. The kid's 2021 4th Quarter production is unmatched.

That statistic will always be shattering to me.

2021 4th Quarter POINTS.jpeg
            2021 Justin Herbert.png

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Sean Peyton's retirement could signal a rebuild/firesell in Gnawlins if they can't hire a legitimate coach and attract a QB

Ramczyk for pennys on the dollar?
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

On film Herbert shows a clear preference for out routes and will target them before others. Williams ran plenty of post/over/hinge type routes, Herbert didn't look there.

Williams rarely lines up in the slot. When we were in a tight formation he would run corner routes at most. Very few out routes of any depth.

Lombardi does not decide where to throw the ball. There were few calls that ONLY had out or dig type routes.

Herbert's growth will be targeting these other in breaking routes more, especially vs cover 2. His preference for out routes was part of the reason cover 2 gave him struggles.

Now, a lack of speed between Allen and Williams meant that they often took longer to get to those intermediate breaks. That has to be addressed at WR or RT.
                True but the plays are called based on the defense and what the defense is giving them. Usually, the plays have a #1 option and Herbert or the QB will go through their progression from there. So, you are correct in that he throws those outs a lot, he definitely has the arm for it but I would be willing to bet that those are designed plays with that being the #1 option and based on his pre snap read he is going there most of the time.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Maybe Herbert is testing shorter routes, to set-up double moves, in the second half. My flip suggestion says he is. The kid's 2021 4th Quarter production is unmatched.

That statistic will always be shattering to me.

2021 4th Quarter POINTS.jpeg
                  2021 Justin Herbert.png
                  That's why I'm a Chargers fan since the 80's.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                    I can see bringing in one FA NT not two the second should be a draft pick like the UCLA kid. I can see signing a FA NT and 3/4 DE but not two NT's.
                    Jonny, you would love John Ridgeway as NT.

Think Igor Olshansky sized. He's not a quick-twitch 0 technique by any means, but put him in a DT rotation
                    to maul the opposing Center like a grizzly bear for 15 snaps a game, is winning football. Next to Phidarian Mathis,
                    one of my fave DTs.

His stack and shed technique rattles skulls, if a man his size develops a hand punch and rip move, well, I would buy a ticket to see that.

technique.png

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      Sean Peyton's retirement could signal a rebuild/firesell in Gnawlins if they can't hire a legitimate coach and attract a QB

Word is Dennis Allen is the front runner to be the HC there but we'll see.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

What did you think of Dennis Allen during his interim game as HC this season? It's hard to get a read on the Saints cause they place a heavy, heavy bet on Jameis Winston. They lost, and while I love what Taysom Hill bring to the position, *94% of time Taysom keeps the ball on the option, cause it's the only time he gets in the game.

*Taysom is a ball-hog. I do not know the analytics, full disclosure. I love the guy, that still does not preclude him from being called out as ball-hog.

Question for Mickey Loomis: How does one rebuild the Saints? Loomis hires Dennis Allen, which inspires no one if I am reading my audience right, or he hires a bright young coach, (Joe Brady?) to take over the program. Loomis + Brady could really have a serious discussion about their QB hires and how they would approach the next QB candidate.

IMO, Loomis fared little better with Teddy Bridgewater prior, now, Mickey has GOT to get the HC position right, then that dynamic gets the QB choice, right.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Word is Dennis Allen is the front runner to be the HC there but we'll see.
                          Thanks, Jolt. Honestly, I watched that Saints game and they kept flashing to Dennis Allen. Full disclosure, I watch current games with the sound off, and they showed Dennis, again and I said 'Why do they keep showing this creep' to no one and then looked it up on Twitter that Sean P. was in virus protocol.

The point of this long uninteresting story is, Dennis Allen can do this job. But I doubt that proposition excites anyone.

Comment

Working...
                          X