• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree. He is heading south, turning 36 and has to learn a new defense on surely a 1 year deal. I'd pass.
    Chandler Jones
    Calais Campbell
    Akiem Hicks

All three of them - -more post draft signees for me than Day 1 of free agency. At best a week or so into free agency for VERY cheap

My one message for Telesco again - sign players who they will be for the next three years and not who they WERE for the last 5-6 years.

Von Miller was good for the Rams as he had about a month after the trade deadline to kind of get ready for the last few weeks of the season and playoffs. Thats a good trade deadline move - but for the regular season, need a player that can last the season at a stable level.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Agree. He is heading south, turning 36 and has to learn a new defense on surely a 1 year deal. I'd pass.
      You'll get better performance out of this guy:
      ..........................sacks..
      2021 51 27 4.5 0 0 0
      2020 30 11 3.0 0 0 0
      2019 17 8 2.0 0 0 0

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

I don't care if they are here 1 or 3 years. I'll take just 1 SB win. It's been a long damn time.
        The risk of 1 yr FAs is they already got paid what they are going to get. Maybe they work hard as a prove-it year to get the next 1-2 yr deal? Or maybe if they are 36 and the season starts to grind hard, they say fuck it and coast down to the finish to sail away. We’ve seen both … Gaithers anyone?

a 3 yr FA deal with ability to cut after Yr1 has tangible dollars on the table for Yr 2 and 3 he’s playing to secure. Ok - maybe this theory is all shit and means nothing. I dunno
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

You'll get better performance out of this guy:
          ..........................sacks..
          2021 51 27 4.5 0 0 0
          2020 30 11 3.0 0 0 0
          2019 17 8 2.0 0 0 0
          But can he stop the run...? LOL!

Hey, I'm with most people... sign the younger, ascending player.
          Tillery has 1 more year to show he's not a bust. If he can't do that... it's back to the draft...ing board.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

But can he stop the run...? LOL!

Hey, I'm with most people... sign the younger, ascending player.
            Tillery has 1 more year to show he's not a bust. If he can't do that... it's back to the draft...ing board.
            My guess is that Tillery has about reached his apex as a player....he'll be 26 years old come October.
            He's been playing the position for 7 years since being converted away from offensive tackle.
            He's a bit light, but Arik Armstead and Deforrest Buckner are taller and lighter.

He comes across still as an unpolished product:
            the standard techniques he is being taught don't feel right - don't match the capabilities of his body.
            He went to Notre Dame and scored 31 on the wonderlic test; he's an intelligent guy.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

I don't care if they are here 1 or 3 years. I'll take just 1 SB win. It's been a long damn time.
              Sure, but strategically I hope we aim for guys that we plan to have here for this specific window and not just 2022 because that's another hole to fill and new chemistry to build.
              no more Jared Cooks
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

For the "Mike Williams is inconsistent" crowd...

Only eight receivers in the NFL had 7+ games with at least 80+ receiving yards in 2021: Cooper Kupp, Justin Jefferson, Davante Adams, Deebo Samuel, Diontae Johnson, CeeDee Lamb, Tyler Lockett, MIKE WILLIAMS.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

My guess is that Tillery has about reached his apex as a player....he'll be 26 years old come October.
                  He's been playing the position for 7 years since being converted away from offensive tackle.
                  He's a bit light, but Arik Armstead and Deforrest Buckner are taller and lighter.

He comes across still as an unpolished product:
                  the standard techniques he is being taught don't feel right - don't match the capabilities of his body.
                  He went to Notre Dame and scored 31 on the wonderlic test; he's an intelligent guy.
                  Yet has a problems with basic technique, repeated repeated problems. No explanation.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

I'd let Tillery walk before I let MWill walk.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                      I'd let Tillery walk before I let MWill walk.
                      Franchise tag will give you the opportunity to make that choice next year. This year it's moot.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        For the "Mike Williams is inconsistent" crowd...

Only eight receivers in the NFL had 7+ games with at least 80+ receiving yards in 2021: Cooper Kupp, Justin Jefferson, Davante Adams, Deebo Samuel, Diontae Johnson, CeeDee Lamb, Tyler Lockett, MIKE WILLIAMS.
                        I am good with bringing MW81 back - just really would prefer he is signed to a long term deal at some point before the season to allow greater cap flexibility over the franchise tag.

Comment

• AK47
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

His body/core is softer. If he commits to core strengthening it would really do him wonders against the run....otherwise is he better than Norton at RT? LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X