• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I just think the torch got passed last season from KA to MWs. You keep MW because he’s the younger guy, more of a deep, and redzone threat. Ideally you keep both but if you can only have one of the two due to $? Then yeah, under those circumstances, I think that raider game showed that MW is the guy that herbert looks to now.

trading KA after june first clears up like 12mil in cap space with a 3mil dead cap hit. He doesn’t have to be traded just for draft capital, trade him for a player that fills a need like IDL or RT and future picks.
    To which AFC playoff team do you trade him? New York jets certainly wouldn't entertain that trade.

And if not to an AFC contender, why trade him?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Lol, 24.6 mil in dead cap is an out?

​​​​​​AInt happening. Maybe in 2023. And then when he balls out you won't want to let him go.

​​​​​
      You are right, I was wrong. His salary is guaranteed so its his salary PLUS his signing bonus. So yes his cap him would be HUGE. Only way to lessen it is if a team trades for him

I wrote it earlier in this thread - Mike Williams can be signed to the 70/4 type contract (maybe it gets to 75 - but a lot of that is just fluff) - say his cap hit is 12m; Keenan has the big cap hit this year. Combined they would have something like a $30m cap hit this year

But 2023 - Mike Williams cap hit can go up and the Chargers can maybe ask KA to restructure (take a pay cut) or something and the two players next year, would still have a $30m cap hit. Than in 2024, Mike goes up even more but KA is probably released by than.

The Chargers can work the numbers with

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

To which AFC playoff team do you trade him? New York jets certainly wouldn't entertain that trade.

And if not to an AFC contender, why trade him?
        I would trade him to an NFC team, there are a few NFC teams that either need a WR or will need one soon, teams like the bears, panthers, falcons, lions, eagles, commanders,…etc and maybe even the packers depending on what happens with adams. They wouldn’t need to trade him to the AFC…

best case scenario is if the team was willing to pay both MW and KA and keep both, but at this point if I have to choose between them I keep MWs, getting a compensatory pick in 2023 for MWs would be worst case scenario IMO
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fleet 1
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Kauai
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          Sometimes a one year rental can pay dividends, ask the Rams.
          And yet you dont want Miller.

I personally think he has plenty left in the tank. 2/3 years for sure. Same with Hicks. Im guessing its the money you dont want to throw at these 2? 32 isnt that old for guys with amazing technique and production still.

Really like the look of these trenches. Maybe Jones goes 0T

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 10.40.57 AM.png

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

And yet you dont want Miller.

I personally think he has plenty left in the tank. 2/3 years for sure. Same with Hicks. Im guessing its the money you dont want to throw at these 2? 32 isnt that old for guys with amazing technique and production still.

Really like the look of these trenches. Maybe Jones goes 0T

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 10.40.57 AM.png
            Ya know, Miller might be an outlier. We throw silly money at him, I won’t cry cuz it’s the right spot to throw silly money at. Maybe he wants a ring for every finger? Also Donald wanting him back is also strong argument.

I cave to the Donald/Fleet persuasion.

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Ya know, Miller might be an outlier. We throw silly money at him, I won’t cry cuz it’s the right spot to throw silly money at. Maybe he wants a ring for every finger? Also Donald wanting him back is also strong argument.

This is just me going for it next year. Throwing crazy money at the defense on guys we dont have to worry about. The Campbell signing really removes the Murray headache. And this allows Murray to just thump run lanes. We can milk his body and use him to beat up RBs. It also sets us up for a 2/3 year window. You bring in a haul like that for the defense we are finally sending our fans the message we are pushing now. Its LA create some excitement. We also get 2 key young studs at cog positions. If i can get a future 20M a year player at 17....im doing it. CB there might be an option. They are likely looking at premium positions there.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

My thing with the age of players is maybe its Von Miller OR Akiem Hicks but not both. The Chargers should not copy the Arizona Cardinals all win model from last year with the players they signed. Almost every player they signed was over 30 years old. And if this were 2015-2017 - would have been hella good signings. So I just want Telesco to be strategic if he is signing the older players. Two years ago he signed Joseph, Bulaga and Harris - I don't think he should try to recreate that.

The Chargers have more cap space than two years ago so Telesco can be a bit choosier in who he signs from other teams -plus his decisions with Nwosu, MW, Kyzir and Justin Jones

So I have six players Telesco has the cap space to sign...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

You are right, I was wrong. His salary is guaranteed so its his salary PLUS his signing bonus. So yes his cap him would be HUGE. Only way to lessen it is if a team trades for him

I wrote it earlier in this thread - Mike Williams can be signed to the 70/4 type contract (maybe it gets to 75 - but a lot of that is just fluff) - say his cap hit is 12m; Keenan has the big cap hit this year. Combined they would have something like a $30m cap hit this year

But 2023 - Mike Williams cap hit can go up and the Chargers can maybe ask KA to restructure (take a pay cut) or something and the two players next year, would still have a $30m cap hit. Than in 2024, Mike goes up even more but KA is probably released by than.

The Chargers can work the numbers with
                  Not a worry. The cap will keep going up too. Not really worried about Keenan for 2-3 years.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Herbert is manageable financially for the next 2/3 year window. I think we actually see some bigger deal players coming in. Kind of excited. We have new bigger name starters. Pretty shortly here.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

MW can't sniff/hold KA's jock.

MW is not a No. 1 WR.

if JH needs a first down eye know who his first option is.

and KA's "off" year was still better than MW's "on" year.

and if KA was off @all, bet it was due to an undisclosed injury rather than age.

who's the bigger injury risk going forward ??

that's too many eggs/$$$$ in the WR room for my money.
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

OFFENSE
                        QB: Herbert. Daniel*
                        RB: Ekeler. Rachaad White*.
                        HB: SAnderson*. Nabors.
                        TE: McKitty. Lucas Krull*.
                        WR#1: MWilliams*. Palmer.
                        WR#2: KAllen. Parham**.
                        WR#3: Guyton. Danny Gray*.
                        OLT: Slater. Joe Noteboom**.
                        OLG: Feiler. Jaimes.
                        C: Linsley. Quessenberry*
                        ORG: Aboushi*. Schofield*

DEFENSE
                        EDGE: Nwosu*. Rumph.
                        DT: Tillery. Gaziano*.
                        1T: Joseph*. Neil Farrell*
                        3T: JJones*. Vernon Butler**
                        EDGE: Bosa. Josh Paschal*
                        LB: KWhite*. Niemann.
                        LB: Murray. Tranquill.
                        CB: MDavis. Campbell.
                        CB: Samuel. Ryan Smith*
                        SLOT: Jalen Pitre*. Anthony Averett**
                        S: Adderley. Webb.
                        S: DJames. Gilman.

ST
                        K: Hopkins*.
                        P: Jake Camarda*.
                        LS: Overton*.
                        Gunner: Ryan Smith*. Percy Butler*.
                        Coverage: Rumph. Nabors. Jeremiah Moon*. JKelley.
                        KR/PR: Bo Melton*.
                        4th DOWN: JKelley.

55 Total.

*Draft.
                        *In House UFA.
                        ** ERFA.
                        ** UFA.

Analysis to follow.

:woot:
                        Last edited by wu-dai clan; 02-19-2022, 08:19 PM. Reason: Error in players name.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Going right down the line in my Roster Build...

Daniel has value as coach-player.
                          Rachaad White is a receiving, Outside Zone RB to spell Ekeler.
                          SAnderson is a handyman FB, HB, TE, ST.
                          Lucas Krull is a former pitcher, athletic, competitive, leader, RZ target at TE.
                          Parham gets tendered.
                          Danny Gray is a speed receiver behind Guyton.
                          Joe Noteboom (Rams) gives us bargain, young, experienced depth at Oline.
                          Quessenberry is our backup Center.
                          Aboushi and Schofield gives us vets for the right side.
                          Nwosu should be retained and at a reasonable price.
                          Gaziano provides grit and anchor behind Tillery.
                          Joseph is our vital run stuffer with reduced snaps and a cheap contract.
                          Neil Farrell is a penetrating 1Tech (see above.)
                          JJones is our starting 3Tech, via simple honest analysis.
                          Vernon Butler (Bills) is a 1.5 gapper 3Tech.
                          Josh Paschal has inside-outside flexibility to give us variety looks re run/pass defense.
                          KWhite is our sideline to sideline LB deluxe.
                          Ryan Smith provides CB depth and ST excellence.
                          Jalen Pitre projects to Slot CB/STAR and will read n tackle well.
                          Anthony Averett (Ravens) is a speedy, experienced, cheap CB.
                          Hopkins has been a needed, steady PK.
                          Jake Camarda is a strong-legged, consistent punter, used to pressure at Georgia.
                          Overton is a professional Long Snapper.
                          Percy Butler is a developmental Combo S who happens to be a Matthew Slater-Kassim Osgood level ST player !
                          Jeremiah Moon is a tall, skinny, raw LB to play ST and push K9, Rumph.
                          Bo Melton is very fast and can do returns and provide a deep threat.
                          JKelley is under contract, and provides value at ST and North-South RB.

This all leaves money for a Derwin extension
                          and a surprise, unpredictable splash signing.

TY...wu.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X