• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
    I still think the team will never sour on Storm and Pip. Would it surprise anyone if they have either pegged at RT? And end up going with another threat to score? WR maybe?

Im also starting to feel the potential for a LB. Like Dean or Lloyd.

Just a gut sort of thing now based on all our moves. I still think we are interested in Wagner. Just because you cant make all these moves and go through the same LB issues as last year. Wagner would be the glue for this new puzzle. He just doesnt fuck up. He is as consistent as it gets. All this stuff we are doing...id hate to get into the season and see the same Murray and MLB struggles.

I understand good run defending DTs will help...but the LB group last year killed me personally. Mistake after mistake. The top 2 guys in this draft are 3 down pass defending LBs. I love those types in this defense.

Dean in this defense would be fun.
    Wagner and Dean would really solidify this new D. And yeah, I can totally see Norton and Pip in it for the long haul here. Unless a mid to low round pick surprises. And I wonder if coaches don’t feel the same way about Murray, I mean if the DL kept lining up wrong, that would mess with his sets/play as well. Everyone always says he needs a clear path, maybe this new DL build gives him that?

Comment

• UtahBolt
      Did we win?
      • Jun 2013
      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
      • Send PM

I still think the team will never sour on Storm and Pip. Would it surprise anyone if they have either pegged at RT? And end up going with another threat to score? WR maybe?

Just a gut sort of thing now based on all our moves. I still think we are interested in Wagner. Just because you cant make all these moves and go through the same LB issues as last year. Wagner would be the glue for this new puzzle. He just doesnt fuck up. He is as consistent as it gets. All this stuff we are doing...id hate to get into the season and see the same Murray and MLB struggles.

I understand good run defending DTs will help...but the LB group last year killed me personally. Mistake after mistake. The top 2 guys in this draft are 3 down pass defending LBs. I love those types in this defense.

You said Devin Lloyd...so let it be!!!
      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• PORTERPARTY1
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

w/11 picks, am most certain one of them will go to RB, and think that Cordarelle Patterson is still a likely FA target.... we can't leave Austin back there on his own, as no one else has shown they can carry the load if need be.... Austin is mighty, but you can almost see him grimace when he knows he has to lower his head and go between the tackles.... that is asking too much of him.

personally would prefer Donald Jones, and had hopes for D'Ernest Johnson, but as Popper points out, the connection is to Patterson, and he fits well.

also think a vet TE is a good idea, as don't think we've adequately filled the hole post Henry, and.... ditto for RB post MG3.
        WHAT ABOUT RASHARD PENNY, LITTLE WEAR AND TEAR, SIMILAR TO ECKLER. GOOD FIT IF NOT TOO COSTLY.
        Last edited by PORTERPARTY1; 03-15-2022, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by PORTERPARTY1 View Post

WHAT ABOUT RASHARD PETTY, LITTLE WEAR AND TEAR, SIMILAR TO ECKLER. GOOD FIT IF NOT TOO COSTLY.
          Penny?

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Penny?
            Must be it. I would be fine with Penny. I heard something about him being very productive over the last half of the year. Like in the top five or so. Something like that.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

It would absolutely stun me if they so much as entertain the possibility of Storm anchoring the RT position on a Super Bowl team.

What are they going to do there? Storm probably isn't in the top 50 of NFL RTs, and they didn't want to start Pipkens over him in a crucial game.
              Forget Jaimes.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

If you like Penning, do you still like him next year switching to the right side?
                I wouldn't.

Not getting a RT and going with Storm Norton: well, that is just one of your weirdest nightmares where just accept the most bizarre logic.

I'm reconsidering Kenyon Green as a target at #17. If they have a decent offer to trade back, that would be best.

Storm & Pip are not options at RT in any sane world.:killme:

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

It would absolutely stun me if they so much as entertain the possibility of Storm anchoring the RT position on a Super Bowl team.

What are they going to do there? Storm probably isn't in the top 50 of NFL RTs, and they didn't want to start Pipkens over him in a crucial game.
                  Forget Jaimes.
                  Yeah we’re going to address OL before using a pick on LB in my opinion.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Yeah we’re going to address OL before using a pick on LB in my opinion.
                    If not the first, they'll trade a 3rd and a 2nd next year to get one in the 2nd.

Penning/Raimann are raw LTs in division II programs. Moving them to RT will be an adventure next year.

The only positive about drafting Penning is that we get to use it to bludgeon Chaincrusher when Penning struggles mightily as a rookie.
                    Almost worth it.

Maybe they reach for Lucas?

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

If not the first, they'll trade a 3rd and a 2nd next year to get one in the 2nd.

Penning/Raimann are raw LTs in division II programs. Moving them to RT will be an adventure next year.

The only positive about drafting Penning is that we get to use it to bludgeon Chaincrusher when Penning struggles mightily as a rookie.
                      Almost worth it.

Maybe they reach for Lucas?
                      Penning struggling is better than Storm at his best.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Forget Jaimes.
                        I know man. It blows my mind also. lol I cant figure it out. We are in a BPA sort of spot now though. A guy like Cross falling to us would be nice.

Comment

• pigskin
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Southern Oregon
                          • Send PM

What about trading a 5th for Collins (Dal). They are shopping him and he is due a bonus ( per sportrac: $6,483,250 of 2022 salary fully guarantees on 3/20/2022) He is signed for the next 3 years at around $10 mil a season.
                          Last edited by pigskin; 03-15-2022, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X