• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Zac Taylor, the Bengals coach, opted for FGs too instead of going for it, and in the end they had a 1 TD lead, forcing the Raiders to have to score a TD to tie, instead of being able to kick a FG to tie or win the game. Those three pointers add up and make a difference at the end of the game. Real football people understand this. Hopefully Staley will get it next season.
    Except Taylor did go for it multiple times during the game. The FG at the end with 4 and 1 made sense because it made it a two score game again. However, you can also make the argument that the Bengals played too conservatively on their last drive by going for the punt instead of trying to convert a first down to eat more clock. They could have easily given up the TD. Both teams played not to lose yesterday. It’s another reason I don’t see the Bengals making it far.

I also hope that real football people and fans like yourself understand the behavioral science behind everything. Each drive and decision is it’s separate situation. Staley going for a FG instead of a TD affects what the opponent does on the next drive which leads to different results. So you can’t really say that if Staley had gone for a FG instead of a TD, that we would have won instead.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Jerome Boger's entire crew sucked.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Yup take the points… even Belicheat kicked FG and punted when he was deep in his own territory. Staley will learn.
        And that’s one reason the Patriots got blown out last night. This is one of Belichick’s few flaws as HC. He punted on 4th and 1 when they were down 14-0, and kept punting afterwards on 4th down even though they were getting massacred. He might as well had waved a white flag. I know that it would have been closer game if we were facing the Bills instead.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Except Taylor did go for it multiple times during the game. The FG at the end with 4 and 1 made sense because it made it a two score game again. However, you can also make the argument that the Bengals played too conservatively on their last drive by going for the punt instead of trying to convert a first down to eat more clock.

I also hope that real football people and fans like yourself understand the behavioral science behind everything. Each drive and decision is it’s separate situation. Staley going for a FG instead of a TD affects what the opponent does on the next drive which leads to different results. So you can’t really say that if Staley had gone for a FG instead of a TD, that we would have won instead.
          With a semi competent defense these points become moot! The first half of the game will be putting points on the board no matter what. Continuously getting points on the board puts pressure on the opposition to try and keep up. Our Defense just plain sucked as a unit and the combined change of plan plus losing some veterans did hurt us which over the course of the season made Staley take dumb risks. According to our great defensive philosopher Bosa "Clearly there's a problem!"

:shifty:
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

And that’s one reason the Patriots got blown out last night. This is one of Belichick’s few flaws as HC. He punted on 4th and 1 when they were down 14-0, and kept punting afterwards on 4th down even though they were getting massacred. He might as well had waved a white flag. I know that it would have been closer game if we were facing the Bills instead.
            Patriots can usually handled cold weather but man they looked FROZEN out there. LOL!
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

With a semi competent defense these points become moot! The first half of the game will be putting points on the board no matter what. Continuously getting points on the board puts pressure on the opposition to try and keep up. Our Defense just plain sucked as a unit and the combined change of plan plus losing some veterans did hurt us which over the course of the season made Staley take dumb risks. According to our great defensive philosopher Bosa "Clearly there's a problem!"

:shifty:
              Even if our defense was much better, I don’t think he’ll stop trusting the numbers on 4th down. We apparently lost the game against the Vikings because he went away from it.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Jerome Boger's entire crew sucked.
                It was a mixed crew, but Boger himself is awful. I think he was the Super Bowl referee once, and I still wonder how that happened.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                  The Precious
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think that is where it starts: RT, IDL, CB and maybe Edge

As for the game last night - Bills had 7 possession in a row with a touchdown. That was a beat down
                  We need a savage in the middle IMO and I want a angry, athletic mean mofo. Don’t know if he’s out there but the middle of our defense has been super soft for a long fucking time. Third and twenty three converted by the Raiders pretty much sums it up.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

It sure was fun watching the Bills just beat the shit out of Belicheat. I havent seen that emphatic a beat down since the Pats dick stomped Gus’s defensive scheme up and down the field for 35 pts before he even made an adjustment.

(A simple reminder for all the guys who suddenly lost their memory and pine for the good ol Gus days …)
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

You can't win playoff games with a rookie Mac Jones.
                      That is why Belichick was not going to win anything in these playoffs

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

We need a savage in the middle IMO and I want a angry, athletic mean mofo. Don’t know if he’s out there but the middle of our defense has been super soft for a long fucking time. Third and twenty three converted by the Raiders pretty much sums it up.
                        The problem is that these meat eating, knuckle dragging, inside linebackers rarely can cover anyone.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                          It sure was fun watching the Bills just beat the shit out of Belicheat. I havent seen that emphatic a beat down since the Pats dick stomped Gus’s defensive scheme up and down the field for 35 pts before he even made an adjustment.

(A simple reminder for all the guys who suddenly lost their memory and pine for the good ol Gus days …)
                          It was sweet. Can’t remember the last time a BB defense got so completely murdered. There was nothing that Buffalo couldn’t do. Anything they wanted.

Comment

Working...
                          X