• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    My youngest daughter got married this weekend. Time is just flying by. Seems like just yesterday she was a toddler running around and now she is all grown up. I guess I am OAF, as my kids like to say!
    Congratulations!

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      My youngest daughter got married this weekend. Time is just flying by. Seems like just yesterday she was a toddler running around and now she is all grown up. I guess I am OAF, as my kids like to say!
      Congratulations. Hope it's a long, happy and prosperous union.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Were you invited to Krafty's wedding ?
        Anyone ?
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Jerruh and Krafty went at it during today's Owners Meeting.

I think I like this.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

I have a friend who posts on his FB page things from way back in the day (1950s-'80s) that have a new meaning today. Back then a sack was something you carried your groceries in. It didn't have the urban slang connotation it has today. But when you see ads like this from the way-back machine (that's Frank Gifford by the way), it elicits a few chuckles. You can still buy Dry Sack sherry today.

312370424_688241306052938_2108122148394976421_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=gs7-PM-VauUAX8Wawwo&tn=DWCgRRNW8wTl2WgS&_nc_ht=scontent.fsac1-2.fna&oh=00_AT-Xvvv6xL9KI_py9OqH7Pbx8jo-8JYVlEGfLvY8t_KKqw&oe=63582EEB

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
              Let's do this!
              • Aug 2022
              • Raleigh N. Carolina
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              I have a friend who posts on his FB page things from way back in the day (1950s-'80s) that have a new meaning today. Back then a sack was something you carried your groceries in. It didn't have the urban slang connotation it has today. But when you see ads like this from the way-back machine (that's Frank Gifford by the way), it elicits a few chuckles. You can still buy Dry Sack sherry today.

312370424_688241306052938_2108122148394976421_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=gs7-PM-VauUAX8Wawwo&tn=DWCgRRNW8wTl2WgS&_nc_ht=scontent.fsac1-2.fna&oh=00_AT-Xvvv6xL9KI_py9OqH7Pbx8jo-8JYVlEGfLvY8t_KKqw&oe=63582EEB
              Dry Sack was my grandmother's drink of choice, I don't think I ever saw her touch any other alcoholic beverage

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

Dry Sack was my grandmother's drink of choice, I don't think I ever saw her touch any other alcoholic beverage
                I've never been a sherry drinker but maybe I should try it.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

I had an interesting 48 hours. On Wednesday I was riding on the bike trail near Sacramento State. I was pedaling hard and got my heart rate up, higher than usual. Then I couldn't catch my breath and I had stop for a minute to bring my heart rate down. I started riding again and was fine, but slowly a pain in my chest started building. I rode to a park and got off my bike and lay down in the grass. The pain kept building and building. It got very intense and would not go away. So I called an ambulance and they took me to the IR.

It wasn't a heart attack, thank God, just severe angina pain. They were going to admit to the hospital to run some test the next day, but it just so happened I already had those tests scheduled with my cardiologist the next day as a part of my routine - an echocardiogram and stress echocardiogram. So they released me from ER and on Thurs afternoon when when I saw my cardiologist he had read my ER report from the previous day and he was prepared. He had stented by right coronary artery last year and at the time noted that my circumflex artery might need to be stented soon. So he had already reserved space for me at the catheter lab at the hospital next door. We did the echocardiograms in his office to confirm that that artery was the culprit.

So I left his office and walked over to the hospital and checked in. He performed an angioplasty that evening. An angioplasty is when they run a catheter with a camera through your arteries - in my case through my right wrist - into your heart and insert a stent to open an artery that has been narrowed by plaque build-up. I had to spend one night in the hospital - where you don't get any sleep because they monitor you all night - and was able to come home yesterday afternoon. I slept for 12 hours - assisted by a couple of glasses of an excellent sauvignon blanc from Chile - and woke up this morning feeling refreshed and ready for the day.

I walked three miles this morning to see how things felt and it was great. I feel very strong. It's amazing what modern medical technology can do. Angioplasty is a minimally invasive procedure that can correct problems in the interior of your heart. I'm going to walk again tomorrow and if that feels good, I'm going to get back on my bike on Monday.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Good you caught that Velo. During my angioplasty 3 yrs ago the cardiologist opened a 100% blockage on my left anterior decending artery ("widowmaker"), but they didn't stent a 50% blockage in the 1st diagonal, so I do have a concern for that. Because of that, I do have to be on the full dose of atorvastatin to stabilize the plaque. I'm pretty lucky, even with heart damage, my heart is mechanically sound and I have a normal ejection fraction, and I've not had chest pain, even when I do a spin class, but as I noted in my thread in the health forum, I might some irritation that might cause some electrical issues that may cause V-tach. My beta blocker makes it very hard to get above 140 bps, just have no real desire to test that, lol.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I am not from the grammar police, however I would like to be more correct than not in my posts. I notice these 'errors' often.

Like it or not, words, spelling, and punctuation can leave a lasting impression on others. But even the most educated people often unknowingly make these common flubs.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Spent the day in the ER yesterday. I have a whole new respect for those of you who deal with back pain. Passing kidney stones and trying to sleep on my back sucks hard. lol

I might actually fill the prescription just to sleep. Little buggers hurt dude. Wow.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kauai
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          I am not from the grammar police, however I would like to be more correct than not in my posts. I notice these 'errors' often.

Like it or not, words, spelling, and punctuation can leave a lasting impression on others. But even the most educated people often unknowingly make these common flubs.
                          On my other forum Politics rules the day. Really has taken over sports in the last 6 years. I loathe it. But i have had to type out the word "Politics" probably 100K times during that time span. Just to discuss with with the staff of let members know its killing the community at the forum. And it has.

I dont think i have spelled that word correctly the first time once. lol

Typos....spelling...im worse now than i even have been. I am simply so Forum posting/modding taxed i just dont care anymore. lol

Comment

Working...
                          X