• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Charger twitter community is off right now. Man the vibe is really affecting me. Had a fan apparently take her life last night saying she was bullied by other fans. 3 days into 2023 and everyone is so on edge. The Hamlin stuff has so many fighting with each other also. Even Fehoko going off. Everyone is pissed. Just affects my energy.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
      Charger twitter community is off right now. Man the vibe is really affecting me. Had a fan apparently take her life last night saying she was bullied by other fans. 3 days into 2023 and everyone is so on edge. The Hamlin stuff has so many fighting with each other also. Even Fehoko going off. Everyone is pissed. Just affects my energy.
      Stunning.

We are having what could be an epic Charger season.

People are popping up. Is it jealousy ? Are people still strongly affected by the move ?

Let's do this season with class.
      Let's be smart.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
        Dea Spanos my HERO
        • Dec 2022
        • Send PM

Sativa not indica

Comment

• Fleet 1
          Fleet 1 commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL
      • Fleet 1
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Kauai
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Stunning.

We are having what could be an epic Charger season.

People are popping up. Is it jealousy ? Are people still strongly affected by the move ?

Let's do this season with class.
        Let's be smart.
        I dont know man i tend to think social media and those who live there slowly transform into zombies. Hate zombies. Im starting to think i should just detach from there. I post on twitter just to get the name of our forum out there. I dont put a lot of effort into takes...but its a toxic scene. Charger fans have been attacking charger fans for a while now.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

I dont know man i tend to think social media and those who live there slowly transform into zombies. Hate zombies. Im starting to think i should just detach from there. I post on twitter just to get the name of our forum out there. I dont put a lot of effort into takes...but its a toxic scene. Charger fans have been attacking charger fans for a while now.
          Sadly, I agree Fleet.
          I always have filters in place.
          And am still fully capable of stepping in doo doo.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
            Dea Spanos my HERO
            • Dec 2022
            • Send PM

Yup. I call it "brain washing" which has fractured families. I don't use Facebook, TicToc, My Space
            Twitter because they are all cesspools that just drag a brother down and make it hard to maintain an erection for life.

Hate watching is a Bolttalk pastime now and that place does not even look the same.

If you disagree with a YouTube Bolt channel host who has an axe to grind, they turn into little bitches (not all). This is a small fan base which is badly fractured and still healing. There are a lot of hurt feeling and I get it. Bolt fans are lashing out calling present Bolt fans traitors, fake fans, Spanos nut huggers etc etc etc.

But you know what ?

Fuck it

It's the playoffs

BTFU baby

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Send PM

Bullying is for pussies.

Comment

• johnnywyoming
                Eeyore is Joey's #1 fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Oregon
                • Retirement
                • Send PM

Yep, I don't do social media except for here (and post very seldom at that), Flickr, and the AVS forum. The internet has brought us the ability to cloak ourselves in a shroud of anonymity where personal attacks have no real retribution... The freedom to express oneself negatively without meaningful consequences encroached into real life a long time ago and it still seems to be exploding exponentially. For myself, I no longer dwell on the news nor pay attention to anyone labeled as an influencer, etc. I guess to remain sane I just say no...
                Thank God for morons. Without them who would the rest of us have to blame things on?

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

Bullying is for pussies.
                  You dont need to remind me. I am very familiar with it. Having gone through it as a kid...but having a Gay brother beaten for being gay in the 80s was my coming out party against Bullies. I did some damage to those scumbags. And by coming out....i mean my rage. lol Im straight. But very close with my brother who died in 93. I now live in his home here in Kauai.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by johnnywyoming View Post
                    Yep, I don't do social media except for here (and post very seldom at that), Flickr, and the AVS forum. The internet has brought us the ability to cloak ourselves in a shroud of anonymity where personal attacks have no real retribution... The freedom to express oneself negatively without meaningful consequences encroached into real life a long time ago and it still seems to be exploding exponentially. For myself, I no longer dwell on the news nor pay attention to anyone labeled as an influencer, etc. I guess to remain sane I just say no...
                    You are so correct about what you say regarding social media allowing modern humans to attack others while remaining anonymous. It is detrimental to society and civilization - living in a civilized world.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

For the past 3-4 weeks I've been dealing with setbacks in my heart health journey. I'm 65 and still active. I like to cycle and participate in outdoor recreation and sports, softball especially. I've had to have angioplasties in the fall 2021 and 2022. That is where the cardiologists goes into your heart with a catheter and place stents in your coronary arteries to open them up.

The most recent angioplasty, in late October, developed some complications, apparently, and around Christmas I started having some severe chest pain. I was in Montana snow-shoeing when it first happened. It was so frustrating because I've undergone three angioplasties total since I was 59 and I was hoping after this last one in October I would be done and not plagued coronary artery disease any longer.

I saw my cardiologist this week and he was encouraged that they should be able to fix the complication with the latest stent, which apparently has narrowed and is restricting blood flow inside my heart. I have to undergo some tests then he will schedule another angioplasty to go in and fix the problem, hopefully some time this spring.

I am grateful and thankful for many things...

To have a cardiologist who is at the top of his game and who genuinely cares about me as a patient and understands my desire to continue living and active and full live.

To live in a age where advanced medical technology makes heart catheterization possible, the ability to reach inside the interior of the human heart and place stents in coronary arteries with minimally invasive procedures. I'm grateful for the many outstanding people who over the centuries have dedicated their lives to learning about the human body that has led to miracle of modern medical practices today, and to those who developed this technology.

To have a healthy heart despite these troubles, and to learn from my cardiologist that my heart muscle is strong and structurally sound and that my arteries have not hardened, they are still soft and pliable, and that my prospects for living a long and active life are good once we get past these hurdles. (I have a heredity condition that causes my coronary arteries to fill with plaque and narrow or close.)

To have health insurance that covers everything. I'm on Medicare now, but my private insurance plan covers what Medicare does not. I've been able to have all this work done on my heart with relatively little out of pocket expenses. Without the supplementary insurance I would be bankrupt. I know that so many people deal with medical debt, either by not have insurance or not having adequate insurance. I am just so fortunate to have what I have.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Velo, keep up the good fight. Heart issues have been top of mind for myself, and all those I hear about. I'm glad I was good with my cardio before my heart attack in 2019, and that my heart wasn't seriously damaged with the quick action of the doctors and cath lab. I'm looking forward to meeting a new Primary Care Provider who is also a Cardiologist outside the VA system this year who might have a different view on what to do beyond meds.

Comment

Working...
                        X