POLL: Will TT Pick Up Tillery's 5th Year Option?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

And replace him with whom?
    That is almost comical in light of the team's failure to re-sign Justin Jones or draft Travis Jones.

But from the players currently on the roster, I would say Breiden Fehoko.

Of course, we could just add a decent cut player from another team and that too would likely be an upgrade over Tillery.

Comment

They'll decline, but in a manner that makes it seem like they agonized over the decision.

Why tell him 4 weeks ago that they had absolutely zero inclination to extend him?
      If Chaincrusher was the GM, he'd go so far as to tell Tillery that he probably won't make the roster
      because he's a waste of a roster spot.:goofylol:

Bulaga redux.....waiting to the last second to do something everyone knows is the eventual outcome.
      I would not tell him until the day I cut him, which would be during final cuts and after I tried to trade him for a draft pick, any draft pick.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

These are the 2019 1st rounders on whom the no decision has been made re their 5th year option.

10. Pittsburgh linebacker Devin Bush $15.8 mil
        14. Falcons OG Chris Lindstrom $13.2 mil
        23. Texans OT Tytus Howard $13.2 mil
        28. Tillery $10.8 mil
        29. Seattle LB L.J. Collier $11.5 mil
        31. Falcons OT Kaleb McGary $13.2 mil
        32. Patriots WR N'Keal Harry $11.4 mil

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

It's looking like to me unless you have superstar play at your position most are now not giving the 5th year option. Your a first rounder so impress us with your play or seek market value in your next contract.

:2cents:
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

That is almost comical in light of the team's failure to re-sign Justin Jones or draft Travis Jones.

But from the players currently on the roster, I would say Breiden Fehoko.

Of course, we could just add a decent cut player from another team and that too would likely be an upgrade over Tillery.
            Its not a failure, they didn't want them enough.

Breiden Fehoko is a plugger who provides no pass rush....this is your solution?

So i take it your fall back position, Mr. Decent Cut Player, is the actual position you are taking.

Its a good thing we will be the only team scanning the waiver wire for decent DTs with pass rush skills who have been cut.

Comment

Its not a failure, they didn't want them enough.

Breiden Fehoko is a plugger who provides no pass rush....this is your solution?

So i take it your fall back position, Mr. Decent Cut Player, is the actual position you are taking.

Its a good thing we will be the only team scanning the waiver wire for decent DTs with pass rush skills who have been cut.
              Their act of not getting one of those players, whether they wanted them or not, was an obvious failure. The fact that that failure threatens to have Tillery on the field proves that.

Tillery sucks, so him being off the field and off the team is what is best for the team. The defense absolutely plays better with Fehoko on the field than it does with Tillery. That was obvious when Fehoko played when Tillery was out.

Tillery's one sack every few games is not worth what he costs us by being on the field with his horrible performance most of the time.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

If this new D plays like it should, Tillery could actually have a decent season, just in on obvious third and long downs and doing what he does best. Earn that new contract!

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  These are the 2019 1st rounders on whom the no decision has been made re their 5th year option.

10. Pittsburgh linebacker Devin Bush $15.8 mil
                  14. Falcons OG Chris Lindstrom $13.2 mil
                  23. Texans OT Tytus Howard $13.2 mil
                  28. Tillery $10.8 mil
                  29. Seattle LB L.J. Collier $11.5 mil
                  31. Falcons OT Kaleb McGary $13.2 mil
                  32. Patriots WR N'Keal Harry $11.4 mil
                  The 'Hawks have declined the option on Collier. They did pick up the option for Noah Fant, whom they acquired from the Broncos in the Russell Wilson trade. From what I understand, the 'Hawks have never exercised the option for one of their own 1st round picks.

Comment

• Parcells
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Who are the three people that voted yes? Do we have some trolls on the board? We just signed two vastly superior DTs for significantly lower AAV. I highly doubt Tillery is here in 2023, but even if he is, he can be resigned for cheaper.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                      Who are the three people that voted yes? Do we have some trolls on the board? We just signed two vastly superior DTs for significantly lower AAV. I highly doubt Tillery is here in 2023, but even if he is, he can be resigned for cheaper.
                      Hope, and not burying a guy who if he turns it around will be very useful.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Tillery should only be on the field on passing downs because that’s where he’s best at. Even Telesco implied as much. I just don’t think a role guy like him should get his 5th picked up. Maybe he’ll blow it up this year but that’s the small risk you take.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                          I looked... they were not trolls, lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X