Welcome Zion Johnson, OG, Boston College (R1, #17)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

OG Walt Sweeney 1963 second overall.... I know coz he was my case in point why we shoulda drafted Ramcyzk @7 overall,
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• MagicMamba88
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
        Good pick. Top guard. Plug a natural Left Guard into Feilers spot and he goes to RT. Best player battle fir RG. Line in good shape. Maybe even aboushie return?
        yes.... abso!ute!y,

dude is a LG, and Feiler is the better RT than OG, and yes again.... 'tis worth resigning Aboushi, and perhaps Jaimes takes Scho's spot on the depth chart, as think Clapp is gonna stick @the OC.
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• ChargingBolts
          Superbowl?
          • Sep 2018
          • Los Angeles/Chicago
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
          The Athletic’s grade for us:
          I would actually say the grade should be an A ... if ... we kept him at what he's used to ... Left Guard . .. asking a rookie to play a whole new side may not work, so I'm not sold on moving him to the right side

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Still pinching myself this morning...KG and Zion 2 of my favorite prospects, but how do you stump for boring old Guards on this forum? Still, I see few complaints, and that is awesome. By the way...love TT's opening response in the presser, which is definitely going in my post draft sig...."Guards are people too...":rofl:
            The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
              Good safe pick. Team him with Slater and move Fieler to RT. Sign Aboushi.
              Protect The Franchise at all costs.
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                It took the chargers less than 1 minute and 43 seconds to get the zion johnson pick turned in, LOL if that doesn’t show how much they liked zion I don’t know what does. Even when jermaine fell there was zero hesitation…
                I noticed that too - I was FFing through the picks and missed the Chargers

That tells me two things
                1) no trades
                2) they knew who they wanted, not messing around

I liked it. I really like this pick. Two young stalwarts on the OLine with Herbert

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Chargers still have some decent cap space - I tihnk something like $7-8m (after paying the draft class, the practice squad and saving some for the season) - so they can
                  bring back Aboushi - if they want
                  sign a RT like Kelly for 2-2.5m
                  sign a couple guys on the DLine like Hicks or Morgan Fox
                  maybe a veteran DB for cheap

I get not all of the above but 3 guys for sure

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Foster Sarre!!

could he (eventually) end up being better than the both of Pips 'n Storm ??

think Sarrell could be a swinger....
                    foster sarrell was signed by the ravens last season and victim of final cuts before baltimore lost a bunch of linemen to injuries. If baltimore showed interest that might mean he’s got something but that said, baltimore runs a power scheme and the chargers are a zone running team so I’m not sure if he’s a scheme fit for the chargers longterm IDK.
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                      Fluent in Sarcasm
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Iowa
                      • Man of the People
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Clapp is a vet minimum move that can be easily cut if someone better comes along. I don’t see this stopping them from signing Aboushi and having them compete.
                      Clapp is the only backup we have with OC experience. Can we cut him? Sure. Then we need to address backup OC. Unless the plan is to have Zion as the backup OC and then you can plug Aboushi in at RG in his spot, but it seems like this regime prefers not to play musical chairs with the OL when injuries happen so that doesn’t make sense to me. I like Aboushi a lot and won’t complain at all if we do sign him but I think he deserves a chance to start somewhere and I don’t see that happening after this pick. Jaimes and Clapp are the backup IOL, Norton/Pipkins and a draft pick are backups at OT with us carrying 9 OL is my guess.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

It’s almost like TT was trying to force Rivers to retire.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Im going out on a limb and guessing they are not taking another OL at R3.
                          Why not if a solid guy is there? Add some quality depth for the long season.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X