• Show
Clear All
  • BayAreaBoltz
    Chargers Hall of Fame
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    so he’s not Robert Shaw tough, whatevs)
    "So, eleven hundred men went into the water, three hundred sixteen men come out, and the sharks took the rest, June the 29th, 1945. Anyway, we delivered the bomb."

Such a badass scene.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      he's not the most super-cut dude in the history of modern HGH, er i mean supplements, but idunno, i don't see a fat lazy pudgy jiggly slob. His pec's seem sharpened, hard to tell thru a loose-fit shirt ... and this discussion is really starting to veer into wtf territory, aint it lol?

Somebody else get your goggles out and measure the critical parts and pieces and report back. i'm starting to feel oddly intrusive, myself.

Looking Episode 11 GIF by One Chicago
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Here's another

“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

"So, eleven hundred men went into the water, three hundred sixteen men come out, and the sharks took the rest, June the 29th, 1945. Anyway, we delivered the bomb."

Such a badass scene.
          I stopped swimming in the ocean (and lakes, and pools..) cuz of that.

Some actors have a great role at some point in their career; then there’s RS, who made every role he did great. His two pairings as Sean Connery’s foil - From Russia With Love, and Robin And Marion - are freaking epic.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Marshall was stoppable? he's HOF, something went right there for the lazy slob. I still remember his days on the Mesa, he was the start of their notoriety as RBU

I haven't seen Spiller's definition - I don't like any player not coming to report in shape. I agree with the premise, just don't know how he's built or trained.
            I didn't think Spiller looked out of shape in those pics.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

He was primarily used as a blocking back, but still he wasn't in on a lot of offensive snaps, only 9.23% in 2022. He did play 56% of special teams snaps. I suspect he will make or not make the roster based on his abilities as an RB, or if he's valuable to special teams. He had 8 yds on four carries last season. He scored the Chargers first TD of the season on a reception in Week 1 then caught a TD pass from Herbert in Week 2. Both catches were under 2 yds. Then he disappeared for the rest of the season. He only got 6 more targets and caught 3 of them, converting one 1st down.
              Yep...further proof a roster spot was wasted on him...we could have kept him on the PS and brought him up if needed...meanwhile, we could have used another fresh D-lineman in the rotation, or another D-back for dime packages...

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

And if Ekeler was as big and fast as Faulk he would be unstoppable and have a new contract. I didn't say Faulk wasn't strong but he don't look it. I've no idea how strong he is.

And you named one,. Spiller! Which he dont look out of shape to me.
                l'm sure there are others but im not going to go look at dudes physics.

Melvin Gordon is ripped, can't hold on to the ball.
                Yep...proof positive that having good def doesn't necessarily equate with being a good player...Moaning Mel in his prime was a decent player...nowadays he's over the hill...
                (Except for the fumbles and the shoestring tackles...)

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Spiller looks like a running back to me.

Now, about that pass pro...
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    Spiller looks like a running back to me.

Now, about that pass pro...
                    Woody knows football.
                    It took Kelley 2 years to learn... now he's good to go.

As long as Isaiah understands where the running lanes are meant to be... no dilly-dally... and the linemen hit their spots... he'll be fine.
                    Behind #4# and Kelley... how many carries do you think the young man will get...?
                    Be ready, young buck. It looks like he takes the off-season seriously. Stay hungry.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

I haven't seen the Media Day pics being referred to here, so I can't make any judgment as to whether Spiller is out of shape or not. But Spiller is one of those RBs who have a little mass in their a*s. The pics I've seen of him from last year, to me, he looks like Deebo Samuel, a bit taller. His thicker lower body should be an asset running between the tackles. We shall see if he has the acumen and burst to be effective.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Spiller averaged 5.5 ypc on about 180 carries per season in three years playing in the SEC, the most dominant conference in college football. If he can average 1 ypc less in the NFL he will be a success. He and Ekeler just need to make sure defenses have to keep an extra man in the box and make them pay if they don't.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          I haven't seen the Media Day pics being referred to here, so I can't make any judgment as to whether Spiller is out of shape or not. But Spiller is one of those RBs who have a little mass in their a*s. The pics I've seen of him from last year, to me, he looks like Deebo Samuel, a bit taller. His thicker lower body should be an asset running between the tackles. We shall see if he has the acumen and burst to be effective.
                          Based on his highlights, Spiller is not the type of rb who runs over people or breaks a lot of tackles.
                          More muscle mass is not going to help him.

He's a stop and start guy with very good vision, who can redirect himself from one gap to another as well as anyone.
                          I have no idea how his skills will translate: he's pretty average in terms of mass, speed, acceleration, cutting, shiftiness.

Anyone for fluff? Well, he greatly outperformed Bijan Robinson against Alabama (ergo, he'll be the better NFL rb ).

Comment

Working...
                          X