Welcome Jamaree Salyer, OL, Georgia (R6, #195)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Appeared to be a very solid game from Salyer. Didn’t hear his name mentioned, which is always good. Didn’t see much pressure from his side. Not sure if Garrett will play next week. If so, the completion will be much, much stiffer.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Steal of the draft. I don't care if the kid is not flashy he gets the JOB DONE! That means Boy Wonder is not flat on his back all game long. I like this kid.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        Appeared to be a very solid game from Salyer. Didn’t hear his name mentioned, which is always good. Didn’t see much pressure from his side. Not sure if Garrett will play next week. If so, the completion will be much, much stiffer.
        If he does he may not be at 100%...but even injured he is dangerous. Need to help chip on that side CONSTANTLY.
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I hope he gets good experience, but maybe can get the Manyweather coaching too in the off season. Would love to bring back Pipkins too, and see ya Storm. He might be the LG of the future as well, who knows.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
            Outback Goon
            • Sep 2018
            • Australia
            • Send PM

Sayler played well. Happy for him

Comment

• AZBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Some good news, SLATER put on IR and could come back late season and available for Playoffs :-))

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                I saw some pre draft predictions of Salyer going near the top of the second round. He played against and shined against much tougher talent than Zion. Listen to his interviews. Smart, serious, focused, and articulate. He’s the steal of the draft. Mark my words.

On a scale of 1-100……it’s 110.
                “The steal of the draft” was solid. I was not surprised.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Has anyone broken down the film to figure out why so many runs to the left side are stuff at or behind LOS? Is it random, never the same. Is it guys pulling from the right side not getting over and locking up an assignment? Is it Feiler (my running theory but I’m not an expert film analyst and have no objection to a smart guy here correcting me and teaching the TPB on whats really the problem.

What is the rushing issue?
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                      Has anyone broken down the film to figure out why so many runs to the left side are stuff at or behind LOS? Is it random, never the same. Is it guys pulling from the right side not getting over and locking up an assignment? Is it Feiler (my running theory but I’m not an expert film analyst and have no objection to a smart guy here correcting me and teaching the TPB on whats really the problem.

I think it all starts with Feiler having a really bad start to the season - he doesn't look anything like the player he was last year.

Comment

• Rugger05
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Not sure if it is Feiler but dude is struggling this year. I think his replacement next year was playing next to him today. What a great game for Saylar and kudos to the coaching staff for starting him. Thing that killed me all week was the thought of turnstyle Storm playing LT and getting JH killed. I was pleasantly surprised to see the change being made. Now if they would only activate Spiller and let Sony sit for a couple of games.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Some observations after watching the game highlights.

Salyer has a really quick first step, there were a few times where it almost appeared he moved a split second too soon.
                          He appears to be fundamentally sound, like Slater.
                          They did give him some help. Everett or McKitty were lined up next to him on several plays to provide a chip on the edge rusher.
                          Herbert seemed to be aware of the possible liability on his blind side and got rid of the ball quicker.
                          For a 325 lb man, he moves well and he is quick.

Comment

Working...
                          X