Welcome Jamaree Salyer, OL, Georgia (R6, #195)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Classic
    Hall Of Fame
    • Dec 2014
    • Send PM

Who is this new Tom Telesco and his new found ablity to find OL gem?. Pipkins doesnt seem like a dumpster fire, Slater is All Pro, Zion is on his way there and Salyer is no ordinary 6th rounder. I'm fully expecting Brendan Jaimes to be the next Corey Linsey based on recent success.

Our squad is being slowly built the right way for once. Philip would have dreamed to have this type of OL.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
      How was Storm ahead of this guy?
      Whatever the reason, I'm glad they recognized his talent and didn't waste time getting him in there.

I hope nobody sours on him when the inevitable rookie mistakes show up... hopefully few and far between...and obviously still light years ahead of Norton.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Comment

• Boltdiehard
          The Precious
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

I thought Joseph-Day actually had a pretty good game yesterday.

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

I thought Joseph-Day actually had a pretty good game yesterday.
            Yes, practicing against Salyer hardened him.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
              How was Storm ahead of this guy?
              Apparently for the same reason why Sony is ahead of Kelley...

Comment

• Air Coryell
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2021
                • Carlsbad, CA
                • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Apparently for the same reason why Sony is ahead of Kelley...
                Yup. I would even give Kelly and chance to start on 1st/2nd down. Take some of the load off of #30. Eventually make Spiller active instead of Sony.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                  Who is this new Tom Telesco and his new found ablity to find OL gem?. Pipkins doesnt seem like a dumpster fire, Slater is All Pro, Zion is on his way there and Salyer is no ordinary 6th rounder. I'm fully expecting Brendan Jaimes to be the next Corey Linsey based on recent success.

Our squad is being slowly built the right way for once. Philip would have dreamed to have this type of OL.
                  Remember when TT got here and day 1 he noted he had to fix the OL. But his strategy and their entire theme was just get bigger stronger OL players - they went and got some big strong tubs that couldn’t move for shit. Look closely at all of their recent success and you see a common theme - the most notable superior attribute of each of them is their agility and quickness. Not that they are weak but they are not notably strong. What pops out is they are more athletically agile. This is a brilliant late-career revelation by TT and crew.

Watching Salyer yesterday, he moved surprisingly well and was very agile (noting he is in fact bigger than Slater or Zion). Did just a fantastic job in his first game with one week practice with #1s - so surprised and just so happy for the kid getting a game ball. The pride and sheer happiness he was beaming when coach gave him the ball and the entire team cheered him - that was fucking awesome human emotion shit! Its like it was the first time he felt like those big guys, those pros, those best of best, just told him he was one of them. Fucking beautiful shit, i replayed that moment a couple times just to watch the happiness he beamed.

sorry, i cuss when i get emotional. Sniff.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

the funny thing about the guy is that he doesn't even have to have his mitts on you.... as long as he is in contact w/you, he's got you handled, and... dude isn't so much a road grader, but would call him a (street) sweeper.... wherever he goes, there isn't much in the way of DL left standing around.... he can sweep the line clean @times.... enjoyable to watch him first game out.
                    • With the Chargers needing to protect QB Justin Herbert (ribs) and left tackle Rashawn Slater out, sixth-round rookie Jamaree Salyer, who moved from guard to play tackle Sunday in Houston, was a gem in the 34-24 Chargers win. “He’s a stud – calm, poised, strong,” said coach Brandon Staley. - MMQB/PeterKing

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                        • With the Chargers needing to protect QB Justin Herbert (ribs) and left tackle Rashawn Slater out, sixth-round rookie Jamaree Salyer, who moved from guard to play tackle Sunday in Houston, was a gem in the 34-24 Chargers win. “He’s a stud – calm, poised, strong,” said coach Brandon Staley. - MMQB/PeterKing

It aint easy being a gangsta GM but somebody's gotta do it,

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Not that they are weak but they are not notably strong. What pops out is they are more athletically agile..
                          IIRC, Zion and Jamaree were #1 and #2 in bench press. So “not notably strong” is inaccurate, to be kind.

also, it was Jamaree’s perceived lack of agility, not strength, that was a reason for his slide to 6 round.

Comment

Working...
                          X