Welcome Jamaree Salyer, OL, Georgia (R6, #195)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parcells
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    Salyer maybe not a Game Ball situation, but he played well. Good job Jamaree!
    Guy filled in at LT after our all pro went down. I have a lot more hope for this season after today than I did a week ago.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Immediately after the draft I dubbed Salyer our best value pick in the draft
      that's looking true today.
      P1. Block Destruction
      P2. Shocking Effort
      P3. Ball Disruption
      P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• Heatmiser
        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Salyer stepped up and was solid. Very impressive for a rookie making his first start at a critical position really having not practiced there much at all. Lombardi gave him a TON of help, whether it be chipping, double teams, or moving Herbert away and to the right on play designs. But Salyer demonstrated he belongs on the field.

Feiler is a mystery. He played better, but still is not who he was last season. To start the second half, Chargers had a well designed screen called for Ekeler that would have been a big play. Feiler absolutely whiffed on a 185 lb DB who made the tackle.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Yea....Im gonna crow about this one.
          In the draft, I thought we needed IOL badly. He was my #3/4 behind Johnson and Green. (Cant remember the name of the C/G he was tied with...think the Pats took that guy early) Was hoping he would slip to the third....but we picked Johnson, so I completely lost track of this guy....
          When his name popped up as our pick in the 6th, my jaw hit the floor!
          Is he Rashawn Slater? Lol....no...
          But get used to his name....he will be a starter on this line somewhere, hopefully for many years to come.

Told ya, PBF....:More Q Please:
          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            Salyer stepped up and was solid. Very impressive for a rookie making his first start at a critical position really having not practiced there much at all. Lombardi gave him a TON of help, whether it be chipping, double teams, or moving Herbert away and to the right on play designs. But Salyer demonstrated he belongs on the field.

Feiler is a mystery. He played better, but still is not who he was last season. To start the second half, Chargers had a well designed screen called for Ekeler that would have been a big play. Feiler absolutely whiffed on a 185 lb DB who made the tackle.

TG
            Lombardi schemed to take the pressure off Salyer as much as possible - Ekeler mentioned it in a post-game interview - but still he was excellent in his first start.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

Kirby Smart was smiling Sunday.......

Comment

• Air Coryell
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2021
                • Carlsbad, CA
                • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                • Send PM

How was Storm ahead of this guy?

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Chargers v. Houston - Jamaree Salyer was the Chargers’ highest-graded player on offense with a 78.6 overall grade while he also posted an 90.6 pass blocking grade.

Comment

• SK21209
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2020
                    • San Diego
                    • Send PM

I'm probably getting way ahead of myself after 1 game, but if Salyer is for real that is huge for our O-Line this year and next year. Slater/Salyer/Linsley/Zion/Pipkins could be really good and you have good depth options as well if you keep/restructure Feiler next offseason. Salyer starting at LG but can step in at LT. Pipkins at RT but can also step in at LT. Feiler can back up either guard spot or RT. Clapp can do a respectable job at center. Again, I'm getting way ahead of myself since Salyer has played 1 game at LT and zero NFL games at LG, but this kid being good could be huge for us beyond just filling in for Slater.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                      He’s better than Zion.
                      that was a post 6 months ago. put it in your pipe and smoke it.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                        The Precious
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
                        How was Storm ahead of this guy?
                        Because he has a cool name? Who the fuck knows.:shrug:

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                          Chargers v. Houston - Jamaree Salyer was the Chargers’ highest-graded player on offense with a 78.6 overall grade while he also posted an 90.6 pass blocking grade.
                          the funny thing about the guy is that he doesn't even have to have his mitts on you.... as long as he is in contact w/you, he's got you handled, and... dude isn't so much a road grader, but would call him a (street) sweeper.... wherever he goes, there isn't much in the way of DL left standing around.... he can sweep the line clean @times.... enjoyable to watch him first game out.
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X