Welcome Jamaree Salyer, OL, Georgia (R6, #195)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

The GM is not making all the Decisions unilaterally anymore! The coaching staff has huge input going forward. Please complain responsibly.

:whistlin:
    Has any GM ever not listened to their coaches??

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

When we had McCoy for sure and Lynn had some input but obviously cared more about particular players than building a competent roster. Scales have definitely tilted towards our competent coaching staff.

:cheers:
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Ontario , Canada
        • Send PM

They did well w the OL IMO. The top 2 in 225 lb press at the combine were Zion Johnson and Salyer.

2022 NFL Combine Results - NFL.com

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
          I think they all really like the left side of the OL and want to leave it alone. The ideal situation is to have an active RT competition in camp with Feiler involved. Don’t just give it to Pipkins. Though I still think we get another FA vet after the draft. We need competition in order for people to improve.
          One of the big excuses for leaving feiler inside last year was slater’s inexperience but he proved to be way ahead of schedule. Then they said that feiler had responsibilities inside that helped herbert coordinate the offense, him and linsley were responsible for line calls and snap counts and all sorts of stuff to make life “easier” for herbert as he learned the new offense. I say it’s time to take the fuggin training wheels off and lay those responsibilities on justin, it’ll empower him to make better decisions about audibles based on what he’s seeing on the fuggin field. The system they have set up right now is all based on not trusting Justin to handle the reigns and I think that’s fuggin stupid. It limits him in games creates miscommunication confusion and wasted plays. Staley needs to learn to trust justin. He’s already proven trustworthy, hard working, responsible, and smart as hell. The bullshit shackles need to come off, give the kid the reigns and let him ala philip rivers run the fuggin offense! Put the linemen in the best positions for them to protect herbert and let them focus on THEIR FUGGIN JOBS and let the kid do his, otherwise how is he going to grow as an NFL QB? Keeping feiler at LG could also be about maintaining the status quo and not letting justin make all the line adjustments calls etc..they need to trust him…

I trust herbert I think the this coaching staff should too. He was given more free reign in his rookie season under pip hamilton and I beleive he threw less picks, LOL.
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• equivocation
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

Yes

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

AJ?

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

One of the big excuses for leaving feiler inside last year was slater’s inexperience but he proved to be way ahead of schedule. Then they said that feiler had responsibilities inside that helped herbert coordinate the offense, him and linsley were responsible for line calls and snap counts and all sorts of stuff to make life “easier” for herbert as he learned the new offense. I say it’s time to take the fuggin training wheels off and lay those responsibilities on justin, it’ll empower him to make better decisions about audibles based on what he’s seeing on the fuggin field. The system they have set up right now is all based on not trusting Justin to handle the reigns and I think that’s fuggin stupid. It limits him in games creates miscommunication confusion and wasted plays. Staley needs to learn to trust justin. He’s already proven trustworthy, hard working, responsible, and smart as hell. The bullshit shackles need to come off, give the kid the reigns and let him ala philip rivers run the fuggin offense! Put the linemen in the best positions for them to protect herbert and let them focus on THEIR FUGGIN JOBS and let the kid do his, otherwise how is he going to grow as an NFL QB? Keeping feiler at LG could also be about maintaining the status quo and not letting justin make all the line adjustments calls etc..they need to trust him…

I trust herbert I think the this coaching staff should too. He was given more free reign in his rookie season under pip hamilton and I beleive he threw less picks, LOL.
                I don’t think it has anything with Feiler helping out line calls. That’s primarily Herbert and Linsley now. I think they really like how good the left side was last year and don’t want to ruin what they had. And they obviously feel that IOL protection is more important than edge protection, which is why they want Feiler, Linsley, and Zion as the IOL.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

The GM is not making all the Decisions unilaterally anymore! The coaching staff has huge input going forward. Please complain responsibly.

:whistlin:
                  I was thinking that this draft had the old Telesco signature all over it:

Solid first round pick;
                  character, character, character;
                  at least one selection from a Catholic University;
                  an unexpected 3rd round choice that many claim to be a reach;
                  falling in love with a particular region (this time Texas), as if Spanos can't afford to send scouts to too many locations;
                  the selection of a local kid and the unwavering belief that you have some advantage by 'knowing' the local programs.
                  trading away draft picks;
                  an offensive play maker that lacks high end speed;

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Solid first round pick;
                    falling in love with a particular region (this time Texas), as if Spanos can't afford to send scouts to too many locations;
                    the selection of a local kid and the unwavering belief that you have some advantage by 'knowing' the local programs.
                    It seems similar as last year with Staley also lol.

Edit: also apparently dry jumping someone isn’t a character concern lol.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Solid first round pick;
                      I would have drafted one of the two RBs in the second round even if we had to give up next years 1st. I will say that Spiller does have some attributes of the two top backs and is a solid value pick and can understand why they went that route as well. Spiller does have cutting abilities above the remaining backs plus the ability to block and catch the ball. I'm actually ok going with Spiller because we now have another solid horse in our stable.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Solid first round pick;
                        Actually this has Staley written all over this pick. So a big no there.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
                          They did well w the OL IMO. The top 2 in 225 lb press at the combine were Zion Johnson and Salyer.

2022 NFL Combine Results - NFL.com
                          Salyer's credentials are far higher than Jeromey Clary's were, and they were drafted at similar spots.

I will be surprised if Salyer is not-- at minimum-- a highly reliable and valued backup. (Clary only started because he was 'competent', and that was good enough for the club's admin at the time).

Comment

Working...
                          X