• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Jerry Tillery had a really good period. He won both of his reps, showing off both power and speed. He matched up with backup interior lineman Braylon Jones on both reps. On the first rep, Tillery burst off the line with a bull rush and drove Jones back eight yards into the quarterback. On the second rep, Tillery ripped to the left and showed some explosiveness to sweep past Jones for a clean win. Tillery has pass-rushing juice. That has never been in doubt. The key for him is showing this level of performance consistently against top competition.

Consistency is reliant on effort. Methinks Jerry takes too many plays off.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Practice like Tarzan, play like Jane. Woo.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

He was extremely bad.
        That’s strange, in March I read the colts were trying to resign him and then he disappeared, I wonder if decided to retire, I always thought he came back too soon from that achilles injury…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

agree, I've seen flashes of possible greatness, in college and pros then he disappears.... or just gets run over.....

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

He just seems like an odd guy to me. If you watch the clips of Fehoko mic’d up, when Fehoko is breaking the team down, Tillery is late to the grouping, he always stands off by himself. Fehoko interacted with all the DL many times, only once did Tillery even say something.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Just read a headline that states:

The Los Angeles Chargers may have more holes on the offensive line than expected.

Pure crap, most fans know the truth. The headline should read The Los Angles Chargers may have more holes on the offensive line than expected by TT & Brandon Staley.

I'm telling you IF Herbert is getting sacked left and right in these first 2 games, and especially the first 1, and everyone is saying the Oline is not where it needs to be and everyone is screaming we need to draft OT's in the first round and we'll be good next season.... Well I'll stop there. We'll be fine, our Oline is going to shock the world! Right?

PS I also heard IF Staley misses the PO's this season he won't be brought back next season, because coaches like Payton and Harbaugh would be happy to step in and win with Herbert.
              Last edited by electricgold; 08-19-2022, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                Jerry Tillery had a really good period. He won both of his reps, showing off both power and speed. He matched up with backup interior lineman Braylon Jones on both reps. On the first rep, Tillery burst off the line with a bull rush and drove Jones back eight yards into the quarterback. On the second rep, Tillery ripped to the left and showed some explosiveness to sweep past Jones for a clean win. Tillery has pass-rushing juice. That has never been in doubt. The key for him is showing this level of performance consistently against top competition.
                Tillery has always had a better pass rush than his run D. Now, if he could just improve in that latter category...

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

After 5 games? Lol, ok. He’s played 8 or less games in 5 of the last 6 seasons. Give him his due, that OL was 100% better when he was in vs after he went IR. I am looking forward to seeing Pip and Nort this weekend and see where they are. I hope the Boys play their DL starters
                  Aboushi did play 16 games in 2020, with the Lions. Aside from his 5 starts with us in last year's injury-shortened season, he's been mostly a backup:

aboushi.JPG

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

It would be great to see Isaiah Spiller featured as the starting RB in the Cowboy's game, and Joshua Kelly featured as the #2 and in that role to get a good read on both of their games in relation to this coming season! To me for various reasons this would equal good coaching.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      I do believe we are gonna suffocate people.
                      This defense is gonna be fun.
                      The Bolt Jolt

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I love TFLs, and LOS stuffs, but the problem has been yards after contact, both on the run and pass. I'm happy to hear from the last Popper update that the DL has improved, in his review of the joint practice, just have to see that in real action. Dallas has a good run offense, better than the Raiders and Chiefs, so that bodes well.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                          It would be great to see Isaiah Spiller featured as the starting RB in the Cowboy's game, and Joshua Kelly featured as the #2 and in that role to get a good read on both of their games in relation to this coming season! To me for various reasons this would equal good coaching.
                          It makes no difference which one of them takes the first snaps. They'll both get their plays and we can judge them from that.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X