• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Obviously the OL is going to be an area of concern.

However, now we have an ability to have a sustained running game, and concentrate on chipping @ ORT.

I expect Lombardi to be able to neutralize potent pass rushes.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

DAL has two premier edge rushers like we do. The accounts I've seen is that our OL did better today.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

How hard can it be? Just practice it 10 times, throw up your arms and turn your head, throw up your arms and turn your head, throw up your arms and turn your head, throw up your arms and turn your head, throw up your arms and turn your head, throw up your arms and turn your head, throw up your arms and turn your head, throw up your arms and turn your head, throw up your arms and turn your head, throw up your arms and turn your head, throw up your arms and turn your head. Just make it an automatic response. When the arms go up, the head turns.
        C'mon guys - you all know it's not remotely this simple, and it IS hard to do correctly and timely. If you turn at the wrong moment and get out of phase then the guy is running by you and it's a TD. We had guys playing for their NFL lives - they simply panicked in the moment. I don't for a second believe that this is coaching related. From high school onward finding the ball is taught as defensive back 101.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
          Fluent in Sarcasm
          • Jun 2013
          • Iowa
          • Man of the People
          • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

I definitely agree with you, but that's what is so puzzling about the FA moves. A guy like David Quessenberry, who is from SoCal, had an 80 PFF grade at RT, last year and only signed a $1.3 million deal seems like someone the Chargers should have brought in. You can have high hopes for Norton and Pipkins, but why not bring in some real competition for them? He didn't sign until just before the draft. It's not like the Chargers had to make him a priority.
          I was also surprised they didn’t try to bring in anyone via FA or the draft to compete at RT but at this point unless there is an injury I simply don’t see them making a move for anyone, it’s just not how TT operates. Hopefully the RT is at least now a manageable issue against top rushers with RG being improved.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Some good camp content from today -

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• SuperCharged
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Utah
              • Midnight Toker
              • Send PM

Good god. What debbie downer thread this has turned into. SMFH.

I guess just pack in the season so we can get a top draft pick for RT. All you ragging on RT. It's addition by subtraction. We address a RT in FA well you're not going to get a Mack or beefing up the DL. Or a superstar CB.

This thread has really turned into a head scratcher for me. The best offseason ever hands down for the Chargers franchise and we're still bitching? C'mon my bolt brothers how about some positivity? We have had a franchise QB for decades. Christ we could be like Cleveland or Denver or Raiders or Dolphins. I think ya'll need to appreciate how this team is shaping up under Staley. Ya'll calling for Peyton is just silly. :facepalm1:

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                Cowboys got after Herbert last year in season also. I think he was hit around 10 times in that game. Its not like our guys have no history with this DL. Boys could have a solid front 7.
                I also tend to think these guys are not going full speed. Nobody really wants to physically engage and get hurt. Im sure when its time we will get hands on pass rushers etc. More concerned about penalties etc. tackling when it counts. You know last years problems.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

View from the other side. In case many of you are like me and dont want to see edited videos of only chargers doing well. I want to see everything.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Good to hear day two was improved.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Great stuff Fleet. We gotta handle the football truth. But that one dude looks like he is parking a 737 at DFW.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

DAL is a good team to practice with--just the kind of challenges we need.

Comment

Working...
                          X