• Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

For crying out loud...people on here already have the season tanked, Staley fired, and Payton hired...

Bolt the $#*& up, people...you are embarassing yourselves...
    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
      Just read a headline that states:

The Los Angeles Chargers may have more holes on the offensive line than expected.

Pure crap, most fans know the truth. The headline should read The Los Angles Chargers may have more holes on the offensive line than expected by TT & Brandon Staley.

I'm telling you IF Herbert is getting sacked left and right in these first 2 games, and especially the first 1, and everyone is saying the Oline is not where it needs to be and everyone is screaming we need to draft OT's in the first round and we'll be good next season.... Well I'll stop there. We'll be fine, our Oline is going to shock the world! Right?

PS I also heard IF Staley misses the PO's this season he won't be brought back next season, because coaches like Payton and Harbaugh would be happy to step in and win with Herbert.
      OL did better yesterday. The headline should be certain fans freak out about one scrimmage practice lol.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        I love TFLs, and LOS stuffs, but the problem has been yards after contact, both on the run and pass. I'm happy to hear from the last Popper update that the DL has improved, in his review of the joint practice, just have to see that in real action. Dallas has a good run offense, better than the Raiders and Chiefs, so that bodes well.
        That was a big problem and from what I understand the reason for it last season, or at least one of the reasons, was the the line did not do a good job with their fits and assignments. That means the safeties and LBs don't have clear reads on where to go and were out of position constantly and were either chasing or not squared up and certainly could not be aggressive in filling. Hoping the two new guys and Fehoko being in his second season with the defense helps this out.
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Asante sucking gas. I was never impressed. Glad Davis screwed his head on straight and wants that 1st string job back.

I think this color Staley is painting about Pip vs Storm is bullshit. “Improved”. LOL

look, the fact neither of them has secured the position means they both still suck.

johnny is vastly improved Ms. Jones….he got a D. Last year was an F.

Max Crosby is licking his chops awaiting week 1.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
            Asante sucking gas. I was never impressed. Glad Davis screwed his head on straight and wants that 1st string job back.

I think this color Staley is painting about Pip vs Storm is bullshit. “Improved”. LOL

look, the fact neither of them has secured the position means they both still suck.

Yeah gotta be honest Pip and or Storm aint it.

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Yeah gotta be honest Pip and or Storm aint it.
              I guess we wait for final cuts around the league and hope there’s a team with an over abundance of good OT’s.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                For crying out loud...people on here already have the season tanked, Staley fired, and Payton hired...

I don’t know how they then get out of bed in the morning. Embarrassing …
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Herb compiled great numbers last year DESPITE the sieve that was the RG-RT combo.

I think we're satisfied that Zion Johnson at RG constitutes a BIG step up in production. That leaves RT as the only O-line concern.

So now, at worst Herb will be playing behind a line with one significant weakness instead of two.

I'm not seeing a reason to go Chicken Little here. There's still time for things to resolve decently.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Norton is licking his lips thinking about when we stomped Maxx's Raturds LAC 21 - LVR 14 when we had a decent RG.

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

It would be nice to take this 1 game at a time, and judge each game and win with appreciation or analyze the problems that are the root cause of any game that didn't go our way, week by week this is what I plan on doing finishing with the PO's. Been through too many Chargers seasons to take this any other way!

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Herb compiled great numbers last year DESPITE the sieve that was the RG-RT combo.

I think we're satisfied that Zion Johnson at RG constitutes a BIG step up in production. That leaves RT as the only O-line concern.

So now, at worst Herb will be playing behind a line with one significant weakness instead of two.

I'm not seeing a reason to go Chicken Little here. There's still time for things to resolve decently.
                        No s***! We went 9-8, #2 passing O, #5 scoring O with a weaker OL and the 30th ranked defense.

Comment

• electricgold
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

OL did better yesterday. The headline should be certain fans freak out about one scrimmage practice lol.
                          Well truth be told, last season the way how the raiders game unfolded, how the BEST DE's lined up opposite our RT as a major means to knock us out of the playoffs was a clear signal the OT position needed attention. The depth at this position is scary, but again everyone of the coaches feel good about our Oline. So we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                          X