• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

1v1 reps favor the pass rusher and DAL has some great rushers. Parsons is just different.

Pipkins and Norton both look better than last year. Not great, not good, maybe not average, but better. Better run game and defense helps hide their weaknesses. All Oline also play better in a squad with help.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

So now I’m coward and a bully? Wow, I guess that makes sense because bullies are often cowards too…I’ve been down this road on forums before and it doesn’t lead to anything good so forgive me but I won’t be participating in the name calling. Like Roger Murtaugh said, “I’m too old…Plus it makes it unpleasant for everyone else too and talking FOOTBALL with you guys is part of my daily fun. I just want the chargers to do their level best to protect their franchise player, that’s it, that’s all I’m saying. How that’s controversial on a charger forum is a source of confusion for me…
      Ok, i may have exaggerated for effect, which I know is uncommon here. Ok ok … “may” is actually definitely. I apologize for my completely over-the-top accusations of cowardice. Its silly, i thought it would be seen as joke on its face with the intent to merely encourage everyone to have faith in this much-improved team and not be in despair before the first real whistle is even blown.

but its wrong of me to assume that you all can read inside my contorted noggin and appreciate my wry sardonic twists. I am truly sorry and will refrain from such immature theatrics for as long as i can possibly bottle them up. As you’ve seen - there isn’t much guarantee it will be for long - and i apologize in advance for that too.

I have no doubt you are not personally a coward. I hereby retract the ridiculous unfounded insult. You are disappointed they didnt fix RT. I appreciate that, i would love a better RT too. I just disagree on the aggregate cosmic importance compared to the vast improvements they made that were imo much more important and i disagree they cannot run a very successful offense EVEN with Pip or Nort, whoever wins out.

again, apologies. And I apologize for the next time to whoever it may be barbed towards. I don’t mean any harm - I’m just goofing off here in my favorite forum ever talking shit about my favorite team ever. God Bless the Chargers and TPB.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Ok, i may have exaggerated for effect, which I know is uncommon here. Ok ok … “may” is actually definitely. I apologize for my completely over-the-top accusations of cowardice. Its silly, i thought it would be seen as joke on its face with the intent to merely encourage everyone to have faith in this much-improved team and not be in despair before the first real whistle is even blown.

but its wrong of me to assume that you all can read inside my contorted noggin and appreciate my wry sardonic twists. I am truly sorry and will refrain from such immature theatrics for as long as i can possibly bottle them up. As you’ve seen - there isn’t much guarantee it will be for long - and i apologize in advance for that too.

I have no doubt you are not personally a coward. I hereby retract the ridiculous unfounded insult. You are disappointed they didnt fix RT. I appreciate that, i would love a better RT too. I just disagree on the aggregate cosmic importance compared to the vast improvements they made that were imo much more important and i disagree they cannot run a very successful offense EVEN with Pip or Nort, whoever wins out.

again, apologies. And I apologize for the next time to whoever it may be barbed towards. I don’t mean any harm - I’m just goofing off here in my favorite forum ever talking shit about my favorite team ever. God Bless the Chargers and TPB.
        no worries, I haven’t been around here long enough to learn how to understand everyone’s sense of humor…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Pat_Swindle
          WustinSlurbert
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

I would argue that death is a separate event apart from life. The cessation of life yes. Even if only temporary (so-called NDE's). And I'm not currently being taxed. Haven't been for a few years now. Staley doesn't always go for it. But probably too many times so it seems that way.
          Ohhhh man, I'm 0-3 on that observation...good thing it's only preseason.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
            Day One...
            • Mar 2019
            • Brentwood, 94513
            • Send PM

It’s all good, because it’s preseason, but dam, special teams really. If those guys can’t do it, what more can we expect? Punts and kickoffs out of bounds until guys learn to stay in their lanes and tackles.

Comment

• Shock&Awe
              Great White North
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
              It’s all good, because it’s preseason, but dam, special teams really. If those guys can’t do it, what more can we expect? Punts and kickoffs out of bounds until guys learn to stay in their lanes and tackles.
              Wouldn't that be something, taking the penalty over giving up a touchdown.

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

Yep however if you look at the last games last year and add the 2 preseason losses this year, it really is time for Coach Staley to turn the corner on losing.

We'll know whats up with this team by week 4, but really by week 1.

Also since we are dealing in analytics with this team, I believe Coach Staley was wrong about 1 thing. He believes the teams D played well enough to win the game however if you look at the stats, correct me if I am wrong actually the D played well enough to tie the game!

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Luckily most of the ST guys last night won’t be on the team. Additionally, the point of kicking/punting short is to evaluate the coverage unit. Notice that they gave up on that last night after what happened in the first half..

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Yep however if you look at the last games last year and add the 2 preseason losses this year, it really is time for Coach Staley to turn the corner on losing.

Also since we are dealing in analytics with this team, I believe Coach Staley was wrong about 1 thing. He believes the teams D played well enough to win the game however if you look at the stats, correct me if I am wrong actually the D played well enough to tie the game!
                    Takes all three facets to get the W.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Luckily most of the ST guys last night won’t be on the team. Additionally, the point of kicking/punting short is to evaluate the coverage unit. Notice that they gave up on that last night after what happened in the first half..
                      However, SOME of them WILL be on our starting ST teams. Now THAT'S scary...

Comment

• nomad1946
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2017
                        • West Yellowstone, Montana
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

However, SOME of them WILL be on our starting ST teams. Now THAT'S scary...
                        But, there are 10 players and the kicker/punter on the coverage team. It only takes 1 or 2 that miss their assignment to allow a long return/TD return, so many of them are actually playing good, most likely.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Staley may have given the D a + for having to deal with offensive turnovers. We don't turn the ball over at our goal line just before the half, it's a different game.

Comment

Working...
                          X