• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post

But, there are 10 players and the kicker/punter on the coverage team. It only takes 1 or 2 that miss their assignment to allow a long return/TD return, so many of them are actually playing good, most likely.
    That classic launch and whiff by Leonard, the gunner on that second TD by Turpin to the house was inexcusable...u just can't launch yourself against a twitchy dude like Turpin...you'll miss 9/10 times...got to stay in your lane and hem him in...

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post

But, there are 10 players and the kicker/punter on the coverage team. It only takes 1 or 2 that miss their assignment to allow a long return/TD return, so many of them are actually playing good, most likely.
      Could be. All have attracted a laser focus from Staley. He commented that they will do the job correctly or we'll find someone who does.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Could be. All have attracted a laser focus from Staley. He commented that they will do the job correctly or we'll find someone who does.
        Well, now Staley has a lot of tape to watch to figure out who to cut...I'm convinced Staley ordered Hoppy to kick it short to test our ST's...I guess it's better to find out in the preseason than when it counts...

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Takes all three facets to get the W.
          True.
          If there's an obvious hole in any unit, it's a point of attack for opponents.
          *weak average doesn't qualify as a hole.
          K / P coverage v Dal =

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

When does RAIDER WEEK start? At the conclusion of the third preseason game? Because I've to some opinions to opine about RE the Week 1 game.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
              Day One...
              • Mar 2019
              • Brentwood, 94513
              • Send PM

Preseason is always a hard watch for me. Backups playing backups, qb who don’t throw like Herbert, fringe players getting blasted at the line, how do you judge things?

I saw a few times where that tight end with the long last name, get pummeled. Poor guy, I want to see ppl succeed, but how do they playing with backups?

That’s why I like these joint practices they have. You get good work in and can see how a player reacts with other talented players around them.

Hurry up… Raider week can not come, quick enough.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                When does RAIDER WEEK start? At the conclusion of the third preseason game? Because I've to some opinions to opine about RE the Week 1 game.
                You could use the AFC West Updates Topic for now. But no one will mind if someone starts the pregame thread now, its just 'early'.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  After final cuts - practice squad signed - starting roster named.
                  Staley says you can start too early and lose focus by the time we play. And you have to know who you're starting vs who their projected starters are.
                  Cut to 53 - Aug 30
                  LVR @ LAC - Sep 11
                  I'd guess the coaches have some ideas but it's early.
                  My guess: the Chargers install Raider specifics start @ Sep 5-6.
                  Until then we're preparing to play against the schedule.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

You could use the AFC West Updates Topic for now. But no one will mind if someone starts the pregame thread now, its just 'early'.
                    I want to save my discussion for when the preseason is over and the focus is fully on the Raiders game.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

After final cuts - practice squad signed - starting roster named.
                      Staley says you can start too early and lose focus by the time we play. And you have to know who you're starting vs who their projected starters are.
                      Cut to 53 - Aug 30
                      LVR @ LAC - Sep 11
                      I'd guess the coaches have some ideas but it's early.
                      My guess: the Chargers install Raider specifics start @ Sep 5-6.
                      Until then we're preparing to play against the schedule.
                      All right, a week’s vacation for the players.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Who is saying that to Staley?

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Who is saying that to Staley?
                          Sounds like most of the Chargers problems are coming from Special Teams play. Sure we're flat with 2nd and 3rd string players but maybe some of these players realize there's not a whole lot of openings on the team and maybe don't care. Who knows. I would say this "Staley needs to start hiring quality coaches especially special teams coaching". If we suck 4 games into the season on special teams and we lose games because of it he may be on the hot seat then.

:smoking:
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X