P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Eurobolt
      *** Jim Harbaugh ***
      • Sep 2018
      • Send PM

Not following offseason so much but can anyone tell please if our ST / kicking / tackling game improved?

We can have 20 players in top 100 NFL rankings but it is ST that always blow us. So it was crucial to improve it, has that new coach from Minnesota improved unit or we still suck?

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
        Not following offseason so much but can anyone tell please if our ST / kicking / tackling game improved?

We can have 20 players in top 100 NFL rankings but it is ST that always blow us. So it was crucial to improve it, has that new coach from Minnesota improved unit or we still suck?
        Still suck.
        kicking-game should be improved, but
        Herbert's gunna have to out score everyone.
        :coffee:
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Lol. Are you married? You and your wife never talk about how things can improve? My wife tells me all the time how I fall short
          Not married ANY MORE! lol

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

All the time you say?

How's that talk working out? lol
            Who knows what Spanos says or doesn't say. I'm guessing not much.
            I’m frankly stunned to read that JR’s wife constantly finds that he’s coming up short. Thats not the JR that we know …
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’m frankly stunned to read that JR’s wife constantly finds that he’s coming up short. Thats not the JR that we know …
              Shocker I know. Very demanding

Comment

• Heatmiser
                BetterToday ThanYesterday
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

The Spani made a mistake hiring Lynn, who was horribly unqualified for the job...
                I agree. It's funny though, I was watching an NFL channel show and someone (maybe Keyshawn Johnson, but not certain) said Staley cost the Chargers due to his clock management and in game decisions. Said the Chargers let go a coach who took them to the playoffs and should have kept him around. How can that idiot not remember Lynn's embarrassing final season? Talk about poor in game coaching and clock management. It was humiliating. But history gets re written all the time and apparently it gets re written quickly

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I agree. It's funny though, I was watching an NFL channel show and someone (maybe Keyshawn Johnson, but not certain) said Staley cost the Chargers due to his clock management and in game decisions. Said the Chargers let go a coach who took them to the playoffs and should have kept him around. How can that idiot not remember Lynn's embarrassing final season? Talk about poor in game coaching and clock management. It was humiliating. But history gets re written all the time and apparently it gets re written quickly

TG
                  Yep...I do agree Staley was over-aggressive at times on some of his calls, but Lynn was much worse, especially his last season for his multiple bonehead decisions, and some of his comments ("Herbert is a backup for a reason"...smh...)...

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

The Spani made a mistake hiring Lynn, who was horribly unqualified for the job...
                    That has nothing to do with professionalism.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

Yep...I do agree Staley was over-aggressive at times on some of his calls, but Lynn was much worse, especially his last season for his multiple bonehead decisions, and some of his comments ("Herbert is a backup for a reason"...smh...)...
                      considering our defense could not stop the run to save their lives, going for it on 4th down makes sense in hindsight.

If the improvements on defense pay off and it’s much more stout this year, then Staley should be a lot less aggressive on 4th downs.

Let’s see how this plays out.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
                        The funny thing is that if you criticize Staley for his aggressiveness and some in game decisions that possibly cost us games, you also have to give him credit when those same things won us some close games. But it doesn't fit the narrative, I guess.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

I remember something about Dean being too engaged in trying to get a new stadium when Lynn was hired but determined to get more involved with replacing him.

Comment

Working...
                          X