• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

This thread was really dragging my PC down. I cleared TPB cache thinking maybe it was way more than 200 posts...but its the views that quadrupled. Lots of lurkers reading this thread. Just as good as posts imo.

This is gonna be a great season. I feel the MOJO early.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

These Athletic reports are subscription. I just want to thank you for doing this for us.
      Right now the Athletic has a $1 a month for 6 months deal. It’s worth it.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        My mantra for training camp - Impress Me. Looks like Leonard did. Finding a corner late in the draft is gold. Hope he keeps it up.

Michael Davis went from #1 corner last year to #4 corner this year. Not good. Especially if he gets passed by Leonard.

Unspoken, but Mack won on the defensive right side, that's Slater's territory.

Salyer at OLG frees up Feiler for ORT duty. Let's see if he gets some snaps there.

And Horvath, that's my guy.
        I don’t know if Davis was ever supposed to be a #1 last year. Maybe #2 given what we paid for him. I still think at worst, he’ll be a #3. You can’t rely on Callahan full time.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Davis is not a starter CB, ideally. Good to have competition.

Comment

• equivocation
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            Which one of you suspicious characters has a Chargers IP address ?
            Players absolutely read forums.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

How many INTs did JT get? Im guessing he got 4 today.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                Davis is not a starter CB, ideally. Good to have competition.
                I just hope he develops some consistency...for the better of course. But I wouldn't be against trading Davis if it was for a sure-handed quick WR (someone who gets open quickly) or maybe a very good running back. Someone who is simply able to get good yardage on the ground consistently. Makes me nervous that we currently only have Eck and Spiller (hopefully) that we can depend on for running the ball well.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  Video highlights, Day 1

Direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CLLCqRmxJ4
                  So no more "dainty" below the ankle socks as Marty used to call them?

Are those padded shells over the helmets to help avoid concussions due to helmet to helmet hits? If so, wondering how they decide who wears them and when? Seems like a mish mash?

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• johnnywyoming
                    Eeyore is Joey's #1 fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Oregon
                    • Retirement
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

...And out saunter the happiest Houston fucks with the biggest stupidest cowboy hats, all chuckling and laughing.

Third in line. Sigh.
                    Yep, I spent 15 years in Wyoming and really got tired of all of the drugstore cowboys... Nevertheless, the Houston game was the last live game I attended. Moved to Oregon the next spring. The game was dreadful, everything that could go wrong went wrong. I remember that there was a huge controversy after the game about the Oilers stealing the Charger's signals. Seems to me that was the beginning of coaches covering their mouths when sending signals in.
                    Thank God for morons. Without them who would the rest of us have to blame things on?

Comment

• eaterfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I don’t know if Davis was ever supposed to be a #1 last year. Maybe #2 given what we paid for him. I still think at worst, he’ll be a #3. You can’t rely on Callahan full time.
                      I don't know why people are so down on Davis, he played pretty well until he got a little nicked up. Additionally, CB is one of the most volatile positions in football. Very few guys are Revis/Bailey. Most will have very good years and bad years. It's not a linear progression. Davis still has the size and speed and the ceiling. Additionally, he should have easier assignments not having to cover everyone's #1 receiver. I think he has a pretty good year this season.
                      Last edited by eaterfan; 07-28-2022, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• JupiterBolt
                        ~ Charger Fan ~
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Jupiter, FL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

So no more "dainty" below the ankle socks as Marty used to call them?

Are those padded shells over the helmets to help avoid concussions due to helmet to helmet hits? If so, wondering how they decide who wears them and when? Seems like a mish mash?

TG
                        I think they said OL, DL, TE, and LBs are required to wear the Guardian Caps.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Vato is better suited at the #2 or #3...he does get a lot of PD's...11 last year, 14 in 2020...plus 3 picks...he's productive, but just can't usually keep up with the opposing team's #1 wideout...

Comment

Working...
                          X