• Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    RIght on Roo. In training camp, I thought the Chargers had a ton of holes on the roster during their Super Bowl season and they did. But Ross got the most out of them and proved the sum is more than the parts.

TG
    In hockey, in the 80's, the NHL made a team loaded of superstars.
    They met a Russian team, the red army.
    Their players have played togheter for years.
    In the 3rd game, they outscored the NHL something like 8-3 or 9-2 !

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
      It’s funny when I read about how light Woods is, I mean, he’s still a kid.

When I joined the Army, I weighed 137. Two years later, I was 180.

The only thing I want from Woods is to cover the deep half of the field well. Allowing James to play up.
      Hell, when I was 20 I gained 30 lbs in 8 wks of basic training at Ft Polk in '65. Real story. 6-0, 160-190 lbs.
      All I could eat in 5 min. 3 times a day, a lot of exercise, lots of running, a lot more exercise. a little of sleep.
      August - Sept in the Louisiana swamps.
      Hot, humid and by God awesome.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I remember teams in the past that signed a handful of free agents but never did improve. That's where the coaching staff comes in - these players need to come together and play as a team, not as individuals, and that's where teams have failed in the past. I'm convinced we have a good group of players, Now I want to see how they function as a team.
        Coaching matters

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          Good to see you B4K! Feels like you have been quiet? Or is it just me? I am getting old

TG
          Hey Heat -- I just took the NFL downtime off from post draft to training camp from posting. I am sure I was repetitive enough as it was with my offseason postings and thoughts as it was . So basically took a couple months off.. I was following more the NBA goings on and the MLB. But now that training camp is back- I will be posting about the Chargers again

Looking forward to the season ahead thats for sure - AFCW is going to be a "tough out" -- as they say. But until somebody beats the Chiefs - its their division and the Chargers, Broncos and Raiders are all just trying

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I remember teams in the past that signed a handful of free agents but never did improve. That's where the coaching staff comes in - these players need to come together and play as a team, not as individuals, and that's where teams have failed in the past. I'm convinced we have a good group of players, Now I want to see how they function as a team.
            I agree. It's a plus factor that Staley had a past coaching relationship with some of the guys and that he's coached some top units in the recent past.
            I believe he has an edge in player confidence going into '22. The players can look around them at talented, quality teammates. But - He and his coaching staff must reward that with team W's ultimately. It's on now.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Hey Heat -- I just took the NFL downtime off from post draft to training camp from posting. I am sure I was repetitive enough as it was with my offseason postings and thoughts as it was . So basically took a couple months off.. I was following more the NBA goings on and the MLB. But now that training camp is back- I will be posting about the Chargers again

Looking forward to the season ahead thats for sure - AFCW is going to be a "tough out" -- as they say. But until somebody beats the Chiefs - its their division and the Chargers, Broncos and Raiders are all just trying
              I agree. Multi year Div Champ KC.
              Worth noting that LAC gave KC their only Div L and took them to OT in KC's W last year.
              Looking forward to seeing them in '22.

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

"Where's the rest of him?" lol

Woods is said to be 6' 2", 188. I'm trying to console myself with the knowledge that Ed Reed wasn't a "size" guy. (5' 11", 200).

Reed's pre-draft 40 time was 4.7, while Woods blazed a 4.36. Woods *should* have ridiculous range.
                Coach Staley mentioned that Woods will be a deep cover guy, and he's speedy. Different position IE CB but the greatest cover guy in the history of the game with speed was Deion Sanders and when he played he was 5'11 182.

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

2021:LAC 165 vs AFCW opponents 148 (3-3)

2022: The Chargers are massively improved in D talent & depth.
                  Offense : yr 2 in Lombardi's O, decent RB2, TE1, R-side OL upgrade, OL depth
                  We are better. They will need to be to compete with LAC.
                  Translated no excuses this year for the Chargers not being a playoff team.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Translated no excuses this year for the Chargers not being a playoff team.
                    Only one...significant injury time to Herbert. Other than that we have significantly more depth than last year.

:cheers:
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                      Day One...
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Brentwood, 94513
                      • Send PM

Coach Staley mentioned that Woods will be a deep cover guy, and he's speedy. Different position IE CB but the greatest cover guy in the history of the game with speed was Deion Sanders and when he played he was 5'11 182.
                      Wow, Deion Sanders like Woods… if only

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Except safeties are required to make tackles. A free safety probably needs to make 5 tackles a game minimum.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Still not one single report out of rookie TC posted in all of TPB? This is very weird, are they really there? Is there really a facility? Does the team really exist in this physical world? Don’t tell me they are still getting instruction on restroom locations, taking in pro NFL meeting attendance tips, filling out their W4s and selecting dental plans?

This is TRAINING CAMP thread, please do not post anything except actual training camp news. News means something NEW - not just a rehash of an opinion already ground to dust in several other threads.

Just don’t post here. I cannot take the micro-aggressive pain of seeing the thread lit up in the index with something new to just find nothing new at all, just more of the same babbling we have all read in every other thread for the last 6 months.

I watched the remake of West Side Story last night in the massive theater. It was Mom’s birthday, but Yeah, a musical! There was no football. I cannot take it, I’m not going to make it to opening day … i just …. Can’t … go …. On!

Arrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X