• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I hope they don't throw Mack out there like McCoy/Pags did to Dwight Feeney.

He's an elder guy and I don't want him worn out by the time of the playoffs......same with Bosa.

I'd like to see Rumph, Van Noy and even Sir Edmund take a lot of snaps at edge this year;
    they'll lose a game that way, but it will be worth it.

Haven't heard anything hyped about Rumph. They'll need Tillery for his versatility.
    Mack is 31. Turned 31 in February. He had half a season off last year. He is not as old as some of us are making him out to be.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
      Brandon Staley believes Storm and Pip are Quality OT's in the NFL. First off I hope he's right! 2nd Is this a FACT or his opinion? To me it seems like TT & Staley really do believe this is a fact, so we'll see.

IF they are in fact not quality OT's jobs could be lost on this based on being a misinterpretation. I wonder if the Rams or Pats HC would regard Pip & Storm as quality OT's??? One thing that is a fact is they sure are not being paid like they are quality OT's. Fingers crossed they really are???????
      "Quality OL" is not a specific definition. Of course they're "quality". Good, bad, indifferent?
      The obvious implication is that they are adequate to our needs.
      Any implication that Staley doesn't know what an NFL starting level RT looks like is a fantasy. The idea that he's intentionally lying begs the question WHY? No interest in a SB run? The whole ALL IN is BS?
      I just don't see it.

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

All I know is if they put one of those guys at RT this season they damn well better not cost us games let alone get Herberts ass kicked bad.Then yes somebodys damn head should roll for bein an idiot.Im trynna be optimistic about those two only cuz we have no choice.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
          All I know is if they put one of those guys at RT this season they damn well better not cost us games let alone get Herberts ass kicked bad.Then yes somebodys damn head should roll for bein an idiot.Im trynna be optimistic about those two only cuz we have no choice.
          This was you being optimistic?

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

You should see him when he's pessimistic.........

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I dunno, I’ll co-sign to what he said. There were options, let’s see how we roll (and ignore what any coach/player says about anybody right now, trust your eyes).

Comment

• Bolts&noles
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Makes you wonder.
                it's like people forget what actually happens during the games..
                Not saying there not improved but its that time of year where just about the whole team has improved.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

I dunno, I’ll co-sign to what he said. There were options, let’s see how we roll (and ignore what any coach/player says about anybody right now, trust your eyes).
                  Were there options? Only one available in FA I thought was an upgrade was Moses, and even then, Jets fans will tell you he was a better run blocker than pass protector.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

There are OT player options on the roster, FA and trade. It's on Staley.
                    Herbert had an exceptionally good 2021. The offense is allegedly evolving in scheme year 2 and has an improved RG, RB2 and arguably RT.
                    A nice feature this year is an organized OTA / training camp and much improved training opponents, such as OT vs elite Edge.
                    Clearly they SHOULD be better.
                    TBD.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

I find myself in the same boat, with all the cool moves that the team made this offseason, for them not to bring in ANYONE, not even a draft pick, to compete with pipkins and norton is really pushing the limits of my wishful thinking. I just don’t believe in the fairy god mother. It’s clear that someone high up is bound and determined to prove that the pipkins pick wasn’t wasted. I just don’t get it, it’s not like they drafted him in the 1st round…
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Mack is 31. Turned 31 in February. He had half a season off last year. He is not as old as some of us are making him out to be.

TG
                        As did Freeney (well a bit older at 33) when he came to the Chargers.

He was a difference maker right away, they played him like he was a young pup.

Keep Freeney healthy and that 2013 team might have snuck into the Super Bowl.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I find myself in the same boat, with all the cool moves that the team made this offseason, for them not to bring in ANYONE, not even a draft pick, to compete with pipkins and norton is really pushing the limits of my wishful thinking. I just don’t believe in the fairy god mother. It’s clear that someone high up is bound and determined to prove that the pipkins pick wasn’t wasted. I just don’t get it, it’s not like they drafted him in the 1st round…
                          Which player sitting home right now could they turn to if Feiler is not an option, and Storm/Pip revert back to last years form?

Duane Brown had played mostly RT at Virginia Tech and his first professional season.

Comment

Working...
                          X