• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

Absolutely! But it just seems silly to have not upgraded the position when it was such a glaringly obvious need and only required one guy to fix it.

I know Xenos said Moses would have been the only available upgrade, but I disagree. I think Kelley and Reiff would have, too. Granted Reiff signed for out of our price range, but maybe he would have been cheaper right after the draft before the Bears got desperate to move on from Jenkins.
    Staley and the FO obviously felt that a great RG was more of a priority than getting a good RT in the draft. They may have also felt that the FA RT market didn’t offer a big enough upgrade over Norton and Pipkins. I wanted Reiff a year ago but am lukewarm now given his age and recent injury.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

No it isn’t. If the D effs up, call it; if the O effs up, call it. No playoffs = blame everywhere.
      If we hit a couple of FGs earlier in the season that were missed, the Bolts would have made the playoffs.

The punt unit was *not* an asset last year. Hopefully they have a line on getting that corrected.

Run defense slurped last year, and the d-backfield was riddled with injuries. There's no shortage of reasons the Chargers missed the playoffs.

If Herb's stats suffered greatly when he was under pressure, singling out RT might make sense. But Herb was the league's best QB under pressure. The line doesn't need to be GREAT in order for Herb to get his job done. We just want to make sure he doesn't get hurt back there.
      Last edited by Ghost of Quacksaw; 08-02-2022, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• charger1993
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

This team doesn't need distractions, and I fear that's what Jenkins would be.

We'll see if Telesco has any interest, but I suspect not.
        He could be a distraction. But sometimes you have to take that risk. The browns to a risk on Watson. Won't have him for 6 games. But I guarantee you that he makes the browns better. At the end of the day if the results out weigh the negatives who cares. If tevon can come in and protect Herbert and open running lanes fuck it.lets make this a Superbowl team. I'm on the gamble on Jenkins for a 5th

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

I'm a little bummed that there hasn't been a peep out of camp regarding IDL Otito Ogbonnia.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Looking forward to better play from the right side of the OL, cuz Johnson >>>>>>>>>>> street signing.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

Absolutely! But it just seems silly to have not upgraded the position when it was such a glaringly obvious need and only required one guy to fix it.
              The OT prospects in the draft were certainly questionable - just like Pip and Storm. They were almost forced to go for a Guard instead of an OT. I think they made the best move they could considering where they were drafting.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Heatmiser
                HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                I'm a little bummed that there hasn't been a peep out of camp regarding IDL Otito Ogbonnia.
                Me, too Quack. Reminds me of Jaimes last training camp. Almost never mentioned in a good or bad way. Just invisible.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Not everybody can be a Salyer.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Storm did a better job the first game against Maxx. I wonder what happened? With that being said, I still think it’s Pipkins job to lose.
                    I think it was game 1, RG Aboushi, game 2, RG Schofield.
                    At least that supports pick 17 - Zion.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                      The OT prospects in the draft were certainly questionable - just like Pip and Storm. They were almost forced to go for a Guard instead of an OT. I think they made the best move they could considering where they were drafting.
                      The Chargers *could have* selected OT Trevor Penning, but took G Zion Johnson, instead, despite having a more urgent need (apparently) at tackle than at guard. (Penning went to the Saints two picks later, at #19)

The Chargers' braintrust liked Zion more, and we'll find out pretty soon whether or not they were right.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                        Fluent in Sarcasm
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Iowa
                        • Man of the People
                        • Send PM

We’ve already discussed Penning ad nauseam, can we pretty please try and at least keep our TC thread about players that we actually have at TC? Maybe wait to discuss what could have been for when some games have been played?

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                          We’ve already discussed Penning ad nauseam, can we pretty please try and at least keep our TC thread about players that we actually have at TC? Maybe wait to discuss what could have been for when some games have been played?
                          sah-REE <jeesh!>

Comment

Working...
                          X