• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Picture 3, JT Woods. Where’s the rest of him? Skinny and weak aren’t the twin qualities of a good football player.
    "Where's the rest of him?" lol

Woods is said to be 6' 2", 188. I'm trying to console myself with the knowledge that Ed Reed wasn't a "size" guy. (5' 11", 200).

Reed's pre-draft 40 time was 4.7, while Woods blazed a 4.36. Woods *should* have ridiculous range.

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Picture 3, JT Woods. Where’s the rest of him? Skinny and weak aren’t the twin qualities of a good football player.
      I noticed the same thing. He looked like a wideout. I’ll probably cringe if he needs to tackle Hunt as the last line of D. He needs to hang out with the DL/OL to gain some weight.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

The rest of him is on Salyer

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Any bold predictions here for TC and roster?

I’ll start with 2 of my own.

1. Easton Stick beats out Chase Daniel for QB2

Reason: the reason why I’m picking this because this is Stick’s second year in the system and offers more athletic ability than Daniels. Daniels has been in this system and hasn’t done anything to suggest he is the better player. This is the year Stick unseats him by having a good TC and preseason.

2. Joshua Kelly is released and Rountree to PS. They carry 3 rookie RBs.

Reason: Kelly has done nothing to show he has improved. Rountree had a 2.8 YPC last year, so stashing him on the PS should be easy along with Marks. That leaves Ek, Spiller, Brown and Horvath. I think they only keep 4 including FB.
          The reason I keep Brown over Rountree or Kelly is because he is more of a complete back than Kelly or Rountree. I think if Brown is cut, there is more of a chance a team picks him up over Rountree.
          And the reason for only 4 total, because I can definitely see them using Horvath in the running game more than they ever did or thought of with Nabers.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Go for it on fourth.
            Zion has massive power calves.
            wu has to leave now...
            Last edited by wu-dai clan; 07-22-2022, 10:29 AM.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

In 6 days PB forum members can post their own observations. https://www.chargers.com/camp/

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

The point was, Salyer's limitations (height, elite agility, quickness) very likely CAN'T be masked at tackle in the NFL, but it's entirely possible that those same 'limitations' won't limit his ability to be effective at guard. So personally, I think there's ZERO chance we him at RT. The good news is that it's realistic to think that he can be a significant upgrade over some of the O-linemen who graced the roster in 2021.
                Jeez, sounds like he can’t even play, lol.

Agree he likely projects to OG, but how many college RTs handled the top pass rushers as well as him? These are players projected to be elite, he made them
                look ordinary. My prediction: he’s our new backup swing tackle/guard. Someone who can step in at four positions is extremely valuable.

Comment

• electricgold
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

And so it begins. We need to have a 10 plus sack season from both Khalil Mack & Bosa with solid CB play all while Derwin is flying around making plays. If this happens like it could and should our D is going to be NICE!!!!

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

I don't go into great depth like some people here and I knew who he was and his general scouting report. Maybe I saw it on Chargers twitter though.

This board was VERY much looking at OT propsects forst and foremost. Some were looking at IOL round 1. Almost no one was looking at IOL round 3.

Regardless, OL take time to develop and drafting guys like Jaimes and Salyer in a late rounds every year means having good OL depth. Depth is good.

For "weak link" units (OL, DB) I support taking a quantity approach. Draft CB and OL every single year.
                    Still it would really suck if Penning made the probowl his rookie season and we missed the playoffs in spite of Solid OG play!

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Jeez, sounds like he can’t even play, lol.

Agree he likely projects to OG, but how many college RTs handled the top pass rushers as well as him? These are players projected to be elite, he made them
                      look ordinary. My prediction: he’s our new backup swing tackle/guard. Someone who can step in at four positions is extremely valuable.
                      Oline is a very tricky position to build correctly. The pats won superbowls with starting Olineman drafted in the 6 round.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Woods is not the kind of safety who is going to fill the box or light you up for catching a pass over the middle. He aint' Rodney Harrison. I don't know if that kind of safety is still effective in the NFL now, to be honest. Woods is the kind of safety who can actually cover and will take away parts of the field so those big hits dont need to be made. And look at it this way, it cuts down on the personal foul calls.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Still it would really suck if Penning made the probowl his rookie season and we missed the playoffs in spite of Solid OG play!
                          I'm thinking that's *really* unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                          X