• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I was expecting Spiller to be a walk away #2 but I’ve been reading absolutely nothing on him. All ive read is Kelly this Kelly that … i need better sources
    Coaches like his skills as a pass catcher: soft hands, good coordination in air when tracking the football.......they are pleased.

That's what I heard: don't know how they think of him as a runner.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Agree with whomever said re Kelley, it’s not his diet or conditioning, but his decision-making. Not sure eating kale and doing yoga helps much with that.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

It wasn’t Spiller’s footsteps because Kelley said he changed his nutrition and workouts this past offseason to improve explosiveness and strength.

He recognized his deficiencies last season and focused to improve them.

and there’s plenty of examples of RB’s who took a few years to emerge. James White, SB MVP, had two forgettable years before he excelled for the Patriots.

LT’s best year was his 6th in the league.

Could we please wait for at least the preseason games before we throw players under the bus?

I throw no one under the bus. It sounds like my post might have struck a different chord with you than intended.

Kelley ? Him and I are both Bruins. Spiller ? I Follow Fred Spiller on Twitter.

James White ? I can still hear Pat Kirwin describing White as THE best at pass pro in Mobile. He was fundamentally sound out of the gate. Opportunity came later.

My theme here recently has been that we as loyal Charger fans need to embrace the fact the our team is a serious Super Bowl contender. Let's build positive Aloha, positive vibrations.

JMO.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

It wasn’t Spiller’s footsteps because Kelley said he changed his nutrition and workouts this past offseason to improve explosiveness and strength.

He recognized his deficiencies last season and focused to improve them.

and there’s plenty of examples of RB’s who took a few years to emerge. James White, SB MVP, had two forgettable years before he excelled for the Patriots.

LT’s best year was his 6th in the league.

Could we please wait for at least the preseason games before we throw players under the bus?

Huge mistake to mention LT in a post about late developing RBs. Dude was a stud from day one

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

There were some people in the version of the message board back in the day that was questioning him for the 1st couple of years. LT was somewhat productive, but since he was eclipsed by Portis and Preist Homes was in the division, there were people who questioned him, and whether he had the ability to be a top-notch back. His lack of long runs and pass-catching as a rookie stood out as areas that needed work, as I recall.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              There were some people in the version of the message board back in the day that was questioning him for the 1st couple of years. LT was somewhat productive, but since he was eclipsed by Portis and Preist Homes was in the division, there were people who questioned him, and whether he had the ability to be a top-notch back. His lack of long runs and pass-catching as a rookie stood out as areas that needed work, as I recall.
              He also had some fumbling issues as a rook.

I remember, following his first season, thinking he looked like a really good back, but not necessarily a great one.

His line wasn't especially good, and what else did the team have to rely on, offensively? I'm sure that contributed to less-than-spectacular rookie numbers.
              Last edited by Ghost of Quacksaw; 08-12-2022, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

He also had some fumbling issues as a rook.

I remember, following his first season, thinking he looked like a really good back, but not necessarily a great one.

His line wasn't especially good, and what else did the team have to rely on, offensively? I'm sure that contributed to less-than-stellar rookie numbers.
                Talk about up the gut for nada.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Talking about LT here in a discussion of Spiller and Kelly seems so beside the point to me. These guys aren’t LT
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                    Talking about LT here in a discussion of Spiller and Kelly seems so beside the point to me. These guys aren’t LT
                    The point is, no matter how good a back is, it's really difficult for him to shine when his line stinks.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

The point is, no matter how good a back is, it's really difficult for him to shine when his line stinks.
                      100% agree but that wasnt the point being discussed about LT at all.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

I really liked what I saw of Kelley in college. He seemed explosive there. And now I'm reading that he has more explosiveness at the pro level finally. This could be very good.
                        If you watch Kelly's college tape, he had some wide holes to run through and just was explosive enough when he didn't, but holes close faster in the NFL and his burst was just not there.

ill believe he has more burst when i see it.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Utah
                          • Midnight Toker
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          I wasn't in that class. I remember vividly being so eager to watch him play. I just knew after game one we had a keeper. Year 2 I was convinced we had an emerging superstar.

Comment

Working...
                          X