Cowboys @ Chargers Preseason Game Day Thread (PS #2)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Wow Riley 2.0. You just touched the third rail. But I agree. We’re in for a let down
    Im not gonna say that. lol I just dot want him to be that. I expect our starters to kick ass. I really do. But they may have to dig deep on their own. Football players should not be playing as beat up and soft as we did tonight. Our D starters should have Dog baked into the cake already. I see a lot of it with Rumph.

Everyone keep saying its just preseason and these are just back ups. lol. Its the philosophy of it. Its the same on the other side...why do they have so much more fight? Just od to me. These are hard ass football players. I think they are tired. I think teams are running really aggressive camps and i just hope its not week 8 that we are finally in shape and ready to play harcore football.

We have Justin Herbert. And we have studs on D. We should do good things. But im not ready to go into the season comfortable with our depth. I want to see better play.

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I agree, I like him..... but I think he needs to get pissed off at least once in awhile......
      I guess even coming out and saying its just terrible football and hes pissed is too much for some. I guess im just too old school for most here. Ive seen McVey rage. How many times have we heard players take on the personalities of their coach? My hope is that he shows it to these guys off camera. But he doesnt really project that Alpha type personality.

Is what is it. Ill cool it for the rest of the night. Im a perfectionist. I just expect better with what we had out there. Im not ok with it. And for those who are not ok with me not being ok with it? I dont give a shit.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

And then just run him. lol He is a nice little runner and we have never really let him take advantage of that. But still....we lose Herbs its gonna be tough sledding.
        Stick totally reminds me of a Bears QB from the 1970's...Bobby Douglas. He was only good at one thing - running the ball. Stick seems better at passing than Douglas but it's not what he's best at. Stick is quick and fast and made for running. Like that dude in New Orleans (Taysom Hill?).

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

He seems so sad. lol I love his heart. He is a great man. A passionate light a fire under the asses of your players type? Just not seeing that yet. I want him to work out so bad.

Yep. It’s sad.

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I guess I respectfully disagree about fiery pressers. I don’t think that helps at all.
            Thats fine. Your projection of what i consider fiery might be more than what i expect though. Its ok to call your players out. Its ok to say they looked like crap. Its ok to be upset and show some passion or maybe a smidge of frustration that its not ok. But sullen and subdued? Passive? Not me man.

Cheers

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Take away the screw ups on STs and the chargers played an 18-18 tie, this despite losing the turnover battle and giving the cowboys a really short field on one of those turnovers. Then also we saw the 2nd -3rd team defense tackle poorly again and allow too much rushing yards. So overall the defense basically played like a staley defense from last year but they played well enough to win, our offense was the biggest let down for me, bad play calling, horrible offensive line play, dropped passes, bad timing and late passes, underthrown passes, tipped passes at the LOS, so so RB play our backs could have done better in protection too, kelley still makes poor choices and misses too many opportunities etc…the rest of the guys didn’t show much if anything…
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Send PM

I guess even coming out and saying its just terrible football and hes pissed is too much for some. I guess im just too old school for most here. Ive seen McVey rage. How many times have we heard players take on the personalities of their coach? My hope is that he shows it to these guys off camera. But he doesnt really project that Alpha type personality.

Is what is it. Ill cool it for the rest of the night. Im a perfectionist. I just expect better with what we had out there. Im not ok with it. And for those who are not ok with me not being ok with it? I dont give a shit.
                I was a huge fan of the Steelers in the 1970's. Their success was all about their authentic toughness. Not some fake-ass John Wayne shit. Real toughness. Of course you pay a price for that toughness. Center Mike Webster developed brain damage after so many years run-blocking so much. And he did it extremely well.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Tell you what about that presser, staley said “we watch the rest of the league too so if you can’t perform we’ll find someone who can”…not yelling with volume but definitely some strong words there…
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Send PM

Thats fine. Your projection of what i consider fiery might be more than what i expect though. Its ok to call your players out. Its ok to say they looked like crap. Its ok to be upset and show some passion or maybe a smidge of frustration that its not ok. But sullen and subdued? Passive? Not me man.

Cheers
                    When you say regression are you alluding to a state of learned helplessness (Martin Seligman). That makes sense to me. A lot of sense.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Cheers
                      I wouldn’t care about pressers if I had the confidence that inside of the locker room he was lighting guys up. But I do t think he’s any different. He’s just an analytical guy who might not be tough enough. Belichick is a dough boy in pressers but we all know damn well he’s not having it when the cameras are off

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Damn what a boring game. Many players aren't going to be on the roster. There are a few players who have good things coming their way though.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I was referring to their back-ups that played in the rest of the game, most of them probably play on STs for the cowboys, I saw some good pass rushers, defensive linemen, linebackers, RBs, TEs, and offensive linemen. The only area where it seemed to me that the chargers might have an edge depth-wise was at WR and that’s a maybe…
                          You do realize the Cowboys offense scored as many points as ours did right? And 7 of those were after a fumble at their 20 yard line. Their offense didnt do much. They only had 2 legit drives.

They only had 134 passing yards and 115 rushing.

Our STs coverage and a Stick fumble helped them win.

Comment

Working...
                          X