Chargers @ Chiefs Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 2)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Same problem with all our QBs past and present. Throw quick inside and your receivers are not ready and it's a quick interception. Now we're blaming our boy wonder for the rest of the teams miscues? Other players are failing as well including our coaching staff. Why the fuck do we have mediocre OC and Mediocre back up QBs? Sorry, I'd rather have Herbert to watch week in and week out vs. the retards we have running the show.
    Agree, rather have Herbie. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post
      Seemed like Everett was supposed to cut in but he cut out. One of the problems when you run no huddle is all the receivers may not be getting the play calls as clearly as when you’re in the huddle. Especially when a player is trying to go off to the sidelines to check out, I doubt he got the play call at all. He just lined up and winged it.
      Yeah, that’s exactly what it looked like to me, like he never thought it was coming to him at all.

Comment

• Katdnzr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Still to pissed off to think clearly but why the hurry up no huddle strategy? We were dominating! Take your time and dismantle them. The hurry up caused more confusion on the Charger players then it did the Chiefs!

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Katdnzr View Post
          Still to pissed off to think clearly but why the hurry up no huddle strategy? We were dominating! Take your time and dismantle them. The hurry up caused more confusion on the Charger players then it did the Chiefs!
          It worked to our advantage several times and we converted 3rd and 4th downs with it. But it has hurt as as well.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            Mike Florio is beating the drum for the Chargers on the Asante Samuel INT that was overturned. Second thing he's written about today.

When the league shifted authority over replay review from the various stadiums to the league office, the goal was simple and clear: To ensure consistency in the application of the replay standard.

I will say, I feel a lot better now that the national media
            recognizes that we got robbed, and that Herbert is a machine.
            Feel vindicated, thank god the game was on prime time for all to see.
            Also a good feeling to hear arrowhead stadium so quiet while on the verge of a victory yesterday as they saw Herbert show more football character in 2 minutes than usual.
            I think Herbert commanded respect from even KC fans, on the downlow at least.

We're coming.
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post
              I seriously have doubts about Staley and always have since last year and all the 4th down plays.....We have all this talent now and to blow a game like last nite. We should have been more aggressive in the first half, we should sit Eckler cause he is too small...and stop rotating backs so much...just stay with one or two..I like that NE veteran.,..and blitz more now that we have all these guys. I mean...we lost anyway...why not go for it? (not on 4th down though)....the play calling was better under Lynn. And no matter how the guys play..." I am proud of the way these guys.battled....l...""" yadha yadah yadah...Belichick and and Parcells were never satisfied ...would never say such a thing....he will waste the season and the owners etc will let him. Anyone want to buy 4 tickets to the Chiefs game in November? I don't wanna waste over $700 to watch this bum coach ruin this team.
              Blitzing more plays into Mahomes and KC’s offense. It’s why Arizona got blown out.

Also I think it’s weird that you didn’t like Staley’s 4th down calls last year but also wanted him to be more aggressive in this game.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I will say, I feel a lot better now that the national media
                recognizes that we got robbed, and that Herbert is a machine.
                Feel vindicated, thank god the game was on prime time for all to see.
                Also a good feeling to hear arrowhead stadium so quiet while on the verge of a victory yesterday as they saw Herbert show more football character in 2 minutes than usual.
                I think Herbert commanded respect from even KC fans, on the downlow at least.

We're coming.
                Herbert out-played Mahomes. The Chargers out-played the Chiefs. The defense shut down Mahomes and Andy Reid's offense. Blown calls by the referees gifted the game to the Chiefs. I'm not complaining. I'm not a conspiracy theorist who thinks the games are fixed, or that the refs are told to favor one team over another. I think that is ridiculous. But refs do make mistakes, they are human. And yesterday they made mistakes that took victory from the Chargers and handed it to the Chiefs.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Herbert out-played Mahomes. The Chargers out-played the Chiefs. The defense shut down Mahomes and Andy Reid's offense. Blown calls by the referees gifted the game to the Chiefs. I'm not complaining. I'm not a conspiracy theorist who thinks the games are fixed, or that the refs are told to favor one team over another. I think that is ridiculous. But refs do make mistakes, they are human. And yesterday they made mistakes that took victory from the Chargers and handed it to the Chiefs.
                  The refs made mistakes and so did the Chargers. The chiefs made mistakes too but the Chargers didn’t make them pay for their mistakes. We paid for ours.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

The offense hasn't been able to run the ball "according to plan". Josh Kelley is doing fine, and nobody's going to complain about Zander Horvath, but the Chargers are not running the ball the way they want to. I'm not blaming Ekeler. I think it's the line.

We haven't seen Spiller yet, so there's an unknown component waiting to be debuted, but-- the offense has, by and large, had to rely on the pass to move the chains.

Khalil Mack wasn't the presence in this game that he was vs. the Raiders, and Joey Bosa's name wasn't associated much with impact plays. KC found a way to largely neutralize them both. It was a winnable game, and the Bolts did, in fact, make it close. But they didn't play like the better team.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                      The offense hasn't been able to run the ball "according to plan". Josh Kelley is doing fine, and nobody's going to complain about Zander Horvath, but the Chargers are not running the ball the way they want to. I'm not blaming Ekeler. I think it's the line.

We haven't seen Spiller yet, so there's an unknown component waiting to be debuted, but-- the offense has, by and large, had to rely on the pass to move the chains.

Khalil Mack wasn't the presence in this game that he was vs. the Raiders, and Joey Bosa's name wasn't associated much with impact plays. KC found a way to largely neutralize them both. It was a winnable game, and the Bolts did, in fact, make it close. But they didn't play like the better team.
                      Zion Johnson held Chris Jones to zero impact. What did Spags do? He moved him to Feiler’s side and Jones abused him. What adjustments did we make to get Mack and Bosa better looks? Any stunts? I did t see any. Anything g else? Or are we playing vanilla defense and offense and just counting on superior talent

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post
                        I seriously have doubts about Staley and always have since last year and all the 4th down plays.....We have all this talent now and to blow a game like last nite. We should have been more aggressive in the first half, we should sit Eckler cause he is too small...and stop rotating backs so much...just stay with one or two..I like that NE veteran.,..and blitz more now that we have all these guys. I mean...we lost anyway...why not go for it? (not on 4th down though)....the play calling was better under Lynn. And no matter how the guys play..." I am proud of the way these guys.battled....l...""" yadha yadah yadah...Belichick and and Parcells were never satisfied ...would never say such a thing....he will waste the season and the owners etc will let him. Anyone want to buy 4 tickets to the Chiefs game in November? I don't wanna waste over $700 to watch this bum coach ruin this team.
                        Ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                          Beef Before Gazelles
                          • May 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Zion Johnson held Chris Jones to zero impact. What did Spags do? He moved him to Feiler’s side and Jones abused him. What adjustments did we make to get Mack and Bosa better looks? Any stunts? I did t see any. Anything g else? Or are we playing vanilla defense and offense and just counting on superior talent
                          Makes me wonder.

Comment

Working...
                          X