Chargers @ Chiefs Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 2)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • perryao
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Zion Johnson held Chris Jones to zero impact. What did Spags do? He moved him to Feiler’s side and Jones abused him. What adjustments did we make to get Mack and Bosa better looks? Any stunts? I did t see any. Anything g else? Or are we playing vanilla defense and offense and just counting on superior talent
    Good lord man, they held the chiefs to 20 points and created 3 turnovers if the refs don't screw the chargers out of two of them and Samuel doesn't botch a sure pick 6. And the front seven, for the most part, followed what seemed to be the game plan- stay in your rush gaps and keep PM in the pocket. It's tough to get "pin back your ears and kamikazee to the qb" type pressure playing disciplined pass rush. Still, the Chargers had pretty good pressure. I think our expectations are a bit unrealistic.

Comment

• perryao
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Zion Johnson held Chris Jones to zero impact. What did Spags do? He moved him to Feiler’s side and Jones abused him. What adjustments did we make to get Mack and Bosa better looks? Any stunts? I did t see any. Anything g else? Or are we playing vanilla defense and offense and just counting on superior talent
      The biggest adjustments Spagnola made was taking Lindsley and Pippens out and putting Clapp and Norton in. Pure genius on his part.

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I looked at it again today. There is no clear evidence that it wasn't a pick. That play never should have been overruled. I hate to gripe about officiating but this time, they should have let the ruling on the field stand.
        No clear evidence visually is the measuring stick if the call can be overturned or not, and there wasn't we just see the tip of the ball hitting the ground however we in fact at the same time see his hand under the ball with control of it. Ultimately AS should of picked it off prior but it doesn't negate the fact there is no clear evidence, but the argument is there is clear evidence the tip of the ball hit the ground and that's the evidence. Sucks the TE just didn't sit down, because JH threw the pick but the TE was at fault in the play. Wish Donald Parham would have played in this game because he would of ran on the field for this play.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

No clear evidence visually is the measuring stick if the call can be overturned or not, and there wasn't we just see the tip of the ball hitting the ground however we in fact at the same time see his hand under the ball with control of it. Ultimately AS should of picked it off prior but it doesn't negate the fact there is no clear evidence, but the argument is there is clear evidence the tip of the ball hit the ground and that's the evidence. Sucks the TE just didn't sit down, because JH threw the pick but the TE was at fault in the play. Wish Donald Parham would have played in this game because he would of ran on the field for this play IF LOMBO DOESN'T GO HURRY-UP O, AND IF LOMBO OR STALEY HAS THE SENSE TO TAKE OUT A GASSED EVERETT. (That's two mighty big IF's).
          There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by perryao View Post

Good lord man, they held the chiefs to 20 points and created 3 turnovers if the refs don't screw the chargers out of two of them and Samuel doesn't botch a sure pick 6. And the front seven, for the most part, followed what seemed to be the game plan- stay in your rush gaps and keep PM in the pocket. It's tough to get "pin back your ears and kamikazee to the qb" type pressure playing disciplined pass rush. Still, the Chargers had pretty good pressure. I think our expectations are a bit unrealistic.
            And it must be remembered that Bosa/Mack were assigned "contain" as Mahomes is particularly dangerous outside the pocket.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

We’re all salty. We lost to our principal rivals in the division in a game we could have won by eliminating a couple of unforced errors and our franchise qb/savior was badly hurt. It’s gonna take some time to get over it

Comment

• perryao
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

And it must be remembered that Bosa/Mack were assigned "contain" as Mahomes is particularly dangerous outside the pocket.
                Exactly. And it worked. PM is a way more effective QB outside the pocket on ad lib plays.

Another thing that I haven't seen mentioned is the performance of punter JK Scott. I mean, 38 and 34 (from his own end zone admittedly) yard punts under when not trying to get it inside the 20 is not good enough.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by perryao View Post

Exactly. And it worked. PM is a way more effective QB outside the pocket on ad lib plays.

Another thing that I haven't seen mentioned is the performance of punter JK Scott. I mean, 38 and 34 (from his own end zone admittedly) yard punts under when not trying to get it inside the 20 is not good enough.
                  Yeah Scott has been/will be better.
                  Field position is so important.
                  At least we are creating interception opportunities.
                  A StaleyD must have.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                    out of the plays that I saw, and not sure how everyone here is so convinced that Asante dropped an INT, as the one I saw in the endzone (?) the (taller) receiver made a good play to knock it out of his hands/grasp.

would also venture that the ref who signaled that Ekeler was still in bounds and to keep the clock running, would prolly be the same ref, for the if and when Ek was able to elude the defender's grasp, and took off for a sizeable gain.... would signal, that no, Ekeler was in fact/indeed out of bounds at the initial point of contact.... ??

and can't say that I had much of an opinion on the apparent Adderley INT, but not sure the wideout didn't wrassle our guy off of him upon the initial contact.... not sure the right call was made ??
                    That was a bad call too. It was under 2 min and the announcers said as much as well. That was a simple blown call to keep the clock running and no other ref stepped in.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

We’re all salty. We lost to our principal rivals in the division in a game we could have won by eliminating a couple of unforced errors and our franchise qb/savior was badly hurt. It’s gonna take some time to get over it
                      I am just disgusted about this injury. It cuts deep. And Bosa has been called for many a ticky tack Roughing the Passer.

Bezos handed Roger the script before the game. Roger relayed it to the Zebras. This game was just not allowed to be a Charger blowout, in spite of it trending that way early. (somewhat facetious.)

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Agree and i wanted to win this game badly but im over it. Its game 2 and we get them again at a time that will be more crucial. Im more worried about our key injuries now, even though both Linslay and Pip should be fine next week but Herb...........thats huge and just hope he can cope with his injury.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                          also surprised that KC's OTs held up as well as they did against Bosa 'n Mack.... do any of the more knowledgeable Oline observers have some commentary/observations there ?? as did appreciate the observation that Zion took care of his biz against Chris Jones.... that is a big testament to his possible/potential Pro Bowl bid, even as a rookie ??
                          Not more knowledgable but IMV Orlando Brown Jr is not a particularly good matchup for Bosa or Mack. It's the length + anchor.

We should have had Andrew Wylie for lunch. It must have been concerns over Mahomes mobility.

Comment

Working...
                          X