Chargers @ Chiefs Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 2)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foreigner
    Tom Telesco is gone
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

I think we did really good at arrowhead... it wasnt easy on that hostile environment... Lombardi needs to get his shit together.. thats for sure...

Comment

• DennisR91
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2021
      • Send PM

Both games I’ve seen the opposing qb in pocket
      good pass rush by chargers and opposing qb through the ball uncatchable out of bounds. I thought this was intentional grounding but they never call it.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DennisR91 View Post
        good pass rush by chargers and opposing qb through the ball uncatchable out of bounds. I thought this was intentional grounding but they never call it.
        I think if there's a receiver in the area and the ball comes within 5 yards of him they wont call it even if the ball is thrown ten feet above his head. Also if you get it past the line of scrimmage there's almost zero chance of that happening because there's almost always someone close to the ball during trajectory. It has to be really flagrant for them to call it these days.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

I still haven't gotten over this loss. That's not good.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DennisR91 View Post
            If the QB is in the pocket and throws it beyond the line of scrimmage it's not grounding.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              This is a good sign and I hope the rest of the Charger players feel this way also. Sometimes you have to experience the bitter tears of defeat before enjoying the victory laps.
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

I don't see the loss at KC as a big deal. It would've been ideal to win that game, for sure. But the Chargers played well, and it could be argued they were the better team. If the Chargers had been totally out-classed, I would not be happy. But they weren't out-classed and showed they are entirely capable of beating the Chiefs. We get a rematch against the Chiefs in LA in November.

The Chiefs have a first place schedule and their road ahead is tougher than the Chargers. They have to play the Bills, the Bucs in Tampa and the Bengals in Cincinnati. These teams are not on the Chargers schedule. I don't see the Chiefs beating the Bills. That game is in week 6, before the rematch with the Chiefs at SoFi Week 11. I guess it depends on the health of Herbert, whether he can continue to play. But chances are when Week 11 rolls around the Chiefs and Chargers will have the same W-L record and Week 11 game decides the division winner.

The Chiefs game in KC may be the toughest game the Chargers play during the regular season.

Looking beyond the regular season - the Bills no longer look like the sure-fire No. 1 seed because they were the clear top dog in a bad division. But the emergence of Tuanon in Miami changes the dynamic in the AFC East. These two teams play in Miami next weekend. That's going to be a great game to watch.

Comment

• DennisR91
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2021
                  • Send PM

From nfl.com

**INTENTIONAL GROUNDING

It is a foul for intentional grounding if a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage because of pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion. A realistic chance of completion is defined as a pass that is thrown in the direction of and lands in the vicinity of an originally eligible receiver.

So he has to be out of the pocket before he can throw sideline

:/

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I haven’t gotten over last year’s final loss, so I feel ya.

Comment

• nomad1946
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2017
                      • West Yellowstone, Montana
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

I really feel that the loss of KA really gave Herbi problems. To me it looked like some of the short passes were outlet passes, not primary. It looked like he made 2 or 3 reads and did not find anyone open enough for him to throw the ball to, so he hit the outlet receiver.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Me neither. And usually, I feel like losing to the Chiefs is not so bad because they are perenially in the AFC championship. And it is really eating at me that it is so long before the next game. I feel you Brother. But I guess some of this is because I feel the Chargers are a lot better than they used to be. So close to winning at home in OT vs Chiefs last season and really feel could have won Thursday if even 2 of the 4 picks came through.

But the 10 days gives Linsley, Keenan, Parham, Herbert and yes, Pipkins, more time to heal up.

Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post
                          I really feel that the loss of KA really gave Herbi problems. To me it looked like some of the short passes were outlet passes, not primary. It looked like he made 2 or 3 reads and did not find anyone open enough for him to throw the ball to, so he hit the outlet receiver.
                          Yes, when your perennial Pro Bowl WR is not in the game, it changes how the defense covers your receivers and they don't get as open. Let this be a reminder of how much KA means to this offense, and when posters start talking about it's time to trade KA, it 's like :ml:

Intitially I wasn't that worried because I thought Palmer would step in and fill KA's shoes admirably, like he did last season when KA had to miss games, but he's not the same player early this season that he was in the 2nd half of last season. So this offense needs KA.

Comment

Working...
                          X