Chargers @ Chiefs Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 2)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Yes, when your perennial Pro Bowl WR is not in the game, it changes how the defense covers your receivers and they don't get as open. Let this be a reminder of how much KA means to this offense, and when posters start talking about it's time to trade KA, it 's like :ml:

Intitially I wasn't that worried because I thought Palmer would step in and fill KA's shoes admirably, like he did last season when KA had to miss games, but he's not the same player early this season that he was in the 2nd half of last season. So this offense needs KA.
    There's a reason why KA has become the go to guy on 3rd down. he's the only guy we have who can get open right off the line of scrimmage. MW doesn't do that, Palmer doesn't, Guyton can't, maybe Carter will be able to. In that KC game there were numerous times when Herbert went through 3-4 progressions and couldn't find anyone.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

There's a reason why KA has become the go to guy on 3rd down. he's the only guy we have who can get open right off the line of scrimmage. MW doesn't do that, Palmer doesn't, Guyton can't, maybe Carter will be able to. In that KC game there were numerous times when Herbert went through 3-4 progressions and couldn't find anyone.
      Well I was hoping Palmer could take up that mantel. But so far he's not that guy. Not showing it this season anyway.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Rusty WRs.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
          So in the Bucs Saints game there was an interception almost identical to AS Jr's ....

The refs gave the int to the bucs.

So we now know the Chiefs and the Bucs get the calls because this would make the most attractive superbowl.

Kind of hard to win a close game when this sort of thing goes down.
          In the Raiders Cards game, there was a 2 pt PAT reception to tie the game at the end. It was much less control than ASJ’s INT, but they concluded there wasn’t enough evidence to overturn. The ASJ overturn was bullshit 100% straight up. Just as the illegal contact on the prior INT was complete bullshit, on that play the receiver ran straight at the DB and initiated the contact and pushed him.

2 INTs overruled that both led to KC scores.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

If the QB is in the pocket and throws it beyond the line of scrimmage it's not grounding.
            The rule is if the QB is OUTSIDE THE TACKLE and throws it beyond the LOS, not in the pocket. That “tackle” boundary is always a wandering wonder on how refs will call it though. But sitting in the pocket is definitely not outside the tackles

QBs can throw it away inside the pocket if they are not at immediate risk of a sack. we see QBs throw it out the back of end zone all the time when the play is not there, I don’t recall any flagrant possible grounding plays in the KC game, myself. Just throwing a bad pass and missing your receiver is not grounding
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• TDSD
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              I don't see the loss at KC as a big deal. It would've been ideal to win that game, for sure. But the Chargers played well, and it could be argued they were the better team. If the Chargers had been totally out-classed, I would not be happy. But they weren't out-classed and showed they are entirely capable of beating the Chiefs. We get a rematch against the Chiefs in LA in November.

The Chiefs have a first place schedule and their road ahead is tougher than the Chargers. They have to play the Bills, the Bucs in Tampa and the Bengals in Cincinnati. These teams are not on the Chargers schedule. I don't see the Chiefs beating the Bills. That game is in week 6, before the rematch with the Chiefs at SoFi Week 11. I guess it depends on the health of Herbert, whether he can continue to play. But chances are when Week 11 rolls around the Chiefs and Chargers will have the same W-L record and Week 11 game decides the division winner.
              I think the Chargers can definitely win the division. There's no way the Chiefs would overlook a divisional opponent at home. If that's what it takes for the Chiefs to beat the Chargers in KC...the Bolts may very well be the better team

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

In the Raiders Cards game, there was a 2 pt PAT reception to tie the game at the end. It was much less control than ASJ’s INT, but they concluded there wasn’t enough evidence to overturn. The ASJ overturn was bullshit 100% straight up. Just as the illegal contact on the prior INT was complete bullshit, on that play the receiver ran straight at the DB and initiated the contact and pushed him.

2 INTs overruled that both led to KC scores.
                Because its rigged.The NFL apparently decided KC will win our first meeting.Sucks dont it.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Because its rigged.The NFL apparently decided KC will win our first meeting.Sucks dont it.
                  I have these to show you.

Players are in on the rigging too. I've said this many times. Players get paid to contribute to the rigging.

#nfl #rigged The NFL is purely entertainment just enjoy it for what it is! Instagram: deleonjohnson92

As you can see, players on the defense are allowing the offensive players on the opposing team to do things to convert and make plays.

I think Burrow was playing a part in the "script" when he threw 5 INTs to the Steelers.

This whole thing about games being fixed is deeper than people think. I'm afraid players on our beloved team are contributing and causing fans anguish.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

On this evenings "Ler's Go" Larry Fitzgerald had some interesting comments.

He sees great deficiencies in coverage from the Chiefs defensive backfield.

Considering that this is LF, the opinion is noteworthy.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                      Outback Goon
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Australia
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Players are in on the rigging too. I've said this many times. Players get paid to contribute to the rigging.

#nfl #rigged The NFL is purely entertainment just enjoy it for what it is! Instagram: deleonjohnson92

As you can see, players on the defense are allowing the offensive players on the opposing team to do things to convert and make plays.

I think Burrow was playing a part in the "script" when he threw 5 INTs to the Steelers.

This whole thing about games being fixed is deeper than people think. I'm afraid players on our beloved team are contributing and causing fans anguish.
                      3 people cant keep a secret.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

First some questions:

Do you believe the earth is round or flat?

Do you believe we landed on the moon or it was fake?

Had more but didn't want to get the admins riled lol.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Utah
                          • Midnight Toker
                          • Send PM

This also was a fumble. JC ripped it before the ground. That's why the ball came out.0

Comment

Working...
                          X