Chargers @ Chiefs Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 2)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BearWithJetpack View Post

So what type of mentality does it take to stay on the rival's forum after you've won intentionally antagonizing rival fans? Your first post thanking us for the game was nice. Sticking around to poke at people sucks.

Guess that's just the winner mentality that loser mentality folks don't get to enjoy.
    Chief fans are the worst. Had they lost you would see every excuse you could think of.

This guy tries to play nice guy but a simple good game would be nice and them disapear.

Comment

• Bolts&noles
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

the worst part about is you have them on their heels, they’ve been on the field for a few consecutive plays and your offense is pushing them back plus your starting TE needed to come out for at least a play…there was no strategic basis for going hurry up there, NONE, the whole hurry up thing is great for sustaining lengthy drives but to keep a defensive group on the field while mismatched for chunks of yards. Once in the redzone you need to be on the same page as an offense, at that point it becomes counterproductive, they did this same stupid shit a few times last year too, time wasn’t running out, we were tied not behind two scores etc…I don’t know if it’s lombardi or staley’s deal but that shit was fucking dumb either way…
      Exactly.
      Cost us the game and our QB

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts&noles View Post

Exactly.
        Cost us the game and our QB
        I agree - there was zero reason at that point to not take your time. And why isn't Ekeler getting any plans in the red zone. Even the one drive, Michel got the carry before the pass to Ekeler. But at that point, take clock - every second you take off is one second Mahomes doesn't have.

I will say this - the Chargers are a good team. This team is much better than last year - if healthy. But last night was a lost opportunity to be sure

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Chargers beat themselves in this game! I like our chances in the rematch later this year. Played out like a game played between 2 of the top teams in the league.

Comment

• electricgold
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I agree - there was zero reason at that point to not take your time. And why isn't Ekeler getting any plans in the red zone. Even the one drive, Michel got the carry before the pass to Ekeler. But at that point, take clock - every second you take off is one second Mahomes doesn't have.

I will say this - the Chargers are a good team. This team is much better than last year - if healthy. But last night was a lost opportunity to be sure
            And why is Ek always getting the ball when we need 2 yards to keep a drive going?

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
              The radio guy in LA on the post game show was quite adamant that it should have been a roughing call because he drove Justin into the ground. Didn’t let up. Looked pretty clean to me. Didn’t even look like that hard of a hit
              I see that called as roughing the passer all the time. I was wondering why it wasn’t called and why nobody in the announcers’ booth questioned why it wasn’t called.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Chief fans are the worst. Had they lost you would see every excuse you could think of.

This guy tries to play nice guy but a simple good game would be nice and them disapear.
                If they had lost, you would not have seen him here. He'd be sulking in his mom's basement.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

And why is Ek always getting the ball when we need 2 yards to keep a drive going?
                  Thats another thing that is too obvious - short yardage running to Ekeler.

Chargers are 1-1 - where at minimum they needed to be .

This is a good football team. I see an improved defense for sure. Running game at times is shaky. But the offense if Herbert is healthy will be fine

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Tges58 View Post

Maybe you should just accept the loss and be a good sport about it and quit blaming the refs.There were missed calls on LA too.
                    Examples ?

It's like this.

It would have been reasonable for you to have come in here before the game, having discussions about matchups, schemes, etc.

If we ever beat the Chiefs, and you fail to come in here and discuss things fairly post game, then you should rightfully be permabanned from our board.

It is rich for you to "describe" our behavior, while demonstrating your own passive-aggressive behavior, that is not becoming a grown man.

Therefore, you are a weenie poster.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I see that called as roughing the passer all the time. I was wondering why it wasn’t called and why nobody in the announcers’ booth questioned why it wasn’t called.
                      IMO it could have gone either way. It did appear as though the Chiefs defender let up a BIT after he hit Herbert and the ball was released.

But with the NFL's emphasis on protecting QBs, it should have been called.

The hit itself didn't look particularly vicious (easy for us to say) but it may have been a culmination of previous hits or even from last week.
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Examples ?

It's like this.

It would have been reasonable for you to have come in here before the game, having discussions about matchups, schemes, etc.

If we ever beat the Chiefs, and you fail to come in here and discuss things fairly post game, then you should rightfully be permabanned from our board.

It is rich for you to "describe" our behavior, while demonstrating your own passive-aggressive behavior, that is not becoming a grown man.

Therefore, you are a weenie poster.
                        Was on twitter last night and a Chiefs fan was complaining about the "lack of holding" on th Chargers OLine
                        when I brought up "the Chiefs haven't been called for holding" response was "Chiefs have an excellent OLine" -- my guess insinuating they don't hold
                        basically I was done with the guy

there is no way any fan of a team would not see those two plays and 1) understand why they were called the way they were 2) be also pretty ticked off as they were borderline that were game changers because of the turnover implications associated with both calls

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Tges58 View Post

See my last post.

I've been on this board a couple of times this week and readquite a few snide remarks.
                          This is a very, very self incriminating post.

Over the years, the owner of this board has actually encouraged and enjoys cordial, football based discussions with fans of other teams.

Which brings us to you.

Why are you here ?
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                            Bolt-O commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Just me, but he's not yet in 'ban' territory, but I am not seeing anything he's actually adding to the discussion, just reacting to posts against him. You guys know what to do if he feel he's just straight trolling...
                        Working...
                        X