• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trumpet Man
    Dea Spanos my HERO
    • Dec 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Fleet is EPIC. Send him a contribution for the website immediately!
    Cool. But on Tuesday as Wimpy would say on the Popeye cartoons. :koolaid:

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
      Anyone defending Lombardi at this point is beyond me.
      Staley has moved away from the heat making PO thanks to his defence progressing and dominating vs weak teams.
      Can Lombo dominate vs anyone?
      We are still one and done team in PO unless offence can show any glimpses of progression as we will need to outscore this year's AFC powerhouses of KC / Cincy / Bills.

Seriously I am happy for a team but I do not get how beating weak teams (again would like to remind that only Dolphins are over 0.500 at this point of the season out of the teams we beat) can cloud the judgment and believe we are turning the corner...

It is very hard for me being optimistic (as my heart been broken so many times by this team) that I need some serious thing happening (win vs Foles lead Colts is not one) to believe that this team can achieve anything this season.
      Im not sure what you want to see. Miami was ahead of us record wise and playoff picture til we beat them and Tennesee had a winning record as well til Tannehill went down and he got hurt against us.

Those teams we beat are a reason why their record isnt as good. But Miami is still over .500. Not sure why some dont want to give us credit for beating them! Its always something negative instead.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
        Dea Spanos my HERO
        • Dec 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        Those teams we beat are a reason why their record isnt as good. But Miami is still over .500. Not sure why some dont want to give us credit for beating them! Its always something negative instead.
        Agreed as it is with a lot of fans.

I am riding into these playoffs not hating on any coach, player or otherwise. I am going to enjoy it for a change and support those who got us here even Coach Lombardi. That is what this silver backed gorilla is doing.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

On Offense, what I think I see most of the time is OL blockers running around but then not hitting anyone. That was why I posted my 3-part multi-choice question of what is the actual problem. Nobody has posted anything to indicate Joe’s blocking schemes are notably different than a lot of teams. Players just don’t consistently execute.

The question then is WHY? Bad coaching at the position level? Because I don’t believe our OL players are mentally or physically incapable as a group. Our OL coach was immediately fired as soon as Allen was hired in NO - was it because he just wanted “his guys” or did Allen know something? Beats me …
          I saw Zion taking on the guy in the A gap, leaving a linebacker free running through the B gap to his immediate right in the Indy game.
          Linsley could have taken the first guy, or Zion should have put his left hand on the guy, and passed him off, but not so fully committ in that direction.

Its stuff that i'm not looking for but it just jumps out at you - not every down, but come on, are you guys practicing together?

I would guess the Olinemen have too much to think about (too many keys) - so they make mistakes.

I heard a story about a frustrated Ram lineman (George Atkins?) saying to George Allen during practice: Dammit George, do you want me to hit the qb or tackle the rb?
          I can see Lombo going overboard in complexity.

Remember that story about how the starting team qb at Mercyhurst would come to Staley to ask him what the hell happened at the qb meeting?
          That's probably Lombo in a nut shell

Comment

• Eurobolt
            *** Jim Harbaugh ***
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Im not sure what you want to see. Miami was ahead of us record wise and playoff picture til we beat them and Tennesee had a winning record as well til Tannehill went down and he got hurt against us.

I am not convinced that we are suddenly anything better than one and done (if you are content with playoff berth and take it as great success then I umderstand your poin) - 3 straight wins are always good but we have more question marks than number of flags that been throw for Brady and Mahones all year long.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post

Agreed as it is with a lot of fans.

I am riding into these playoffs not hating on any coach, player or otherwise. I am going to enjoy it for a change and support those who got us here even Coach Lombardi. That is what this silver backed gorilla is doing.
              Its not hate, that's a mischaracterization;
              its cold blooded, unsentimental observations about what some here think about players/coaches.

Some here focus on player performances, some here focus on coaches: very, very few absolve everyone of blame.

A few resort to name calling: the Lamebo or Dumbo part;
              most who are dissatisfied with the coaches do not: Staley is a cancer survivor for Gods sake!

A few here give a pass to coaches and tee off on players: those for instance who called Tillery a piece of crap.
              Some of those question the ability of players .... and somehow, this is not seen as negative.

Coaches are getting well paid and are not subjecting themselves to debilitating lifelong injuries;
              they should be scrutinized more assiduously than players in my oppinion.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                Dea Spanos my HERO
                • Dec 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Its not hate, that's a mischaracterization;
                its cold blooded, unsentimental observations about what some here think about players/coaches.

Some here focus on player performances, some here focus on coaches: very, very few absolve everyone of blame.

A few resort to name calling: the Lamebo or Dumbo part;
                most who are dissatisfied with the coaches do not: Staley is a cancer survivor for Gods sake!

A few here give a pass to coaches and tee off on players: those for instance who called Tillery a piece of crap.
                Some of those question the ability of players .... and somehow, this is not seen as negative.

Coaches are getting well paid and are not subjecting themselves to debilitating lifelong injuries;
                they should be scrutinized more assiduously than players in my oppinion.
                When I say hate I am talking about the fans who want Lombardi (insert your favorite name) fired even if we win or just appear in a Super Bowl.

When your HATE runs so deep you want to FIRE the people who got you a ring is damaged fan base thinking. I do NOT consider this a mischaracterization. I call it fucked up thinking as a fan.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

When I say hate I am talking about the fans who want Lombardi (insert your favorite name) fired even if we win or just appear in a Super Bowl.

When your HATE runs so deep you want to FIRE the people who got you a ring is damaged fan base thinking. I do NOT consider this a mischaracterization. I call it fucked up thinking as a fan.
                  My definition of a fan differs from your blind loyalty.

It’s someone that wants the best for the team, so if it looks like a player or coach is the reason the team isn’t fulfilling its potential then they advocate change.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                    Dea Spanos my HERO
                    • Dec 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

My definition of a fan differs from your blind loyalty.

It’s someone that wants the best for the team, so if it looks like a player or coach is the reason the team isn’t fulfilling its potential then they advocate change.

Hey I am an advocate for change as well BUT when your hate runs so deep you can not admit you were WRONG about a coach or player for that matter YOU HAVE A FAN PROBLEM.

That is the shit I am talking about. That is blind fan loyalty toward being right at all costs.

The goal is to achieve a ring and not to vindicate hatred by firing anyone who got us there.

I have waited 60+ years for this moment only to see the same type fan crap surface repeatedly.

As an aside, there was a poster at the old UT forums who was a draft guru and said Joey Bosa was a piece of shit and would never be selected by the Chargers. When Bosa was selected his hatred and convictions were so strong he wished for Bosa to be placed on IR. Why ? To be right about his stance the player was trash and would get hurt so he wanted him fired. I think the posters name was ""leisure" I may be wrong on the poster.

Fast forward to today and the same crap is playing out. Boltbeat issued a fan apology letter to Staley and his coaching staff by extension. Does BoltBeat speak for the entire fan base - NO. But it was a refreshing start.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I saw Zion taking on the guy in the A gap, leaving a linebacker free running through the B gap to his immediate right in the Indy game.
                      Linsley could have taken the first guy, or Zion should have put his left hand on the guy, and passed him off, but not so fully committ in that direction.

Its stuff that i'm not looking for but it just jumps out at you - not every down, but come on, are you guys practicing together?

I would guess the Olinemen have too much to think about (too many keys) - so they make mistakes.

I heard a story about a frustrated Ram lineman (George Atkins?) saying to George Allen during practice: Dammit George, do you want me to hit the qb or tackle the rb?
                      I can see Lombo going overboard in complexity.

Remember that story about how the starting team qb at Mercyhurst would come to Staley to ask him what the hell happened at the qb meeting?
                      That's probably Lombo in a nut shell
                      Yes! Its not every down, some downs they execute perfectly. its just too many downs to sustain ball control drives all the time.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

who is saying this?

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Hey I am an advocate for change as well BUT when your hate runs so deep you can not admit you were WRONG about a coach or player for that matter YOU HAVE A FAN PROBLEM.

That is the shit I am talking about. That is blind fan loyalty toward being right at all costs.

The goal is to achieve a ring and not to vindicate hatred by firing anyone who got us there.

I have waited 60+ years for this moment only to see the same type fan crap surface repeatedly.

As an aside, there was a poster at the old UT forums who was a draft guru and said Joey Bosa was a piece of shit and would never be selected by the Chargers. When Bosa was selected his hatred and convictions were so strong he wished for Bosa to be placed on IR. Why ? To be right about his stance the player was trash and would get hurt so he wanted him fired. I think the posters name was ""leisure" I may be wrong on the poster.

Fast forward to today and the same crap is playing out. Boltbeat issued a fan apology letter to Staley and his coaching staff by extension. Does BoltBeat speak for the entire fan base - NO. But it was a refreshing start.
                          A lot of sweeping generalizations about critical posters based on single example like the Bosa hater. That isn’t representative of anything but one person with an issue.

As far as Staley goes, there was a lot of posters here fed up with him when the team was losing and defense sucked. Now that the defense has come around and team is playoff bound, I think all of those posters have come forward and eaten crow about Staley

Same will be true for Lombardi if he has this relatively healthy offense improve over the remainder of the season and post season.

But if he has one more press conference like the two others this season where he apologizes for conservative play calling, then he needs to be replaced next season.

Comment

Working...
                          X