• Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We are 4-2. Doesn’t that kind of mean we HAVE overcome?

Comment

• Classic
      Hall Of Fame
      • Dec 2014
      • Send PM

Can we get OC we had last season early in the year? At least that Joe dialed up a few deep passes every once in a while. Nowadays we go weeks without seeing ball being aired out pass 15 yards.

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

Im not going to say Joe has been all world but hes had some good overall games and some not as good. That said the injury destruction clearly has limited what we ideally wanted to do this year. Keenan was a huge loss to scheme imo and throw on top the multiple OL injuries especially Lindsey with Herb limited with ribs and its no surprise its had to be adjusted and some of our best plays with keenan in there are just not available nor do we trust our OL to not slip and get Herb damaged further. Ek not getting enough touches im not sure if thats on Staley or Joe to be honest. Weve tried the Michel experiment to see I think we know why Miami punted on him. Hopefully we see plenty of Ek calls today with equal Spiller and Michel ops.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

I think it's a little bit early to say :« Veni, vidi, vici ».
          Exactement correct, M. Maniaque! I am hoping this team can close out games, especially against teams we should beat convincingly...the cliffhangers should be vs. good teams...

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
            Can we get OC we had last season early in the year? At least that Joe dialed up a few deep passes every once in a while. Nowadays we go weeks without seeing ball being aired out pass 15 yards.
            Once Herbert got hurt we all knew.....well many of us anyway, that we were going to see a lot of short passes because of the pain he has to throw. To expect him to be the same QB with that injury is ridiculous and we should be happy he can play at all. And to me, it looked like he aggrevated the injury some against Denver.

Some here didnt want him to play at all. I think it is Justin that is choosing not to throw deeper on some throws because we can see some guys open further down field and he dumps it off.....but some of those were also having some pressure around him.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

We have won 4 of 5 games decided by a single score and all four wins were with significant injuries to major players. Not sure how you can look at that and think we haven’t overcome a lot already.

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

If you don't have the receivers to force their own separation from opposing defenders, you have to scheme them open using clever routes. If you're not creative enough to force separation with clever routes... you're going to put out a mediocre, garbage offense.

It's a shame that Herbert's talent drags many of the passing numbers up and makes people defend this absolute hack.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BearWithJetpack View Post
                  If you don't have the receivers to force their own separation from opposing defenders, you have to scheme them open using clever routes. If you're not creative enough to force separation with clever routes... you're going to put out a mediocre, garbage offense.

It's a shame that Herbert's talent drags many of the passing numbers up and makes people defend this absolute hack.
                  Imagine if we had T-Billy to stretch the field...that would open up most plays underneath...sad...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Imagine if we had T-Billy to stretch the field...that would open up most plays underneath...sad...
                    From what I saw of Bandy today - TBilly would have been better.

As for Lombardi - not sure I am a fan. I doubt he gets fired these two weeks but if Staley wants a chance - thats where I start.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

From what I saw of Bandy today - TBilly would have been better.

As for Lombardi - not sure I am a fan. I doubt he gets fired these two weeks but if Staley wants a chance - thats where I start.
                      Yep...Herbie and T-Billy had better chemistry than Herbie and Bandy...

Comment

• jubei
                        Vagabond Ninja
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

yeah creativity to scheme guys open...not in the playbook for lombadi.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Okay, WHERE are the Lombo defenders now? Anyone? Anyone?

anyone.JPG

Comment

Working...
                          X