• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
    Our second half woes on offense must be a major concern, no?
    Whatever half time adjustments the opposition D is dialling up, Lombardi just isn't keeping up.
    Teams and D gave us multiple opportunities today, and that doesn't happen very often.
    We need to figure out a way to keep our O on the field, move the chains, eat up clock, and score some points if we want to beat good teams.
    Better OC is what we need.

Comment

• foreigner
      Tom Telesco is gone
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

While I agree that JL sucks I think something happened on that last series and good things came out.

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
        While I agree that JL sucks I think something happened on that last series and good things came out.
        That 2 point conversion was a brilliant call.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

That 2 point conversion was a brilliant call.
          was it ever

I saw mutliple plays that schemed guys open

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

was it ever

I saw mutliple plays that schemed guys open
            After the game I was shocked how much our offense changed with unexpected pass plays and the scheming. Did somebody get Joe a little help with coming up with some new ideas. Where was this in the first half of the season? We'd be at least 8-3 right now. :>)
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

After the game I was shocked how much our offense changed with unexpected pass plays and the scheming. Did somebody get Joe a little help with coming up with some new ideas. Where was this in the first half of the season? We'd be at least 8-3 right now. :>)
              I'm guessing Joe got a memo from Baby Spanos...

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                Outback Goon
                • Sep 2018
                • Australia
                • Send PM

Keenan Allen

When he is on the field the offense opens up. Add in guys executing the plays and its sneaky good.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Both games with Keenan back it's been opened up a little more. But Herbert still only had a 5.4 YPA which happens with 12 check downs passes to Ekeler.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                    Chargers Hall of Fame
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Both games with Keenan back it's been opened up a little more. But Herbert still only had a 5.4 YPA which happens with 12 check downs passes to Ekeler.
                    12 check downs passes to Ekeler that are smothered fairly quickly too.

I see other teams with their backs swinging out wide for that check down and getting the ball with some space to move ahead a few yards. I just haven't seen that as much this season. I figured if the receiver options were being blanketed, that Ekeler might have a little room on the side. Doesn't seem to happen as much.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

I see other teams with their backs swinging out wide for that check down and getting the ball with some space to move ahead a few yards. I just haven't seen that as much this season. I figured if the receiver options were being blanketed, that Ekeler might have a little room on the side. Doesn't seem to happen as much.
                      You know what play never works for us? The wide receiver and tight end screen. They're always pretty much poorly executed. I'd rather see him sprinkle in some slants than run those.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

We need to get blockers out in front for Ekkie more often...

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                          Chargers Hall of Fame
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You know what play never works for us? The wide receiver and tight end screen. They're always pretty much poorly executed. I'd rather see him sprinkle in some slants than run those.
                          I HATE THAT PLAY SO FREAKIN' MUCH!!!

At least the Chargers version of it.

Comment

Working...
                          X