• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Guys lets tone down the snippiness. I can see this getting out of hand soon. Aloha.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Lombardi should dial up more of those behind the LOS passes.

After every 5 or 6 of those, throw it downfield and surprise the defense.
      Surprise the defense? It would surprise the Charger Fan base. LOL!
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher

If Herbert does not play, I would expect us to lose to every opponent we play as the drop off from QB1 to QB2-3 is gigantic.
        Me too.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

A 4-6 week period of rest would be reasonable, to allow for SOME healing and to allow him to perform better when he does return. But this franchise is so desperate to be a fringe playoff contender that they will rush him back and put him at unnecessary risk. Hopefully the OL bands together to prevent him from even taking a single hit but he has a huge bullseye on him now.

If this defense is legit, and we think it is, we can weather 4-6 weeks. Don't put this kid's career in jeopardy.
          What's in bold. Times 100. From your keyboard, Dr. D, to God's ears.

Herbie's injury is the #1 Nightmare Scenario for the season; there isn't even a close 2nd. We could easily be 1-6 if he misses 5 weeks. *If* the powers-that-be do insist that he plays, then we deserve what we get. In other words, the same shit we've all had to deal with since we made the unfortunate decision to become Charger fans.

Comment

• Craig440
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

I'm a little more optimistic than some of you on how we would do without Herbert for a few weeks. I think our defense will step up and our offense will look a little different but with creative tweeks could be productive enough.

I say rest him at least against the Jags and see how we do. If we do good rest him again. I'm worried that this might change him and I pray it does not.

Our defense only allowed the Chiefs 20 points in their stadium. We should be able to almost shut out lesser offenses.

Comment

• Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

What's in bold. Times 100. From your keyboard, Dr. D, to God's ears.

Herbie's injury is the #1 Nightmare Scenario for the season; there isn't even a close 2nd. We could easily be 1-6 if he misses 5 weeks. *If* the powers-that-be do insist that he plays, then we deserve what we get. In other words, the same shit we've all had to deal with since we made the unfortunate decision to become Charger fans.
              I am not a medical doctor, so I cannot say with certainty what the risk is. I am only basing my view on Herbert playing on what I have read about other players that have played with this and similar injuries and that Staley has classified him as day-to-day and not week-to-week. With 10 days between games, day-to-day strongly suggests that Herbert will be playing against Jacksonville, which is a game that we have to win because the rest our division will be winning against Jacksonville.

Comment

• TTThunder
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
                The more I think about it the more I wish Justin would just sit out the rest of this season. I want what's best for him. He's only 23 years old so one wasted year won't kill his career. I want Justin to heal completely from this.

He's not going to heal by playing. Fuck no. It can only get worse IMO. Who knows what else he could happen as a result of his current injury. I wonder if other rib-cartilage connections are more prone to detach now as a result. No thanks man.
                +1

LONG TERM friends, LONG TERM.

We are extremely lucky to have 2 franchise QB consecutively. Please try to avoid any opportunity that can 'damage' him.

Don't be like IND, extremely fortunate to have Manning then Luck, but did not 'handle' Luck properly...

Now they are still searching for a new franchise QB to replace Luck!

I'd rest him the whole season. (Only in the case that we can get to the playoff, will I consider playing him at all...)

Go Herbert!!!

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  You guys really think Herbert is going to sit? After watching him go back into the game last night?
                  It shouldn’t be his decision. Just like it shouldn’t have been his decision to go back in the game against the Chiefs. Staley should have said no, and sat him for his own good.

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I am not a medical doctor, so I cannot say with certainty what the risk is. I am only basing my view on Herbert playing on what I have read about other players that have played with this and similar injuries and that Staley has classified him as day-to-day and not week-to-week. With 10 days between games, day-to-day strongly suggests that Herbert will be playing against Jacksonville, which is a game that we have to win because the rest our division will be winning against Jacksonville.
                    I only hope that Herbert himself, or the Charger coaching/medical staff, doesn't put him at undo risk. There are been numerous stories about athletes doing more harm than good to themselves over an injury in which they didn't allow sufficient time for healing. And I don't classify injecting oneself with painkillers a reasonable approach to the healing process.

As for the Jax game, couldn't agree more. In fact, I would dare say that the next three games are all "must win" if we expect to have any chance at a playoff spot. And with Herbie on the sidelines, the chances of us beating Jax - no less Houston and Cleveland - have almost gone by the wayside.

Comment

• charger1993
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Let herbert rest, our coming up games are give me games, rely on the defense and let chase manage the game

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post
                        Let herbert rest, our coming up games are give me games, rely on the defense and let chase manage the game
                        No gimme's in the NFL. The Texans kicked our ass last season. Jax has a improved roster with a QB improving though he still don't look that great. If Herbert don't play no team on our schedule is a feel good with our backups.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post
                          Give me games like the Houston game last year? It's the NFL and all the teams are pretty darn good.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X