• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riverwalk
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Rambler View Post
    This might not all be bad. Maybe the offensive line steps up and makes the running game work. The defense may work harder at creating turnovers. Lombardi may rethink his apparent preference of having Herbert dink and dunk down the field on long methodical drives, and take a few long shots to try to get him off the field sooner. It's a team, or should be. When one man goes down, or is limited by injury, others are forced to think about whether they can do more. And then when Herbert has recovered, there might be a better, more complete team around him.
    Lombardi should dial up more of those behind the LOS passes.

After every 5 or 6 of those, throw it downfield and surprise the defense.

Comment

• Air Coryell
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2021
      • Carlsbad, CA
      • Teacher, Coach, CFO
      • Send PM

For Staley to say that this injury is day-to-day is hideous or ignorant. Not a good look for the HC. I would sit JH for as long as it takes for him to be at least 95% healthy. If that's next week, great. But NOT likely. Remember, Mahomes missed a couple of games in 2019 with a bad knee from a QB sneek. They went on to win the superbowl. Do not play JH until he is healthy. Spanos might want to mentor their HC, if possible, on this.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post
        I say let him sit out the year. Better to be fully healthy next year.
        Thats hilarious
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• It seems like this kind of injury is one with which NFL players play.

I would be surprised if Herbert sits at all.

My solution to resting Herbert would be to come out very aggressive on offense with the passing attack and build a 30+ point lead entering the 4th quarter.

With a 30+ point and knowing that we are going to use the ground game more, I would bring in Stick (not Daniel), who I think would be more effective running RPO type plays than Daniel would be.

If Herbert does not play, I would expect us to lose to every opponent we play as the drop off from QB1 to QB2-3 is gigantic.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
            For Staley to say that this injury is day-to-day is hideous or ignorant. Not a good look for the HC. I would sit JH for as long as it takes for him to be at least 95% healthy. If that's next week, great. But NOT likely. Remember, Mahomes missed a couple of games in 2019 with a bad knee from a QB sneek. They went on to win the superbowl. Do not play JH until he is healthy. Spanos might want to mentor their HC, if possible, on this.
            Hideous? That is also hilarious
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Spanos? Mentor the HC? What planet are you on?

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                Herbert will play.

Why? Because the coach is a risk taker that values a win more than his QB’s safety.

That’s the only explanation for why he allowed Herbert to finish the game after he was exhibiting severe pain and his injury was unknown.

This is totally and completely off base. He sat Bosa even AFTER he'd been cleared from concussion protocol. Coach cares deeply about his players, and they know it.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2021
                  • Carlsbad, CA
                  • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Spanos? Mentor the HC? What planet are you on?
                  Saying they should. Or at least TT. I guess you didn't read the "if possible"

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    BetterToday ThanYesterday
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Of course Staley is going to say it's day to day. What do want him to say? I broke my sternum playing football then ran cross country the next day. It hurt every time I breathed. Rib injuries hurt a lot. There is no cast or anything you can put on them. There is nothing you can really do about them. They just have to heal and it is really a "how much pain can you take" kind of injury. Playing is not going to make it worse. But it is going to take a while to heal. Good thing for Herbert is how young he is. And he needs to wear a Fouts flack jacket from now on.

Staley is a player health first coach. Doubting that is juvenile.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2021
                      • Carlsbad, CA
                      • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      Of course Staley is going to say it's day to day. What do want him to say? I broke my sternum playing football then ran cross country the next day. It hurt every time I breathed. Rib injuries hurt a lot. There is no cast or anything you can put on them. There is nothing you can really do about them. They just have to heal and it is really a "how much pain can you take" kind of injury. Playing is not going to make it worse. But it is going to take a while to heal. Good thing for Herbert is how young he is. And he needs to wear a Fouts flack jacket from now on.

Staley is a player health first coach. Doubting that is juvenile.

TG
                      Get a clue. Players health 1st coach would have NEVER put JH back in the game. But keep your blindfolds on.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Saying they should. Or at least TT. I guess you didn't read the "if possible"
                        Yeah I saw it. We all know what Spanos is capable of. Mentoring certainly ain’t it

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

Justin hurt= he plays. EVERYONE in the NFL plays hurt.
                          Justin injured= rest him until healthy. Long season ahead.

Comment

Working...
                          X