• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hadl2Alworth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Send PM

Also, as I stated in the Chiefs/Chargers gameday thread, it's not just pain that will affect Herbert but it's the physical sensation that can come along with this particular injury. That physical sensation is like your lower half of your body is suddenly numb or paralyzed. I tried to stand but my legs wouldn't cooperate. I just collapsed! That freaked me the fuck out when I first hurt my ribs about 10 years ago. And when I would wipe my ass I would experience a knife-like sensation going into my side. And there wasn't much twisting involved in that activity - but enough. Playing football is like asking for TROUBLE!!! It's so much more violent than wiping your ass. The more I think about it the more I wish Justin would just sit out the rest of this season. I want what's best for him. He's only 23 years old so one wasted year won't kill his career. I want Justin to heal completely from this. He's not going to heal by playing. Fuck no. It can only get worse IMO. Who knows what else he could happen as a result of his current injury. I wonder if other rib-cartilage connections are more prone to detach now as a result. No thanks man.

Comment

• jubei
      Vagabond Ninja
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
      Also, as I stated in the Chiefs/Chargers gameday thread, it's not just pain that will affect Herbert but it's the physical sensation that can come along with this particular injury. That physical sensation is like your lower half of your body is suddenly numb or paralyzed. I tried to stand but my legs wouldn't cooperate. I just collapsed! That freaked me the fuck out when I first hurt my ribs about 10 years ago. And when I would wipe my ass I would experience a knife-like sensation going into my side. And there wasn't much twisting involved in that activity - but enough. Playing football is like asking for TROUBLE!!! It's so much more violent than wiping your ass. The more I think about it the more I wish Justin would just sit out the rest of this season. I want what's best for him. He's only 23 years old so one wasted year won't kill his career. I want Justin to heal completely from this. He's not going to heal by playing. Fuck no. It can only get worse IMO. Who knows what else he could happen as a result of his current injury. I wonder if other rib-cartilage connections are more prone to detach now as a result. No thanks man.
      Hadl...maybe your ass-wipin' WAS violent lol! But I'm truly torn with this decision. I truly dont want long-term injury to our golden boy, but this team is built for NOW. Give him some eastern medicine (some of that shit is WILDLY awesome and effective) to increase the healing...maybe acupuncture/pressure to increase blood flow to the area...I dunno.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

From Hammerin Hank. https://twitter.com/hank_bauer/statu...ZEJueTJWw188EQ

he played with the same injury. Said he was shot up before, at halftime and after the game for pain.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          We are completely screwed. This injury brings us down during Herbert's contract window, and after we have invested in "right now."

Herbert is in pain. This is also excrutiatingly painful for us loyal Charger fans. We are in shock, but are in typical denial.

Our difficult truth must be realized. The Chargers team must reinvent itself.

Accept the truth. Face it.

We simply cannot play dumb football anymore. We must have a high plus/minus turnover ratio.

Failing to recover the football during the rarest of opportunities on that onside kick is not a good start. There is lots of work to do.
          Of all the bad things that happen in that football game, the one thing we couldn’t have happen was an injury to Herbert. Yet, here we are. Chargers

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
            Let's do this!
            • Aug 2022
            • Raleigh N. Carolina
            • Send PM

We can't send Herbert out banged up with a 2nd string O line, even against the Jags.

That woulde INSANE and a fireable offense

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

“My rib injury just got worse, but I can’t tell, I’m numbed up.”

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

In sympathy, popping Naproxen to alleviate my own pain......
                :hadworse:

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                  From Hammerin Hank. https://twitter.com/hank_bauer/statu...ZEJueTJWw188EQ

he played with the same injury. Said he was shot up before, at halftime and after the game for pain.
                  I believe Herbert will play and assume he will want to play, but this isnt the same for Hank as it will be for Herbert. Hank for one thing didnt play every down. He only played on STs and an occasional goal line carry,... wasnt a QB who had to throw.

But he is right that Herb will be shot up. Just dont poke his lung for cris sakes.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I believe Herbert will play and assume he will want to play, but this isnt the same for Hank as it will be for Herbert. Hank for one thing didnt play every down. He only played on STs and an occasional goal line carry,... wasnt a QB who had to throw.

But he is right that Herb will be shot up. Just dont poke his lung for cris sakes.
                    Running full speed with guaranteed contact. LT played with fractured ribs one year. I remember him getting pissed at the Raiders for punching his ribs in the pile.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Running full speed with guaranteed contact. LT played with fractured ribs one year. I remember him getting pissed at the Raiders for punching his ribs in the pile.
                      True but Hank did that less than 10 times a game. Maybe only 5. Not saying it dont hurt Hank but Herb will be throwing often which is a twist of the torso and he will get hit at times.
                      The LT thing, i think that will be a penalty now if they see it.

Either way that is a tough hombre playing with that injury.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
                        Playing football is like asking for TROUBLE!!! It's so much more violent than wiping your ass.
                        Not if you do it right.

Comment

• Rambler
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • No Cal
                          • Civil Research Attorney
                          • Send PM

This might not all be bad. Maybe the offensive line steps up and makes the running game work. The defense may work harder at creating turnovers. Lombardi may rethink his apparent preference of having Herbert dink and dunk down the field on long methodical drives, and take a few long shots to try to get him off the field sooner. It's a team, or should be. When one man goes down, or is limited by injury, others are forced to think about whether they can do more. And then when Herbert has recovered, there might be a better, more complete team around him.

Comment

Working...
                          X