Jaguars @ Chargers Pregame Thread (Week 3)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Palmer and Mike Williams are fast enough. You don't need a 4.3 guy to have a deep game.
    It don't matter how fast you are if the cornerback don't cover you and just let you go and the safety doesn't move your way either and he was left alone in those plays.....somehow.

Tyreek in space , his speed there does create yards by running away from people. That's the biggest difference imo.
    Quick slants with any space at all can be a big gain or can go all the way. Hill plays fast as well, so does Waddle.

Some guys with good speed don't play fast. Guyton don't really play fast and is just good for the occasional go route but in space you don't really see his 4.38 speed.
    I agree with just about everything. Plus Mike Williams is a faster on the playing field than his official Combine 40 time. I saw the speed on several occasions last season. Most notably the Pitt game where he couldn't be caught on that late 4th Q TD pass he caught.

Carter is also a deep threat as we have seen. He has enough speed and he gets open. And he has great hands and concentration. I'm looking forward to seeing more from him as the season develops.

Do you think there's something wrong with Palmer, or am I exaggerating when I say he doesn't look the like the same WR who was on the ascend late last season? He didn't look right in the preseason either.

I don't necessarily agree re Guyton though. I think we've seen his 4.38 speed quite a bit. On that highlight reel throw from Herb in the Giants game where he split the safeties. In the Cincinnati game. It does seem we saw more of his speed in 2020, though, v the Bucs, the Saints, the Raiders, the Jags.

Comment

• jubei
      Vagabond Ninja
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I agree with just about everything. Plus Mike Williams is a faster on the playing field than his official Combine 40 time. I saw the speed on several occasions last season. Most notably the Pitt game where he couldn't be caught on that late 4th Q TD pass he caught.

Carter is also a deep threat as we have seen. He has enough speed and he gets open. And he has great hands and concentration. I'm looking forward to seeing more from him as the season develops.

Do you think there's something wrong with Palmer, or am I exaggerating when I say he doesn't look the like the same WR who was on the ascend late last season? He didn't look right in the preseason either.

I don't necessarily agree re Guyton though. I think we've seen his 4.38 speed quite a bit. On that highlight reel throw from Herb in the Giants game where he split the safeties. In the Cincinnati game. It does seem we saw more of his speed in 2020, though, v the Bucs, the Saints, the Raiders, the Jags.
      agreed on Palmer and Guyton. Guyton may not have the shake to get off the line on press coverage but I dont think they usually defend him that way for fear of his speed.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Yes on go routes when he runs a straight line but you never see him catch the ball and run away from anyone when he isn't running a go routes.

He just don't play fast imo. Some guys play full speed all the time, that isn't him. ....and I'm not singling him out, many don't.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-22-2022, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

I keep thinking with his speed, Guyton should be turning short passes into big gains but he doesn't do that. He's missing something. He's good on the go routes but he can't seem to do much else. Maybe he needs more playing time to work out those short routes?
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• foreigner
            Tom Telesco is gone
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

Guyton is for the bombs... shame on you Lombardi!

Comment

• jubei
              Vagabond Ninja
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

I remember Tyrell Williams would just lazily run drag routes across the middle...maybe they need to have Guyton do the same...just lull them to sleep with a lazy drag across the middle and then BOOM! turn on the jets around the corner. Or at least I hope they can scheme some plays in to take advantage of that speed. it's being wasted right now.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Jc Jackson and Corey Linsley haven’t practiced this week.

Comment

• jox g
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                  But listed as Day to Day...which is promising.

In Preseason Davis, Asante, Jasir Taylor = listed as TOP 3 CB's in the land.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    Concerned about the Linsley situation given that the last thing Herbert needs on Sunday is a sieve like Clapp in front of him.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                      I keep thinking with his speed, Guyton should be turning short passes into big gains but he doesn't do that. He's missing something. He's good on the go routes but he can't seem to do much else. Maybe he needs more playing time to work out those short routes?
                      Guyton has no wiggle in him

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                          I remember Tyrell Williams would just lazily run drag routes across the middle...maybe they need to have Guyton do the same...just lull them to sleep with a lazy drag across the middle and then BOOM! turn on the jets around the corner. Or at least I hope they can scheme some plays in to take advantage of that speed. it's being wasted right now.
                          Yep...Twill used to have the sneaky fast extra gear...

Comment

Working...
                          X