Chargers at Browns Pregame Discussion (week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

lol....
    more like because we cannot run and our defense is not great..... giving up 27 PPG..... so we have to throw (and score) just to stay in game..... we have given up most points in AFCW...
    Good thing we hired a defensive guru. lol
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

Herbert leads the league in passing yardage.
      and ....... he's missing his #1 WR. This kid is better than good!
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        Good thing we hired a defensive guru. lol
        lol

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

The talk around Sony…I don’t get it either. He’s being sampled. Possibly about to…? (Salyer).

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

lol....
            more like because we cannot run and our defense is not great..... giving up 27 PPG..... so we have to throw (and score) just to stay in game..... we have given up most points in AFCW...
            The total stinker vs Jax tweeks the stats like a 3.2 ypc run D after a 70 yd run.
            We were NFL average vs LVR, KC, Hou. That's nothing to be proud of and we need to get our stuff together but we aren't as bad as that stat looks.

Comment

• SBbound
              Casual fanatic
              • Feb 2019
              • Merced/San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post

This has been very confusing to me as well. I don't need the stats, the eye test tells the story. Michel has been slow, stiff and hesitant on many of his runs while Kelley has looked strong, quick and running hard with some passion. I am not necessarily a big fan of Kelley but it is obvious he is the better back right now. Just weird...
              Didn't Michel come in for Kelley after the first quarter? Injury maybe?

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Yep. And the Bolts have lost two winnable games. Passing yardage is nice, but W's are better...

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                  SLAM DUNK!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • East County San Diego
                  • Bolt fanatic
                  • Send PM

lol....
                  this seems pretty flat out wrong. Jags was the only game we were behind. We lead raiders and Texans wire to wire and we were ahead of the Chiefs for most of that game as well. The criticism has been seemingly to me that Lombardi was too conservative running too much against the Raiders late when the pass was more effective. I think fans expectations are often unrealistic and that Herbert leading the league in passing without KA and also losing RS and CL on the line shows to me that the Lombardi criticism that he is holding Herbert back is not as bad as it’s made out to be. Yeah the running is awful and needs to improve but the passing game is # 1 and realistically might be improving moving forward.
                  migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                    SLAM DUNK!
                    • Jun 2013
                    • East County San Diego
                    • Bolt fanatic
                    • Send PM

I think this is actually a good thing

Per @Sportradar only twice since 1975 has a team allowed a run of at least 50 yards in three straight games -- the 2009 #Raiders and 2022 #Chargers.
                    #Browns Nick Chubb has nine runs of at least 50 yards in his career, including one vs. LA last year. Kareem Hunt has 3.

outside of these explosive runs the defense against the run has improved. Yeah Cleveland will score and run the ball but last year baker played good and I don’t think jacoby can match what he did. Those two things make me think it’s lower scoring than last time but I think we will be able to score enough and move the ball to make it a more comfortable win than last years insanity in LA
                    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Nothing to do with teams loading up to stop our running game.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep. And the Bolts have lost two winnable games. Passing yardage is nice, but W's are better...
                        Bingo!
                        If those yards translate to W's, great.
                        If not, .....
                        The O has yet to play a complete game this year( I know, tough to do with a number of Pro Bowlers on the injured list) Be nice to see 4 or 5 long, time consuming drives that end up with points. In 3 of 4 games, we've only scored ONCE in the 2nd half( in the other, we scored twice)
                        Our revamped D is still average at best. And giving the opposition short fields isn't going to help, especially if the O doesn't show up after half time.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

I wonder how good our passing game will be with Allen & Guyton out and Palmer possibly out? We'll have to use our RB's and TE's more in the passing game. Cleveland has a pretty good defense and they'll use their runs to play keep away from Herbert. I think this will be a low scoring game.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X