Seahawks @ Chargers Game Day Thread | Post Game Meltdown (Week 7)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

As a loyal fanbase, we are mostly upset that Jacksonville and Seattle, both games that were presumed to be automatic wins, ended up being terrible losses.

Play better football, and get some wins against good football teams.

Doable.

And...btw Herbert's ribs.
    Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TTThunder View Post

1. If you are in the same position as QB coach for 4-5 years, most definitely, you are NOT very good (otherwise you would have gotten the promotion)! Key factor-under Peyton

2. On one year occasion that you were promoted to a higher position in a new team, you did so badly that you were fired after a year (and came back to the old position in the old team)...This was the Detroit Lions yanno.

3. During that one year, you didn't maximize your QB talents. (As an OC, I believe maximizing the QB talents is#1 priority!) Again it's the Lions, perpetually bottom tier.

Then Staley hired him, despite all these facts?!?

Go Bolts!!!

PS. I like our 2020 team passing offense a lot more than the 2021/2022 team...Hmmm. Pep Hamilton.
      Just some counterpoints, Sir.
      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

meltdown

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          As a loyal fanbase, we are mostly upset that Jacksonville and Seattle, both games that were presumed to be automatic wins, ended up being terrible losses.

Play better football, and get some wins against good football teams.

Doable.

And...btw Herbert's ribs.
          This so much this. :toyou:

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
            Carroll had us figured out from the jump. My guess is coaches dont really struggle with any of our play design or defensive shapes. I think our coaches think they are being really innovative...but teams are looking pretty well prepped against us. Of course if you cant do any of the basics well...block...tackle...execute...none of the X's and O's matter. Just wondering if Staley getting a HC job has given teams more desire to look at what he does. And to some extent have figured out his game. Because we should not be this bad on defense. Probably a wild take on my part...but he sure doesnt seem to have a working system in place that is consistent. The more he shows the more teams seem to be prepared. Where he could sort of hide as a DC and constantly tinker...he might be spreado so thin as a HC that the defense isnt evolving. He was all excited about having a hand on the offense when he got here. I cringed a little.

Also Im fairly certain had the score been flipped....Carroll likely pulls his starters given the fact so many have already been hurt. Sometimes you have to just admit defeat and move on.

Still get low key enraged when players are in when they shouldnt be. Management of our health is kind of a red flag to me. This continued wildfire sweeping across this team...if the game is lost 5 minutes to go....get the rest of your starters out of the fire.

I guess if all you care about is analytics....and have zero feel for the human aspect of the game...you will see dumb shit like this.
            Some guy on the Chargers reddit said Staley is like that guy who lies on his resume but nails the interview and gets the job. But looks clearly overmatched out there.

And here we are.

"I need to do a better job of coaching and pulling these guys together.". Holy shit if that isn't an admission of defeat I don't know what is.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

First aftermath post....

Herbert isnt 100 percent...injuries to himself and WR corp and conservative scheme all contribute....He will have to buckle up and put this team on his shoulders the rest of the year...and Staley needs to be coaching him to do that.

Nobody wants to hear this, but the injuries have been too much to overcome. LT, best DE, Best WR, #3 WR, #1 corner( though he was slow coming along) #2 RB, #2 TE, and the RT and QB not 100 percent....most of our best players, along with some key contributors, arent on the field, or are playing knicked up....and now #2 WR MW is gonna be missing time.

Chargers have a choice. They play the season out, and see who they have, and what they have to do for next season....or they go balls out and try to turn this thing around.

For option 2, they need to do 3 things.

1. Let Herbie loose. Give him green light to take more shots downfield...and start scrambling for first downs. Rest of the season should be 2 minute drill.

2. WR room is a mess...go get a playmaker. Got no choice if you want to save THIS season.

3. Related to 1 and 2, gotta get aggressive, almost reckless on O ...this comes down to coaching. What we have been doing isnt working, and it sure isnt going to work going forward with our best players out or knicked up...this is where good coaches win.

Ball is in your hands, Staley...Im a fan....prove me right.
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Caslon
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

Those all blue color rush uniforms are the worst regular season Charger uniforms in their history. They were a novelty for the past Thursday Night games when every team had their funky color rush ones. Why they chose them as part of this season’s uniforms is beyond me.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                  Those all blue color rush uniforms are the worst regular season Charger uniforms in their history. They were a novelty for the past Thursday Night games when every team had their funky color rush ones. Why they chose them as part of this season’s uniforms is beyond me.
                  On the radio broadcast, the homers said the players love them. Personally, I don't care for them myself, but they are supposed to be a recognition of the days of the royal and navy blue unis, which is why they were worn on Alumni weekend.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Some guy on the Chargers reddit said Staley is like that guy who lies on his resume but nails the interview and gets the job. But looks clearly overmatched out there.

And here we are.

"I need to do a better job of coaching and pulling these guys together.". Holy shit if that isn't an admission of defeat I don't know what is.
                    I get people have concerns, but come on - when Reid or Bellichick say they same vague thing after a loss do you think they are admitting defeat?

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                      Pretty much retired......
                      • Sep 2018
                      • JoJa
                      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                      • Send PM

THUMP......Ok I am officially off of the Staley fan wagon. Three weeks in a row this team has arrived unprepared and unmotivated it seems to play football. Double digit deficits in all 3. Staley GAVE Cleveland the win, their kicker just failed to execute. All facets of our team are lacking. Our D is defined by gashing run plays and wide open receivers......sometimes we don't have guys in the same zip code it seems. This is embarrassing, frustrating and now IMHO it needs to change.

To draw a comparison, the Phillies ripped off the band-aid early and turned it around. I have tickets for the Atlanta game and I really hope I see a change......something, ANYthing that even shows we have a pulse. It is once again an embarrassing time to be a Chargers fan........

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                        guess the some of us were drinkin' a little too much Bandy koolaid, and.... for all you fire the HC/hang the DJ crowd.... who is your replacement w/proven HC experience/success ?? !!

recall being a fan of Dave Toub once upon a time, and Steve Wilks is lookin' like a solid as well ?? is Ron Rivera any kind of consideration ?? and ok then, and if not.... then who ??
                        Few want staley fired now, primarily because it will not happen and there is no one on staff to replace him - so green is the entire staff.

But it sure seems like chargers need to go in a new direction at seasons end.

I didn't want to pull the plug on McLynn until season 4 because they at least achieved something the first two seasons.

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
                          Since Balboa Stadium
                          • Sep 2022
                          • LA
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                          Are you talking about the uni's from the Seattle game? I don't know what they were but I really liked them. Especially the dark bolt on the helmet and the dark blue The only thing that would be better would be some gold pants. cool uni's ..everyones preferences are different for sure.
                          Last edited by QuiteFrankly; 10-24-2022, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X