Seahawks @ Chargers Game Day Thread | Post Game Meltdown (Week 7)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Just some counterpoints, Sir.
    the lion offense improved substantially once lombo was fired:
    one win with him, 6 wins without.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Saints offense regressed once Lombo was gone.

BTW Herbert has a rib injury.
      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
        The LAC are the factory of pain west. CLE is the east.
        And DET the north. And ATL in the south.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
          First aftermath post....

Herbert isnt 100 percent...injuries to himself and WR corp and conservative scheme all contribute....He will have to buckle up and put this team on his shoulders the rest of the year...and Staley needs to be coaching him to do that.

Nobody wants to hear this, but the injuries have been too much to overcome. LT, best DE, Best WR, #3 WR, #1 corner( though he was slow coming along) #2 RB, #2 TE, and the RT and QB not 100 percent....most of our best players, along with some key contributors, arent on the field, or are playing knicked up....and now #2 WR MW is gonna be missing time.

Chargers have a choice. They play the season out, and see who they have, and what they have to do for next season....or they go balls out and try to turn this thing around.

For option 2, they need to do 3 things.

1. Let Herbie loose. Give him green light to take more shots downfield...and start scrambling for first downs. Rest of the season should be 2 minute drill.

2. WR room is a mess...go get a playmaker. Got no choice if you want to save THIS season.

3. Related to 1 and 2, gotta get aggressive, almost reckless on O ...this comes down to coaching. What we have been doing isnt working, and it sure isnt going to work going forward with our best players out or knicked up...this is where good coaches win.

Ball is in your hands, Staley...Im a fan....prove me right.
          I agree about WR being a priority. It is obvious they need somebody who can make plays. Allen - who knows how he will be the rest of the season health wise. Plus even if healthy, he is not fast. Granted, a healthy KA helps the team

But Telesco needs to be a bit bolder and use some of that draft capital and get a WR. Names I have heard mentioned
          Schefter mentioned Hamler and Jeudy if things continue to go down in Denver
          Elijah Moore though the Jets say he is not on the market
          DJ Moore
          Claypool

I have thought if the Broncos lose Sunday - wonder what it would cost to get Chubb and Hamler. Probably way too much for a division team

It is just glaring that the Chargers do not have a player that keeps the DC up at night at a skiled position.

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Dislocated kneecap is painful as hell, but if there's no other damage, recovery is a matter of how long it takes the patellar tendons to tighten up.

If there's other damage, too? That's a whole other story. He'll be out a while for certain, but good news if the ACL, MCL and LCL ligaments are okay.
            Not saying I'm happy with an injury to any player, but getting JC Gaither back doesn't exactly give me any hope that the defense will get even a little bit better. I think he's this year's poster child for Free Agent Bust. There's at least one every season. We signed him this year, unfortunately for us. I say minimize losses and just cut the guy. In fact, I'd start rolling heads today. Get the (next) rebuild started ASAP.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Not saying I'm happy with an injury to any player, but getting JC Gaither back doesn't exactly give me any hope that the defense will get even a little bit better. I think he's this year's poster child for Free Agent Bust. There's at least one every season. We signed him this year, unfortunately for us. I say minimize losses and just cut the guy. In fact, I'd start rolling heads today. Get the (next) rebuild started ASAP.
              JC was clearly struggling but the comparisons to Gaither are not faintly close to accurate. Everyone on the entire team knew Gaither was loafing and lazy - none of that faintly describes anything we have heard about JC. The knee jerk reaction like cutting guys is exactly what the team should not do.

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

Herbert didn't play well! Falcons, 49ers and Chiefs are our next 3. Hope we are not at 500 or worse after we play these next teams. It seems like coach Staley wants the team to rest and come back from the bye ready for the 2nd half of the season.

We need to win 2 of the next 3 games! Hope Herbert comes back healthy and the oline gets it together.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

And DET the north. And ATL in the south.
                  Atlanta will hand us our ass if we show up like we have the last 3 weeks.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Meachum was not much of a receiver - Norv didn't mind speed.
                    Easy to bring in a Meachem type player.

Ekeler has speed and is better than Bush,

Shockey ran a 4.58 combine 40 and spent his first 6 years on the giants:
                    Everett is faster than New Orlean's shockey.

So it basically comes down to Henderson,
                    whose production was comparable to Guyton's, save the super bowl year.
                    Every single player I listed is faster than the Chargers player at the same position. That was the point. So if they are going to be like those new Orleans teams they need more speed at all the skill positions.
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Caslon
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

Allen out for 5 games…non contact. JC out indefinitely with a dislocated knee cap…non contact. Hopkins kick a field goal and hears his leg pop. So many other key injuries piling up. Manifestation of spreading subconscious spookyness of some kind. Who’s next I wonder? Is Staley unintentionally projecting some kinda weird vibe? Bring in a priest or witch doctor (cue in Unsolved Mysteries show theme music). “Perhaps YOU can help solve a mystery.” (Robert Stack was cool).

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

This so much this. :toyou:
                        Honestly that KC game was the worst thing that could have happened to us.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Comparing JC to Gaither is kind of messed up.

Comment

Working...
                          X