Until John Spanos is Gone, Nothing Will Ever Change - Locked By Fleet - John LIstened

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The NFL has the worst contracts from a player perspective of any major sports league. And it is the most dangerous for players. Hard to blame the players here. It would be more equitable to calculate some cap relief during the season for IR’d players.
    Crocodile tears for the Bosa's or Allen's of the league. If your income is below a threshold of course it could be entirely guaranteed. So like if your Salary is below $5 mill annually it could be entirely guaranteed. It's the $15-30 mil guarantees that are hurting the league.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Charger Offense 2023: The contract that is troubling me is Keenan's. I am of the belief that we need to get younger, faster, healthier, and CHEAPER at the WR1 position. That moves Keenan to the WR3 slot, Mike Will the WR2, and a new WR in landed in 2023, and Josh Palmer competing for the WR1 spot.

This is my preference over Keenan being either released or traded. But I do not know what Slayer wants.

Comment

• Air Coryell
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2021
        • Carlsbad, CA
        • Teacher, Coach, CFO
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Well, you have Bosa at $30 Mil, KA at $20 mil, JC Jackson at what $20 mil, Mike Will at $20 mill, right there is $90 mill. of a $208 million budget. Your missing the point of my argument. You cannot buy your way into playoffs and also continue doing this long term and consistently make the playoffs. Why do you need to max pay for everything? You don't and it hasn't done us any good except miss the playoffs for 10 years. The problem as I see it is reality versus fantasy is not panning out. That means you spend X amount of dollars and there's nothing left. LET THEM WALK if you cannot come to a sensible arrangement on What Happens if they CAN'T PLAY! The only player we should be paying big time is a top ten QB. You laugh now because of this market value bullshit and the stupid guarantees that we didn't have ten years ago. All the teams in the NFL are experiencing this to some degree and I'm going to jump out in front of this issue which you are not. It's the proverbial Elephant in the Room.
        This^^^. very few of your fellow posters get this. Besides HC selection, this is a major miss by TT. I would never have signed MW at $20M. They should have traded him 2 years ago and replaced him with a high drafted rookie. I would have never signed JC. Only pay a QB or OT or edge that type of money. I would have never made DJ the highest paid safety. The position is not worth the budget. They should have resigned Adrian Philips. KA should be cut next year. Bosa is tough. He need to produce to the contract or trade him.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If the Chargers had another WR - they might have beaten the 49ers. Moore and Bandy just cannot get open to make plays.

Popper needed to do a better job - like Jourdan Rodrique did of commenting on who the Chargers wanted during the trading period. Not this generic "we talked to a few teams" bull crap.
          He can only report what they give him and that sounds just like a Telesco quote.

Comment

• Berserker76
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Well, you have Bosa at $30 Mil, KA at $20 mil, JC Jackson at what $20 mil, Mike Will at $20 mill, right there is $90 mill. of a $208 million budget. Your missing the point of my argument. You cannot buy your way into playoffs and also continue doing this long term and consistently make the playoffs. Why do you need to max pay for everything? You don't and it hasn't done us any good except miss the playoffs for 10 years. The problem as I see it is reality versus fantasy is not panning out. That means you spend X amount of dollars and there's nothing left. LET THEM WALK if you cannot come to a sensible arrangement on What Happens if they CAN'T PLAY! The only player we should be paying big time is a top ten QB. You laugh now because of this market value bullshit and the stupid guarantees that we didn't have ten years ago. All the teams in the NFL are experiencing this to some degree and I'm going to jump out in front of this issue which you are not. It's the proverbial Elephant in the Room.
            Good, solid take.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Crocodile tears for the Bosa's or Allen's of the league. If your income is below a threshold of course it could be entirely guaranteed. So like if your Salary is below $5 mill annually it could be entirely guaranteed. It's the $15-30 mil guarantees that are hurting the league.
              The owners are doing this. The Browns gave Watson that ridiculous contract which makes other QBs salaries go up and he hasn't played since 2020. I don't feel sorry for the owners dishing out these stupid contracts.

Sure it's hurting us next year but we are usually in pretty good shape cap space wise.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

That 208 mil is this year's team salary cap. JC Jackson's cap hit is 8 mil this year, MW is 17 mil, Bosa's is 28 mil, Keenan's is 19 mil.

2023 is when we will be in more trouble but we don't know yet how much the cap for each team will go up.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That 208 mil is this year's team salary cap. JC Jackson's cap hit is 8 mil this year, MW is 17 mil, Bosa's is 28 mil, Keenan's is 19 mil.

2023 is when we will be in more trouble but we don't know yet how much the cap for each team will go up.
                  According to Sporttrac, we are $14.6 million over the cap next year. As you mentioned, the cap going up will help but we have very little room to do much without some pretty big cuts...and Herbert's contract is looming...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

According to Sporttrac, we are $14.6 million over the cap next year. As you mentioned, the cap going up will help but we have very little room to do much without some pretty big cuts...and Herbert's contract is looming...
                    Restructuring bosa will create cap space, maybe as much as 15-17 mil in 2023…and the way they back load contracts, they might be able to get herbert done in 2023 with the bosa savings alone…
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Restructuring bosa will create cap space, maybe as much as 15-17 mil in 2023…and the way they back load contracts, they might be able to get herbert done in 2023 with the bosa savings alone…
                      Sure they can create some cap space, but that number is for 40 contracts so there are 13 more contracts to fit in as well.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Sure they can create some cap space, but that number is for 40 contracts so there are 13 more contracts to fit in as well.
                        all I know is that I haven’t worried about the cap for a couple of decades, to me it’s a fucking joke! I can’t tell you how many times some loaded club was either scheduled to lose a bunch of guys or the team had negative cap space and they not only didn’t lose anyone but added more people. It’s a hot steaming pile of bovine feces selectively used to justify fucking players over while keeping fans at bay…bottom line is that teams let players walk for a bunch of different reasons, cheap ass owners, personality issues, etc. but I’m certain the cap isn’t one of them…

The cap is just a tool that owners can use to justify letting good players go to big market teams…I like how everyone conveniently looks away when certain teams are clearly going WAY over the fucking cap, because the NFL is 100% all about optics…we want you to think we care about players and coaches but….we want you to think we give a shit about concussions but…we want you to think we are not MLB and that EVERY team has a legit shot at winning a superbowl but…on and on

Stop worrying about the cap, it matters more what plans new york has for the chargers now that they are playing in a big market and have a superstar QB…

"The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

all I know is that I haven’t worried about the cap for a couple of decades, to me it’s a fucking joke! I can’t tell you how many times some loaded club was either scheduled to lose a bunch of guys or the team had negative cap space and they not only didn’t lose anyone but added more people. It’s a hot steaming pile of bovine feces selectively used to justify fucking players over while keeping fans at bay…bottom line is that teams let players walk for a bunch of different reasons, cheap ass owners, personality issues, etc. but I’m certain the cap isn’t one of them…

The cap is just a tool that owners can use to justify letting good players go to big market teams…I like how everyone conveniently looks away when certain teams are clearly going WAY over the fucking cap, because the NFL is 100% all about optics…we want you to think we care about players and coaches but….we want you to think we give a shit about concussions but…we want you to think we are not MLB and that EVERY team has a legit shot at winning a superbowl but…on and on

Stop worrying about the cap, it matters more what plans new york has for the chargers now that they are playing in a big market and have a superstar QB…
                          This!

Now there is a point like with the Saints you way behind. They are going to be screwed here next year. But if you continue to draft well like say the Chiefs - and have those younger players on cheap deals -you can make it work

Comment

Working...
                          X