Chargers at 49ers Pregame Discussion (Week 10)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Niners are missing Armstead and another starter on the Dline; plus, they are vulnerable at the backend.
    Niner talk is worried that a cb thrust into a starting position will not hold up.

With no interior pass rush, Chargers can focus on taking Bosa out of the game and tee off on the niner secondary.
    They should be able to run the football a bit too.

Charger D is another story;

if they get steamrolled in the running game and can't get to Garrapolo, hard to see how they can win.
    McGlichey is having a tough year.
    Not sure it will make a difference but the 49er RBs aren’t bruiser like Chubb, Atl backs, Kenneth Walker, etc. more shifty and speedy. Maybe our guys will have a better result. Against KCcthey held down the run game until that last 55 yarder CEH ripped off to kill us

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

What good is a WR against opposing pass rushers that blow right by Norton? Besides, we need more screen options.
      gotta put McKitty next to him (or Sarell), and.... throw the darn ball to Tre' for cryin' out loud.... a TE screen/slant.... most anything.... keep the D honest and spread the ball around.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Not sure it will make a difference but the 49er RBs aren’t bruiser like Chubb, Atl backs, Kenneth Walker, etc. more shifty and speedy. Maybe our guys will have a better result. Against KCcthey held down the run game until that last 55 yarder CEH ripped off to kill us
        CMAC is pretty shifty. Deebo is damn difficult to tackle in the open field. Anyways success for the 49ers doesn't always coincide with a running game that is working. That's because running does not win games in the NFL. It just makes them close ones. In order for the Chargers to win they have to limit 49er big plays. If they do that and Herbert has a good game we have a chance. 49er dbs are banged up and some are out, but so are our top 3 receivers. So we very limited in this game as we have been for most of the season. As for Jimmy G, he is very good when not pressured. He's had one bad game this year. The 49ers are 4-4 because their receivers when Kittle is not 100% have sucked. Most dropped balls in the NFL. But lately they have been playing better. Shanahan is 1-4 coming off a bye. The 49ers are pretty confident. This very well can be a trap game for them.

Comment

• jox g
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

If they're all running by Norton, we run left. If it's just 1 guy, we use a TE and /or RB/FB, aux OL to help Storm - or get the damn ball out in 2- 2.5 sec.
          It's Foster (I had a dominant preseason) Sarrel Starting

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

Did Storm lose that picture of TT drunk and butt naked?

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Here is all I could find on the RT position:

"Foster Sarell worked at right tackle with the first team offensive line during individual as opposed to Storm Norton."
              - chargerwire.

Not exactly a confirmation

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                Here is all I could find on the RT position:

"Foster Sarell worked at right tackle with the first team offensive line during individual as opposed to Storm Norton."
                - chargerwire.

Not exactly a confirmation
                Maybe they were just getting him reps at RT in case Pip is out and Storm does poorly OR maybe they’re getting him ready if Pip can’t go because they’ve seen enough of Storm

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

CMAC is pretty shifty. Deebo is damn difficult to tackle in the open field. Anyways success for the 49ers doesn't always coincide with a running game that is working. That's because running does not win games in the NFL. It just makes them close ones. In order for the Chargers to win they have to limit 49er big plays. If they do that and Herbert has a good game we have a chance. 49er dbs are banged up and some are out, but so are our top 3 receivers. So we very limited in this game as we have been for most of the season. As for Jimmy G, he is very good when not pressured. He's had one bad game this year. The 49ers are 4-4 because their receivers when Kittle is not 100% have sucked. Most dropped balls in the NFL. But lately they have been playing better. Shanahan is 1-4 coming off a bye. The 49ers are pretty confident. This very well can be a trap game for them.
                  Deebo may be the most versatile weapon in the NFL and CMC may be #2. Gonna be a challenge. The Chargers are blitzing more since Bosa is out so hopefully that continues. The biggest break the 49ers got was Trey Lance’s ankle. Jimmy G has a very high winning percentage. He’s not a great passer but they seem to win with him. We’ll see. Strap it up. Feels good to be big underdogs. Make the skeptics converts

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

Ya think? I saw that he practiced w/1's once.
                    Maybe. Maybe he's the swing OT depth. It's him or Storm if Pip can't go.
                    I think they'll start I won 9 NFL games starting at RT Norton but if Staley thinks Sarrel is a better starting RT than Storm? Go for it.
                    I wish whoever starts all the best.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Maybe Rountree has been killing it in practice, is primed for a breakout game and the Chargers run all over the Niners.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

I thought Foster Sarell was very inconsistent in the pre-season and that was playing against non-starters. I hope he isn't the best we have for this game.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                          I thought Foster Sarell was very inconsistent in the pre-season and that was playing against non-starters. I hope he isn't the best we have for this game.
                          Same here.

Comment

Working...
                          X