Chargers at Raiders Pre Game Thread (Wk 13)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

It's the drop from Linsley to backup that is the most tremendous.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Austin Ekeler update.

RECENT GAMES VS THE RAIDERS
      Last season he scored 4 total TDs against them, 1 rushing and 1 receiving in each of the two games.

In the first game last season in Oct at SoFi he had 117 yds rushing for 7.8 yds per carry.

In the 2nd game in LV he had 64 yds rushing for 4.0 yds per.

EK IN 2022
      Ekeler started slow this season and didn't do much against the Raiders in Week 1.

But starting in Week 4, Ekeler has been on a bit of a tear, scoring 12 total TDs in the past 8 games. He's scored at least 1 TD in 7 of the last 8 games, and has scored multiple TDs in four of those games.

Ek has 497 yds rushing - 173 of that in one game v the Browns - and is averaging 4.33 yds per carry for the season.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

The Raiders are bad on pass D
        They are average on rush D
        Pass the rock, please !

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Send PM

I can see Josh Jacobs running for 250 yards - at least - against this defense. I hope Herbert gets decent protection. It's going to be difficult with who's actually blocking for him though. Raiders should win this game easily. If I was a betting man I'd put all my money on the Raiders this game.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

We tend to tighten up the run D in the redzone, probably because it's easier to defend a condensed field.
            That's all that really matters to me, redzone D.
            They can have all the yards they want between the 20s.
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Berserker76
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

There's no reason we can't control the clock a bit in this game, the Raiders defense is not that good. The first game shouldn't have been as close as it was. Dink & dunk all game long if that's what it takes, just keep moving the chains. Between Eke, Kelley, and Spiller we should be able to employ some sort of ball control and minimize the carries that Jacobs will get. Use chips and roll-outs to keep Crosby at bay. This game is easily winnable, Staley just needs to have these guys ready to play from the get-go.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Your not going to find a more impactful and game ready player with a 2nd Rd pick rookie to help Herbert and offense get some pop into it.
                woulda been just fine w/George Pickens last year.... AJ Brown was a pretty decent second round value/selection as well.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
                  I can see Josh Jacobs running for 250 yards - at least - against this defense. I hope Herbert gets decent protection. It's going to be difficult with who's actually blocking for him though. Raiders should win this game easily. If I was a betting man I'd put all my money on the Raiders this game.
                  I don't think any betting man should put money on Josh McDaniels...unless it's against the current Broncos, with Hackett as the head coach.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                    Superbowl?
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Los Angeles/Chicago
                    • Send PM

4th quarter Chargers 49 Raiders 35 then score a meaningless TD in last minute, final 49-42 a shoot out! Herbert on fire and can't be stopped opens up run game for Ek.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

IMV OL is the least of our problems.

Slater is ESPN Top25 under 25 years. Huge loss. Trickle down.

Zion will continue to develop.

Salyer, Pipkins and Sarell have been great finds as this plays out.

A key point is that the run blocking will only hum with timing, cohesion and consistency, and that involves health.

The Pipkins off season question is a big one.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

A key point is that the run blocking will only hum with timing, cohesion and consistency, and that involves health.

Seems like Salyer may be the long term answer at either RT or LG.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Zion is doing quite well as a rookie, with some bumps in the road...lol, think we got spoiled by Slater's impact as a Rookie...but I see what I expect from Rookie Zion, and am very comfortable with him....Salyer a steal...I dont think we keep Feiler and Pip...Salyer will replace one of them..my hope is Feiler goes, but Pip still has to log a final grade. Sarell looks promising as the backup, and would like to add a OC/G to understudy Linsley...

But in a nutshell, agree...our oline (healthy) is as good as its been in years....shocker!
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X