Chargers @ Raiders Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 13)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaguarmanftype
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

... Sad!
    I miss Trumpy.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
      finally the injuries catch up with Chargers and they run out of magic.

Take away the same starting postions and injure others and no team, NO TEAM is winning more than they lose.

You wanna blame the coaches for having 6-6 record with guys you never even heard of at start of training camp now starting NFL games? I refuse
      This take is ignoring the situation with injuries was the same six years ago, since Spanos ascended to an unaccountable position of power within the front office.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

How's @darealmike_dub 's ankle ?
        Pipkin's knee ?
        Linsley's concussion ?
        Key questions.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

This take is ignoring the situation with injuries was the same six years ago, since Spanos ascended to an unaccountable position of power within the front office.
          It’s been the same every year except somehow not last year when we still didn’t make the playoffs.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

Quite frankly, we're a .500 team even with no injuries. Staley's defense would still be scheme over player (and even without injuries on the frontline and in the secondary, the scheme wasn't particularly effective), and the offense would still be impotent for 2 quarters a game under Lombardi.
            POTD.Ugly but true.Gimmie ugly truth everytime.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              How's @darealmike_dub 's ankle ?
              Pipkin's knee ?
              Linsley's concussion ?
              Key questions.
              Bosa’s groin, Parham’s head.

Bosa and Keenan kind of fucked our season

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Ouch. Jaguarmanftype laying it out there

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

No, it's just hyperbole. Plenty of reasons to critique many parts of this team, from the owners down to the players, but to claim we'd be a .500 team with no injuries is just...dumb.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not going to win with 4 backup OL. Three of them stink. Salyer has been very good but his last two games haven't been his best. Made Chandler Jones look 25 again.
                    Well, all I heard before the game was how bad the raider defense was and all we had to worry about was Maxx Crosby. So that shitty Raider defense held us to 13. That wasn’t the steel curtain we played but they played their asses off and we played like we deserved to win just by teeing the ball up.

where was Derwin? Where was Mack? Ek with the critical fumble. Herbert with shitty pocket awareness. Keenan disappearing act. Load of shit served up on a Sunday. Don’t be fooled by the final score. They beat our ass and could have run it up more but just wanted to milk the clock.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

No, it's just hyperbole. Plenty of reasons to critique many parts of this team, from the owners down to the players, but to claim we'd be a .500 team with no injuries is just...dumb.
                      We’ll never know with this roster of cupcakes

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

Quite frankly, we're a .500 team even with no injuries. Staley's defense would still be scheme over player (and even without injuries on the frontline and in the secondary, the scheme wasn't particularly effective), and the offense would still be impotent for 2 quarters a game under Lombardi.
                        Staley's defense would have inevitably improved over the season, minus injuries.

Lombardi's offense would have produced good numbers, as last year, minus injuries.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I would agree it would be hyperbole if at any point when this team has been healthy I saw an Ejiro Evero-led Broncos defensive performance or a consistent offensive performance rivaling the Bills or the Chiefs, but what I see is a bottom-feeding defense in most categories for the past 2 years statistically and an inept offense in large stretches of a game no matter who has been on the field more often than not. I don't know about you, but that doesn't scream like a winning formula to me. I certainly don't know many teams who have had much success being bottom 5 in defense and average in offense. Aside from the 2016 Falcons, I can't remember any teams that have had success being lopsided heavily in one category over the other (offense vs. defense).

Comment

Working...
                          X