JC Jackson Discussion - Was He a Locker Room Distraction?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

yeah, saw that a week or so ago. No idea what his treadmill / whatever work means as far as a prognosis for football ready in Sept but I’m hoping the doomish gloomy “he’s dead” diagnoses most popular here in TPB were premature.
    Normal recovery is 6 to 12 months. It's been about 5 months since his surgery so it's likely he'll be back by camp, especially as an elite athlete with the best of care and rehab available to him. The question is will he return to his previous level physically?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Normal recovery is 6 to 12 months. It's been about 5 months since his surgery so it's likely he'll be back by camp, especially as an elite athlete with the best of care and rehab available to him. The question is will he return to his previous level physically?
      The post operative ankle should be good and healed by then. Lol.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Bonus!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Bonus!
          I am very surprised he is doing this well this soon.

Five to ten months, you say.

That's awesome.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I love when you bring the silver lining. Thank you, you are 100% right! If LAC doesn’t draft CB at 21, we’ll know they think he’s going to be back. If they think he can’t make it back, you know Staley and his CB affinity.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

I love when you bring the silver lining. Thank you, you are 100% right! If LAC doesn’t draft CB at 21, we’ll know they think he’s going to be back. If they think he can’t make it back, you know Staley and his CB affinity.
              What should the team do? Restructure JC Jackson's contract?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

What should the team do? Restructure JC Jackson's contract?
                Seems premature to me, idunno, what do you think? I’d wait to see him play first. They already made the cap moves to be able tosuffer his cap hit this year, It’s a lot easier to dump him next season and I would think they want to see (a) that he is able to heal and return to NFL level of athleticism and (b) he’s able to adjust to Staley’s D and play at a high level.

He started horribly, there were some glimmers that between some BS tweaks and his acclimation he might have been coming on but then boom - IR. We aren’t the only ones that saw it - they did too. They have already absorbed the oh-shit factor of signing the biggest CB deal of last year to watch it not pay off - they won’t want to extend any more commitment to him until they see some reasons its not just more good money after bad.

QSmoke and I are, of course, very optimistic he not only will make it back physically, but he will pull it together mentally and be a great CB in 2023. Why would we think otherwise, right?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Seems premature to me, idunno, what do you think? I’d wait to see him play first. They already made the cap moves to be able tosuffer his cap hit this year, It’s a lot easier to dump him next season and I would think they want to see (a) that he is able to heal and return to NFL level of athleticism and (b) he’s able to adjust to Staley’s D and play at a high level.

He started horribly, there were some glimmers that between some BS tweaks and his acclimation he might have been coming on but then boom - IR. We aren’t the only ones that saw it - they did too. They have already absorbed the oh-shit factor of signing the biggest CB deal of last year to watch it not pay off - they won’t want to extend any more commitment to him until they see some reasons its not just more good money after bad.

QSmoke and I are, of course, very optimistic he not only will make it back physically, but he will pull it together mentally and be a great CB in 2023. Why would we think otherwise, right?

Wait - what? Sarcasm???

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

I'd still like to go for CB maybe in rounds 3-5...but Jackson's progress is encouraging...still want Bolts to go IDL, Edge, or TE in round 1...Edge is a high priority with the uncertainty about Bosa's future and Mack here just two more years...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'd still like to go for CB maybe in rounds 3-5...but Jackson's progress is encouraging...still want Bolts to go IDL, Edge, or TE in round 1...Edge is a high priority with the uncertainty about Bosa's future and Mack here just two more years...
                      It would be nice to not have to draft CB in Rd1. There are a few really good ones projected in Rd2 as well

Of your options, I guess I’ll take Kincaid or Washington. 2023 is the Give-to-Herbie draft for me, he deserves it.

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I hope they pick up Washington in the second. A great blocker and a good reciever. Sort of reminds me of a Shultz a bit. One thing I really like he’s 6’6” and his arms and hands are huge so his catch radius is really big. Put him and Parm on either side and you have two huge targets that are just mismatches with the smaller lbs and safety’s.
                        Last edited by Budsman; 03-24-2023, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

I hope they pick up Washington in the second. A great blocker and a good reciever. Sort of reminds me of a Shultz a bit. One thing I really like he’s 6’6” and his arms and hands are huge so his catch radius is really big. Put him and Park on either side and you have two huge targets that are just mismatches with the smaller lbs and safety’s.
                          Bijon in the 1st and Washington in the 2nd?Yep I'd be very,very happy.

Comment

Working...
                          X