JC Jackson Discussion - Was He a Locker Room Distraction?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think both really felt like they were on a short leash, especially Telesco -- so they pushed a lot of chips

see what happens
    they need to be 5-3 after the jets game that monday night

4-4 would give them just enough glimmer of hope that my guess Telesco will trade a future first for somethinig since he has nothing to lose if the season goes in toilet, he will be fire
    You're going to trade a future 1st in the middle of the season for what? It maybe past the trade deadline as well.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I want Tom to consider it if Staley continues to insist on playing Derwin at 5 positions at the detriment of the other guys.
      I'm convinced this is the root of our miscommunication.
      Yup, same page with ya.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

If people think the team is going to make a major move before the trade deadline, either buying or selling, they haven't followed the team closely.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          JC played great at NE so evidently Staley did NOT do his homework on him and did not use him right.

Obviously he had the ability. Use his best ability that made you want him in the first place.

If he shines in NE again, you will get the answer to who the problem was.
          To me this feels like yet another situation where everyone looks at limited information and draws their conclusion based on what they already think. I don't know you're wrong. But you don't know you're right. He came in, reportedly started out having a good camp, then had his foot surgery required before camp was even over, much less played. He came back from that but was he really 100% when he came back, and was he ready to play or execute? did he really learn the system and is it more system or more him if he didnt?

then he blew his knee out, he actually did show glimpses at the very end of his 2022 mini-season he might be catching on, though its not enough to conclude he did or would. flashes, if you will.

then this year he's coming back from an injury many do not come back from. I don't doubt he worked his ass off, he clearly doesnt want to be remembered as gaithering. But was he really back and can h even fully come back? then he starts complaining and ad-libbing and coaches say we'll have none of that.

i just dunno. I also know that nobody here that is so certain about X or Y actually knows. But everyone please do carry on anyway ...

If he shines in NE, maybe it was because Staley eats stale butt-cheese, or maybe JCJ needed another month to full recover and come back - we will never ever ever know for sure.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

To me this feels like yet another situation where everyone looks at limited information and draws their conclusion based on what they already think. I don't know you're wrong. But you don't know you're right. He came in, reportedly started out having a good camp, then had his foot surgery required before camp was even over, much less played. He came back from that but was he really 100% when he came back, and was he ready to play or execute? did he really learn the system and is it more system or more him if he didnt?

then he blew his knee out, he actually did show glimpses at the very end of his 2022 mini-season he might be catching on, though its not enough to conclude he did or would. flashes, if you will.

then this year he's coming back from an injury many do not come back from. I don't doubt he worked his ass off, he clearly doesnt want to be remembered as gaithering. But was he really back and can h even fully come back? then he starts complaining and ad-libbing and coaches say we'll have none of that.

i just dunno. I also know that nobody here that is so certain about X or Y actually knows. But everyone please do carry on anyway ...

If he shines in NE, maybe it was because Staley eats stale butt-cheese, or maybe JCJ needed another month to full recover and come back - we will never ever ever know for sure.
            My dear Watson...there is enough information available to understand he failed on multiple fronts. Chronic Injury issues plus unsuccessful ad-libbing is a disaster in the making. The coach was about to lose his job because you're not doing what your supposed to do. It's never one thing but multiple things that lead to disenchantment.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              If people think the team is going to make a major move before the trade deadline, either buying or selling, they haven't followed the team closely.
              I follow the team closely, and I think they will trade for an RB or a CB by the deadline. It will depend on where the team stands after week 7 or 8.

Comment

• rensoul
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2023
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I follow the team closely, and I think they will trade for an RB or a CB by the deadline. It will depend on where the team stands after week 7 or 8.
                I'm surprised they haven't brought back Callahan. Was playing at a high level and even though he specializes inside he can play outside CB as well.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

I'm surprised they haven't brought back Callahan. Was playing at a high level and even though he specializes inside he can play outside CB as well.
                  He hasn't played since early January. He wasn't in any training camp this season. He's 31. I'd rather find someone who has been active on a roster or a practice squad and is in football shape. Who knows what shape Callahan is in.

This is from July.
                  BRYCE Callahan has become a free agent once again – albeit this time on the back of a resurgent year. The 31-year-old cornerback played for the Los Angeles Chargers during the 2022 season. He…

Comment

• cmplxgal
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • New Jersey
                    • Send PM

He hasn't played since early January. He wasn't in any training camp this season. He's 31. I'd rather find someone who has been active on a roster or a practice squad and is in football shape. Who knows what shape Callahan is in.

What I don't understand is why no one has signed him.

Comment

• rensoul
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2023
                      • Send PM

This is from July.
                      https://www.the-sun.com/sport/869009...back-chargers/
                      If that's the case, then the team is probably limited to trading for someone. It would be hard to trust a guy off the PS or a recent cut ton play meaningful snaps beyond ST and perhaps at a 4th-5th CB level.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

What I don't understand is why no one has signed him.
                        I don't understand it either. Did you read that article I posted above? It does pump Callahan up quite a bit, but it doesn't seem to make sense that he has gone unsigned. Maybe it's his size? He is on the small side.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

He may play this weekend if he stills has a good grasp of BBs defense.

I don't think he will have to wait a month.

Comment

Working...
                          X